(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

PBK's batman crx b17a1 back at it ;)

Detailing, rust repair, body work, paint, body kits, interior upgrades and rebuilding.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: PBK's batman crx b17a1 back at it ;)

Postby Dallas » Tue May 03, 2011 12:33 am

Just throwing it out there...what if PBK and Filer0128 teamed up...wow..the magic that could occur!
My car has CEFD. Compulsive Engine Failure Disorder. -Me
Dallas

Postby crxvtec91 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:06 am

We need pic's!
My build thread: http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16812

500hp and 450ft/lbs @30psi

LOOK, go to UserControlPanel->UsercontrolPanel->Profile->UPDATE YOUR DAMN LOCATIONS K?
crxvtec91

Postby phatboycrxhf » Wed May 11, 2011 8:28 pm

sorry guys yet another side project came up,i sold two of my cars my 1990 hatch and 1991 hatch to my cousin ,with a bunch of stuff,so he could learn some stuff and have fun working on a honda with me.here is some pics from the last two days

this project isnt as intensive as my crx or customers cars,but i'm thinking the rust repair taking place should last a few years (shrugs) we buffed and rust converted the infected areas under the rockers and in the wheel wells,then primed and painted them with rust paint,other areas that were to bad have been cut and new welded in and the same process as stated above was done to fight the rust

pretty much this will be a bodykitted civic with a b18a swap with 2 1/2 magnaflow exhaust intake and few other goodies

pretty sure this bumper is for a crx,cant remember though,fits for [crud] regaurdless lol
welder plug pics
phatboycrxhf

Postby Dallas » Wed May 11, 2011 9:39 pm

I'm thinking cars come off the showroom floor with rust in Canada. :/ My buddy showed me pics of a 2007 chevy pickup back in 2010, the bumpers and rockers were rotted away. I was blown away. Glad someone up there can fix all this! I bet you get alot of rust repair huh?
My car has CEFD. Compulsive Engine Failure Disorder. -Me
Dallas

Postby phatboycrxhf » Thu May 19, 2011 12:23 am

Dallas wrote:I'm thinking cars come off the showroom floor with rust in Canada. :/ My buddy showed me pics of a 2007 chevy pickup back in 2010, the bumpers and rockers were rotted away. I was blown away. Glad someone up there can fix all this! I bet you get alot of rust repair huh?

lol in manitoba,its very rare to find a early 90's honda or any make car without some sort of rust or previous rust repair.Ontario is very bad for rust,but they use salt in the winters for the roads.yeah i get alot of people coming for rust repair,but in most cases theyre to cheap and don't realize how much it actually costs to fight rust haha and alot of people come to me and ask me to (just bondo it) but i turn them away
phatboycrxhf

Postby crxvtec91 » Fri May 20, 2011 8:41 am

phatboycrxhf wrote:
Dallas wrote:I'm thinking cars come off the showroom floor with rust in Canada. :/ My buddy showed me pics of a 2007 chevy pickup back in 2010, the bumpers and rockers were rotted away. I was blown away. Glad someone up there can fix all this! I bet you get alot of rust repair huh?

lol in manitoba,its very rare to find a early 90's honda or any make car without some sort of rust or previous rust repair.Ontario is very bad for rust,but they use salt in the winters for the roads.yeah i get alot of people coming for rust repair,but in most cases theyre to cheap and don't realize how much it actually costs to fight rust haha and alot of people come to me and ask me to (just bondo it) but i turn them away

I hate people that cover up rust with bondo!

LOOK, go to UserControlPanel->UsercontrolPanel->Profile->UPDATE YOUR DAMN LOCATIONS K?
crxvtec91

Postby juttsin2 » Fri May 20, 2011 6:04 pm

awesome. You just disected a couple hatches... I think you and this guy should hang out.

I think you would appreciate his work like he would appreciate yours. He has a bunch of vids on youtube.
juttsin2

Postby Popov23 » Fri May 20, 2011 8:18 pm

wow she had some rust, were did u get that rocker section from
check me out on facebook peter varenchick
Popov23

Postby phatboycrxhf » Sat May 28, 2011 2:51 am

crxvtec91 wrote:
phatboycrxhf wrote:

I hate people that cover up rust with bondo!

no doubt and when most people don't plan on keeping the car,thats exactly what they do lol
phatboycrxhf

Postby phatboycrxhf » Sat May 28, 2011 2:53 am

juttsin2 wrote:awesome. You just disected a couple hatches... I think you and this guy should hang out.

I think you would appreciate his work like he would appreciate yours. He has a bunch of vids on youtube.

this dood is sooo legit,like what he does with that crx is pretty damn insane to say the least :-)b i actually have him as a friend on youtube lol havent talked to him though haha,but i do admire his fabrication skills and would love to be half as good as him one day :-)b
phatboycrxhf

Postby phatboycrxhf » Sat May 28, 2011 3:01 am

Popov23 wrote:wow she had some rust, were did u get that rocker section from

on the crx the rocker section is from a 88to 91 ED hatch and the ED hatch is the same thing.on the crx if you look close you can see that i cannot use the factory side skirts,since the rocker panel does not have indents just left of the bottom of the door at the bottom of the 1/4 anymore,but oh well i think it looks much cleaner now ad fits the project :-)b

almost got this Ed hatch ready to spray the body,the kit hasnt been reworked yet,but almost all the welding is complete.I'm loving the new miller 211 mvp ,seriously awesome welder.i baught a new sand blaster,new tank of autoweld aka C17,new welding mask,trim tools,Air brush (taking on the bay myself) ive been messin with it ;)
ummm,i picked up new sanding blocks,mixing boards, saw horses for tossing panels on,two new repair seats for rolling around and doing low down maintenance or bodywork,ummmmm got two more cars here for some reworking.

I finished shaving the girls rear hatch for her EG ummmm yeah lots going on guys, new compressor very soon....

PBK is taking a serious crack at this Bodywork and trying to pull in clients :D and if all goes well i'm going to do a small buisness thingy out of my garage
phatboycrxhf

Postby juttsin2 » Sat May 28, 2011 11:51 am

I like your work. A lot of people wont understand how hard it is to weld in a large piece like that without warping.

Have you ever done a front clip / RHD conversion? or a glasstop swap? I think you could tackle them... and I think people would pay good money for quality work. Plus I think you would love to cut a car in half...
juttsin2

Postby phatboycrxhf » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:06 am

juttsin2 wrote:I like your work. A lot of people wont understand how hard it is to weld in a large piece like that without warping.

Have you ever done a front clip / RHD conversion? or a glasstop swap? I think you could tackle them... and I think people would pay good money for quality work. Plus I think you would love to cut a car in half...

nope havent done a glass top or rhd conversion,probably could do one,i'd like to one day,but just hasnt come up a of yet haha,i have cut a few cars in half though,like my 3g trailer involved cutting a car in half

picked up some 15x8 or maybe it was 10 rims for the batmobile,need to have the centers cut and hondas welded in,but thats no biggy,you should see the lip lol ...deadly :-)b
phatboycrxhf

Postby crxvtec91 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:48 am

Any up dates?

crxvtec91

Postby phatboycrxhf » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:54 am

so i got another set of rims and sent them off to have the centers cut .theyre 15x11 so i'm going to have to redo my flares

pics
bunch of new toys my honda z50,110cc crotch rocket,2 smaller pocket bikes,and my 185 honda trike
these are the 15x11's

these are the 15x8 or 9's and the offset isnt correct either sooooo i'll be cutting away once again

and this is my baby girl EmmaLeigh Rogue

i should have the rims back by the end of the week
phatboycrxhf

Postby 3gcvcd16 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:05 pm

I know this is old but is there anything new going on in this project
3gcvcd16

Postby MaStEr IrOc » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:55 am

I miss this thread
JustJesus wrote:Can't wait to see my dentist. She's pretty hot. I'm hoping one day she'll put me under the gas and take advantage of me. Then again, I won't be awake to enjoy it. Crud. Stupid plans
MaStEr IrOc

Postby crxvtec91 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 am

MaStEr IrOc wrote:I miss this thread

x2

crxvtec91

Postby Coveted X » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:58 am

I was friends with PBK before it was cool.
Coveted X

Postby phatboycrx33 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:09 am

so im really beginning to miss working on this car. ive been reading a lot and viewing projects of others.i catch myself looking up new parts and thinking about where I left off and or what ill have to redo once I finally bring it back into the shop. but the last thing I want to do is bring it in for a bit and have to pull it out again ,like last time lol my sister got me a B series ram horn turbo manifold for xmas.and ive been piecing and pricing parts for a reliable 250 300 hp. I hope to have everything I need for summer,but who knows with this project and other projects on the go lol

we shall see what happens
phatboycrx33

Postby crxvtec91 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:47 am

Glad to see your back, what happend with your phatboycrxhf account?

crxvtec91

Postby phatboycrx33 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:55 am

crxvtec91 wrote:Glad to see your back, what happend with your phatboycrxhf account?

thanks guy :-)b and ummm I still have it,but my msn account got hacked and all my passwords for my accounts on sites were in a folder on there lol. sooo I forgot them over time. Most were the same one,but this site I was given a new password once before I cant seem to remember that sucker
phatboycrx33

Postby crxvtec91 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:25 am

Ah that makes scene, well cant wait until you start working on it again!

crxvtec91

Postby phatboycrx33 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:20 am

I have some pics of my bike that may hold u over until something happens with the crx. I should take a pic of the crx now....its just rough after all the time n work put into it lol

the day I got the bike .its a 2002 Honda shadow 750 spirit chain drive with 13.000kms I think

triples n forks blasted n painted black
foot pegs I made out of some old bmx pegs buddy was going to toss out ,I cut up the old ones and welded these suckers on a once again painted black

cobra pipes
Dunlop white wall this [potty mouth] was lots of money
rear shocks blasted n painted gloss black
pipe wrap and solo seat n springs
fake oil tank I put all my electronics in
shortened front signal lights .in this pic u can see before n after
wire tucked
jet kit
peanut tank compared to spirit tank
this tank was brand new just sitting on dudes shelf,his buddy took it off and put an xl tank on his bike
not new anymore
[IMG]

welded up some frisco style bars with victory risers,arlen ness Harley grips modded to work with Honda push pull throttle cables.i also had to get 6 inch longer Barnett throttle cables. all the controls were tore down blasted primed and painted satin black to match triples,forks,pegs and tank,there is also a mustang bitch seat off a victory kingpin that is removable

[URL=http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/phatboycrxhf/media/531774_10151518978069627_401730877_n_zpsa7c3ea58.jpg.html]Image

arlen ness mirrors
battery box .I relocated the battery under the swing arm. and mounted it so it floats with it since this bike is not ridged
ole lady started hand painting the rim with yellow paint....batman right lol
I got ahold of a Harley springer frontend,but I have yet to even attempt at mounting this thing,so ill just run the reworked stock front
Harley K&N intake with dual manifold I welded up
widened sporty peanut tank all done and rattle canned for now until I add the fuel sight on it.
this is how I burned it all summer without any issues after the wire tuck and the other work
samcro bitches
phatboycrx33

Postby pbillie » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:44 pm

You do great work! Wish I had skills like you!
90 CR-X Si Y49 Restore and Upgrade
Thanks Pat!