Honda CRX Forum banner

DIY: Rear badge pins.

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Rayramadhan 
#1 ·
Thought this might be helpful to anyone who may have changed/replaced badges or removed for paint and broke any/all of the threaded clip pins. All but 1 of mine broke from being old and brittle.

Step 1: You will need to get some door card panel push clips. Autozone carries them, but expensive, so I ordered some online. Some of the push rivets may work, but trying to find the right size/thread/length could be trial and error. I found the door panel ones to be best fit and alignment to the car.

Step 2: Not sure of the size due to the stamps being worn off the bit, so I tried to find one that was as close to the post size as possible. Drill out the hole on the top to increase size. You will need to be as precise as you can to keep it centered as not to split through the sides. The very topmost standoff layer will most likely come off but that's ok. If it doesn't, you will need to cut it off. Just have to drill deep enough for badge threaded post.

Step 3: Use one of the many 10mm bolts to tap the hole. It works best if you have a self-tapping bolt. Like the one holding the ground wire on the rear hatch defroster connector.

Step 4: Gently....GENTLY thread it on to your badge till snug. You don't want to break off the post. There fairly sturdy, but caution is best.

Step 5: Clip in and done.

See less See more
#7 ·
The triangle has 3 threaded studs on the back of it. The factory clips are since discontinued from Honda. They do have a 10mm head on them against the badge, so I guess if you can get a wrench in there you could unscrew it, but the pins are a one time use as once they clip in, they flare out against the inside of the sheet metal and break if you try to pull them out. And no way to get pliers or anything from the inside to squeeze them without drilling holes in the sheet metal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.