Honda CRX Forum banner

Too many forums!

7K views 43 replies 19 participants last post by  daveb91 
#1 ·
I dont see why we had to add forums to the site. Why break up the general auto into three forums? This is a crx site not hondatech.

#7 ·
I like the 1st gen section. After this is CRXcommunity not 2nd gen CRXcommunity. Could do without the CRZ and insight stuff though. I mean the EF Civic hatch is closely related to the CRX but we don't have a section for that.

#8 ·
memphis said:
I like the 1st gen section. After this is CRXcommunity not 2nd gen CRXcommunity. Could do without the CRZ and insight stuff though. I mean the EF Civic hatch is closely related to the CRX but we don't have a section for that.
Yeah the hatch stuff is so close it doesnt really need a section because they are of the same generation as the CRX, the Insight and CRZ stuff does not belong at all. I would take the delsol threads before either of them.

#11 ·
My thoughts...
I don't see the need for the Insight or CRZ forums.
This is still the Crx community. Though I don't like to include the Del Sol, it was badged as a Crx in other markets, so therefore it should be included. The Insight and CRZ were/are not.
No matter how much ppl want to say the Crz is the next incarnation of the Crx or how many times Gator adamantly believes the Insight is a HF, they are still not Crx's, nor were they marketed as such in any market and basically share no parts with the Crx.

I think it should be as such:
1st gen
2nd gen
3rd Gen (Del Sol)
Gen. Auto

#14 ·
Everybody hates change. More than one of you is saying you're ok with a Del Sol section, but not Insight/CR-Z. Well they're all in the same forum, so changing the name of it isn't going to reduce the number of forums. Anybody who's looked around in what used to be the General Auto forum could see that CR-Z threads dominated it, so now they have a separate place. I don't dictate the content of the threads, the users do.

As for the Lounge being on top, ask again in a few weeks. I bet you'll be used to it by then.

#15 ·
Changes don't bother me. The only thing that I would say is move the General forum section to the top. Everything else can stay the same.

Most people look in the lounge first anyway.

#19 ·
jfrolang said:
Everybody hates change. More than one of you is saying you're ok with a Del Sol section, but not Insight/CR-Z. Well they're all in the same forum, so changing the name of it isn't going to reduce the number of forums. Anybody who's looked around in what used to be the General Auto forum could see that CR-Z threads dominated it, so now they have a separate place. I don't dictate the content of the threads, the users do.

As for the Lounge being on top, ask again in a few weeks. I bet you'll be used to it by then.
No I would accept a delsol before a CRZ on this site. I think they should all be lumped in the general auto forum. There is no need for special cars to have thier own forum on a site dedicated to CRXs. Everbody hates change? So do not change it. Just because people could not properly use the general auto forum and mods couod not keep up (even though I always reported the offtopic posts) does not mean you should go and change what we liked. All of us are more a part of this site than you are. Simple thing is you want to talk corvettes you go to a corvette forum you want to talk crz there are sites for that.

#20 ·
daveb91 said:
There is no need for special cars to have their own forum on a site dedicated to CRXs. Everybody hates change? So do not change it. Just because people could not properly use the general auto forum and mods could not keep up (even though I always reported the offtopic posts) does not mean you should go and change what we liked. All of us are more a part of this site than you are. Simple thing is you want to talk corvettes you go to a corvette forum you want to talk crz there are sites for that.
I actually agree with you on this except, I think the Mods kept up well for the most part moving the CRZ posts to GA, but nobody's perfect.

The thing that really irritates me, something like this was just implemented and not even discussed before just doing it.Seems a bit trigger happy.

If we're going to add the CRZ and Insight because they share the same number of seats, are hatchbacks, and one shares a similar name, we then should add the S2k because it has 2 seats, the Fit because it's a hatchback and the CRV because of the similar name.
A little far fetched, but you get my point, that being a definitive line needs to be drawn instead of rolling over and conforming. :idea:

#23 ·
daveb91 said:
Simple thing is you want to talk corvettes you go to a corvette forum you want to talk crz there are sites for that.
What about the CRX guys that want to talk CR-Z? I think there's a legitimate space for that, because of the obvious parallels.

Baker said:
a definitive line needs to be drawn instead of rolling over and conforming.
There is a line drawn, there are no other cars in Honda's history similar to a CRX except those three.

There was talk of a poll, anybody has the authority to create one.

#25 ·
jfrolang said:
There was talk of a poll, anybody has the authority to create one.
I feel it was a bad judgment call on your part to just implement it without any feedback.
As site Admin, if you were thinking of making these changes, significant as they are, I think a poll would have been appropriate. At the very least to see how the rest of the community felt BEFORE you just went ahead with it.

jfrolang said:
There is a line drawn, there are no other cars in Honda's history similar to a CRX except those three.
..and of the three, at least one was actually badged as such.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.