(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

How To: Wire Tuck

Detailing, rust repair, body work, paint, body kits, interior upgrades and rebuilding.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: How To: Wire Tuck

Postby g0CRXg0 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:53 am

Are the pics working on this or not? I can see them just fine on mine

If not email me SDSRMP@aol.com and I'll reload them on photobucket and fix the links. I think I mightve deleted them from photobucket to spite the HT guys...

I'm bout to do a crazy build though, and wire tuck the [crud] out of it NH and I'll probably take a bunch of pics and make a new one of these for fun
g0CRXg0

Postby Dallas » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:22 am

Just did a wire tuck on mine. I went a little obsessive compulsive with it and cut almost EVERY wire under the hood and numbered them (a1-a22)
I think the only ones that were already seperated were the dizzy wires, alt wires and wiper motor wires. All the other ones seemed to have a common connection in between harnesses in at least one spot, So I cut every wire made them into subharnesses, sharing the same bulk head. Let me tell you...NOT worth it. lol. There are so many wires that you still end up with a mess under the dash (which i was trying to avoid) BUT I was able to get them all tucked away under the dash to where you don't see them even without carpet, and my ecu is there too. :-)b I'll take pics when I get something better than my cell for a cam. I still have a bit to do...I am not 100% happy with how it turned out, so I will redo it one day. I also want to get rid of some things and try to move my o2 sensor so it's not out front. I'm OBD-1 converted, no resistor box. No corner lights, just the headlights and blinkers. I do plan on getting rid of a few other things and depinning the dizzy and making the wires longer so the connectors are easier to tuck. My ultimate goal is to map out a whole new engine harness into 1 big bulkhead connector. Enough ranting. I need sleeeep.

P.S. I know this thread is ancient...oh well.
My car has CEFD. Compulsive Engine Failure Disorder. -Me
Dallas

Postby Sharkin904 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:36 pm

Great write up,I'm gonna attempt this soon...hope I dont effanything up lol. Thanks for making this :-)b
Sharkin904

Postby EF-Jordan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:40 pm

i'm working on the wiring schematics to make a one piece harness like this:

almost done!
99 Civic 3dr beater
91 CRX B16 daily
91 Civic 3dr project
EF-Jordan

Postby Sharkin904 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:36 pm

EF-Jordan wrote:i'm working on the wiring schematics to make a one piece harness like this:

almost done!

Nice work!
Sharkin904

Postby y49si » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:01 pm

EF-Jordan wrote:i'm working on the wiring schematics to make a one piece harness like this:

almost done!

don't tease us! start a thread? or email me pics and details!!

easyvtec@gmail.com
1991 Honda Crx Si
y49si

Postby triptrish » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:46 pm

I know this is a very old thread, but I needed a way to get info onto my iPad, so I took a link from this thread and converted it to a PDF file.

Hopefully someone has some use for it. I know there was some interest a few years ago.

Credit for this file should go to VegaS10, from the [url]importsnc.com[/url] forum. He did a excellant "How To" and he should be thanked by everyone who uses this file.

*I have just noticed that I am unable to upload a PDF file. Hopefully one of the mods can help me get it posted.....
In the meantime, PM me if you are interested in the file and I will email it to you.....I will need a e-mail address in the PM, in order to send the file.*

It has over 150 photos, with step by step instructions for doing a complete wire tuck and battery relocation. A MUST for any CRX owner (in my opinion). The photos have been re-sized, in order to save pages in the event someone wanted to print it out, but is still scaleable on any tablet, computer, or phone......

ENJOY!!!
triptrish

Postby JeffWilliamsUSA » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:04 am

ahhh cool,
a wire tuck video :)
Its RHD but , same in reverse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKUVTaqU2X8
STUFF 4 SALE
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=190266
Our CRX Family :)
88 HF .. J2-ReX NeW
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=200562
89 DX .. K-ReX
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=47004
91 DX .. J-ReX
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=53872
JeffWilliamsUSA

Postby BannisteR » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:08 am

Good info :-)b
*SUMOSPEED* *HIGHWAYSTAR*GARAGE*
http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=43933 <-- EF7 build/Japan Coverage!
90 EF7 CRX
09 Toyota 4Runner
BannisteR

Postby NovaVTEC » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:16 pm

Good info for destroying a car. I would not touch it with a stick after he's finished.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Flint Black EE8 - All OEM Baby!
NovaVTEC

Previous

Return to Restoration, Cosmetics, and Detailing