Honda CRX Forum banner

Throwing the rules out the window

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Baker 
#1 ·
I got this PM from a Moderator, referring to this thread,
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=156898

CarID has apparently been approved as a vendor by the company that owns this forum. The forum is not privately owned, so whatever group it is that owns us (Vertical Scope?) allows CarID to advertise here, even if they don't sell anything relevant. *shrugs*
Of course most of us knew the acquisition by new owners was strictly for profit and to advertise, but still disappointing to see them allow advertising products NOT Crx related. Seems to contradict the forum rules....
This shows how much the new owners really care about the site and it's member base.
Let's disregard and throw the rules out the window and post whatever we want in the classifieds.
Why not change the site rules FIRST, or at least let the member base know, instead of doing it shady and back door like.
The new owners haven't done (or seemingly) anything to make the site better with updates, bug fixes, etc.
Thanks Fisher!
:)b :nay:

#2 ·
I thought it was spam so i hit the report button. Surprised to see it was an authorized vendor.

It could be worse. The only way this site could get all the love it needs is by being bought and ran by the Vets and people that care. I have no idea what it cost and what it takes to run a forum. Maybe it can be done?

#7 ·
Wait for all the pop-up ads, spammers that TARGET AG/VS forums, etc.

If anyone is on Yellowbullet, you know the stink show I caused when AG/VS took over, some on the forum thought I was an Admin/Moderator...

All about the clicks...

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.