(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Posting Parts Prices

Voice your opinion about the site. Make new suggestions. Vote on changes. An open forum to discuss anything related to the CRX Community site.

Moderator: Moderators

Posting Parts Prices

Postby mmmmark » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:11 am

Classified Rule 5: "Items offered for sale or trade must have prices posted. Items offered for trade only do not require prices."
Question: Should members responding to an ad also be required to state a price for parts offered? Example: I post a WantToBuy Part. He says: Make me an offer. I offer the dealer cost for a part, plus shipping. He responds rudely, yet he still won't state his price. I double my offer, no reply.
Another example: I offer to pay the advertised price of 4 times the dealer cost. He won't respond, but the ad stays up. Is it possible one person has several accounts at CRXcommunity?
One more example: I post a Part For Trade Only. A well known member offers to buy the part outright, and requests a price. I quote a price double what I paid 5 years ago. This high roller, who claims to have sold parts for 9 times dealer cost, wants me to reduce my "asking price". All this intrigue is hidden from members view by PM. What are your ideas?
mmmmark

Re: Posting Parts Prices

Postby mugendreamsickle » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:54 am

when they say make an offer, you make an "offer" of what you want to pay. you don't have to be generous. then, when he replies he should either accept the offer or adjust the price to where he's comfortable selling it. 98% of members here are great, but the other can be mean. it's uncalled for. when it comes to negotiating a price there shouldn't be any drama. some people are just drama queens. :rolleyes1:
93 ford taurus sho 3.2- k&n panel filter, dual sound system, pioneer head unit.
91 honda crx hf(project)- B16a, getting a makeover
89 honda prelude si(dd)- i/h/e, kenwood system, mugen lip and ebay coils. :rolleyes1:
visit my business site-> https://jonracerexjones.myitworks.com/Home
mugendreamsickle

Postby ollie » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:00 pm

Mark... simple rule really...we stated that rule so buyers did not have to waste time asking " How much?"..
Basically as a seller You have an idea of what you want....we believe in asking what you want and if the potential buyer doesn't like the price they will counter offer..

On to your question:
mmmmark wrote:Question: Should members responding to an ad also be required to state a price for parts offered?
...I'm going to say no. Although it may be prudent to state a "ballpark" price so the potential person answering your WTB ad has an idea of your purchase price..hope that helps answer your question.
...Thrashy. said...."Robb, if my car ever breaks down, I'll never have to worry because I can just shout "CRX FLOORMATS!" and within an hour you'll be right there to tell me about yours. 8)" ahhhhhahahahahahah

1989 EF9 project "Backburner" in restoration. :)
ollie
Site Admin

Postby mmmmark » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:05 pm

A member who posts a FT ad IS a buyer! Why should a FT or WTB buyer have to "waste time" asking for a price? (If this is the stated purpose of Rule 5.)
A member who posts a WTB ad is also a buyer. Does Rule 5 also apply to WTB ads?
A more likely reason for a seller not stating a price, is hoping the buyer doesn't know the true value and will offer a price higher than seller's "idea of what he wanted". This could be a way avoiding Rule 6: ("OBO") may not be used to sell an item at a price higher than originally asked for.
mmmmark

Postby Baker » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:50 pm

mmmmark wrote:Question: Should members responding to an ad also be required to state a price for parts offered? Example: I post a WantToBuy Part. He says: Make me an offer. I offer the dealer cost for a part, plus shipping. He responds rudely, yet he still won't state his price. I double my offer, no reply.

Move onto another seller. If he can't put a price out there for what they're looking for, IMO, it's not worth the hassle of playing these back and forth BS games.

mmmmark wrote:One more example: I post a Part For Trade Only. A well known member offers to buy the part outright, and requests a price. I quote a price double what I paid 5 years ago. This high roller, who claims to have sold parts for 9 times dealer cost, wants me to reduce my "asking price".

Not a big deal, pass on this "outright buyer" or make a counter offer if you want to sell it outright.
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby daveb91 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:09 pm

Suggestion and site issues forum? Not a lounge thread.
daveb91

Postby ollie » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:38 pm

daveb91 wrote:Suggestion and site issues forum? Not a lounge thread.

done..
...Thrashy. said...."Robb, if my car ever breaks down, I'll never have to worry because I can just shout "CRX FLOORMATS!" and within an hour you'll be right there to tell me about yours. 8)" ahhhhhahahahahahah

1989 EF9 project "Backburner" in restoration. :)
ollie
Site Admin

Postby Stucat » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:47 am

Seems pretty obvious to me anyone responding to a WTB ad is a seller and should post a price .

I agree , the only reason to not do it is in the hope of mpre being offered through ignorance or desperation .
Stucat

Return to crxcommunity.com Site Suggestions & Issues