(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

91 Si build thread

Detailing, rust repair, body work, paint, body kits, interior upgrades and rebuilding.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 91 Si build thread

Postby SanFranciscoTreat » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Hmmm the springs don't look like what's. Unless its some old. Ersion. The ones thatre out there now have like a hard plastic or maybe paints or powdered finish and they dont rust. Not like that anyway.
You could get stock or get skunk2 like me. Tight ride
SanFranciscoTreat

Postby vanrij » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:55 pm

Looks like an eBay coilover I used to have (that came with a car I bought). Same heavy guage rusting spring look along with the red collar locks. GCs have gold locks.
vanrij

Postby NYVTEC89 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:34 pm

I figured they were cheap based on the rusting/ lack of brand names on it.
NYVTEC89

Postby NYVTEC89 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:39 pm

I'd like to just put a little away for a few months and pick up a set of tein coilovers. Real aggressive but they're nice.
NYVTEC89

Postby NYVTEC89 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:48 pm

I hate to admit this, but the crx is being sold the day after tomorrow. I changed the wheel bearing last week, installed a new battery, did the timing belt today, and that's all she wrote. I don't know what came over me, but I'm going to remain a member here on the community.

From working in a shop I decided I didn't want to work on cars for 8 - 10 hours a day, just to have to come home and fix things wrong with my car for another 3 hours. It's been getting really frustrating lately. This will not be my last crx, and that is a promise. Until next time guys. :closed:
NYVTEC89

Postby sicknick » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:16 pm

NYVTEC89 wrote:I hate to admit this, but the crx is being sold the day after tomorrow. I changed the wheel bearing last week, installed a new battery, did the timing belt today, and that's all she wrote. I don't know what came over me, but I'm going to remain a member here on the community.

From working in a shop I decided I didn't want to work on cars for 8 - 10 hours a day, just to have to come home and fix things wrong with my car for another 3 hours. It's been getting really frustrating lately. This will not be my last crx, and that is a promise. Until next time guys. :closed:

I can understand that from working on cars all day.
sicknick

Postby Master_Spazez » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:17 am

Me too, so I just quit that job. :lol:
FORZAITALIA2012
Master_Spazez

Postby TPZVTECREX » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:53 pm

looks good and don't get under the rear hatch like that cause if it fails ouch :rofl:
1991 Honda CR-X DX (RIP)
1988 Honda CR-X HF LIMITED EDITION
My Rex Wasn't Built Overnight..
TPZVTECREX

Postby NathanRoss » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:08 pm

i was totally going to comment on how great your project was coming along, then got to the part where you were selling her. That's too bad, but I totally understand. I had an EG like that, so much work put into her but still not anywhere near complete. So I understand. Anyways, those WINK mirrors are the [crud]!
Honda Shirts available here... CIVIC, CRX, WAGOVAN
http://www.redbubble.com/people/naterossart/shop
NathanRoss

Postby NYVTEC89 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:59 pm

thanks for all the support guys. since this car I got a job in an Audi shop, and I've had my mk4 vr6 jetta for almost a year now. I miss my little Rex, but the next one will either be imported rhd from Canada or a y49. :D
NYVTEC89

Previous

Return to Restoration, Cosmetics, and Detailing