(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Reporting a post in Free Parts Bin

Voice your opinion about the site. Make new suggestions. Vote on changes. An open forum to discuss anything related to the CRX Community site.

Moderator: Moderators

Reporting a post in Free Parts Bin

Postby Cloud Eleven » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:36 am

I just noticed one cannot report a post in the Free Parts Bin.. There have been alot of garbage post lately in the community due to spam or what not..

Just bringing it up if its been overlooked since that part of the forum doesn't get too much traffic..
BE KIND FOR EVERYONE YOU MEET IS FIGHTING A BATTLE YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT #InMemoryofMaxGarcia

jpciii wrote:he LOL'd, it's all good.
Cloud Eleven

Re: Reporting a post in Free Parts Bin

Postby Mista Bone » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:35 am

I've been flagging a bunch of them lately. If it keeps ups I will not visit here on a regular basis.
BoneSpec Transmission
"D" Tranny guru
Mista Bone

Postby daveb91 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:28 am

Just reported one also bone, I'm getting a couple a day...I just don't see why Fisher can't do something about it. I really don't understand why we have three admins when two of them really can't do any admin duties the are more of a supermod. One good thing is usually when I report it it's deleted quickly. Just sucks to be more active than the mods/admins on this site and find the spam.
daveb91

Postby daveb91 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:10 am

I reported the ones in the free parts bin.
daveb91

Postby Cloud Eleven » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:12 am

Seems like its a bit more than the usual..
BE KIND FOR EVERYONE YOU MEET IS FIGHTING A BATTLE YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT #InMemoryofMaxGarcia

Cloud Eleven

Postby Cloud Eleven » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:31 am

I still don't see the icon in the window when im in the free parts bin..

Cloud Eleven

Postby jfrolang » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:09 am

Cloud Eleven wrote:I just noticed one cannot report a post in the Free Parts Bin...
Cloud Eleven wrote:I still don't see the icon in the window when im in the free parts bin..

I'm not sure where the problem is here. The permissions for users as well as the forum allow for reporting posts.

Mista Bone wrote:I've been flagging a bunch of them lately. If it keeps up I will not visit here on a regular basis.
daveb91 wrote:Just reported one also bone, I'm getting a couple a day...I just don't see why Fisher can't do something about it. I really don't understand why we have three admins when two of them really can't do any admin duties they are more of a supermod.

I'm doing the best I can with what I have. I'm sorry.
jfrolang
Site Admin

Postby Cloud Eleven » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:32 am

jfrolang wrote:
Cloud Eleven wrote:I just noticed one cannot report a post in the Free Parts Bin...
Cloud Eleven wrote:I still don't see the icon in the window when im in the free parts bin..

I'm not sure where the problem is here. The permissions for users as well as the forum allow for reporting posts.

I'm doing the best I can with what I have. I'm sorry.

Seeing is believing i guess... I'm not sure where the problem lies either..

The [ ! ] and [ quote ] boxes are missing when I am in the free parts bin.. They are visible everywhere else on the community except there.. I checked all the current post and it was the same result.. I'm just saying, well seeing actually..

I'm sure you and they others are doing your best to clean this up and I personally appreciate how this site is maintained compared to other forums..

Only problem I have had with the admins*edit* /mods is deleting my original FS thread and no admitting it.. I'm over it now, but its just the point.. this was that thread..

Cloud Eleven

Postby daveb91 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:32 pm

I use the csred template
daveb91

Postby jfrolang » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:58 pm

I have established already that it's a template issue. I looked there first because I knew you use cs_red, and your permissions are the same as Cloud Eleven's. When testing registered_users permissions on each template the only one that's an issue is the Glacier board style. So the issue is tracking down the difference in the template code, but I don't know where it is yet. Unlike the problem when polls wouldn't work on cs_red, this problem isn't board wide. I'm thinking that there is some IF statement override that's based on that forum's permissions, causing the report button IF line to not be evaluated. I am of course at work so I can't focus on this all day.
jfrolang
Site Admin

Postby C.R.Xander » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:12 pm

I also do not have the "report post" icon in Free Parts Bin, and I'm using Glacier.

Also, I report several Spam posts per week, if not daily. If I'm reporting so many and others are doing similar,... the conclusion I come to is there are a LOT of SPAM posts here. For me it's no big deal, I have nothing better to do (I need a life, or a garage to work on the CRX)
C.R.Xander

Postby daveb91 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:31 am

It's not a big deal either I use hate hitting new posts and have to weed through 8 beats by dre threads.
daveb91

Postby C.R.Xander » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:52 pm

Just found a SPAM post in BUSINESS LISTINGS. There is no Report Post button. I tried all 3 board styles.

Last post page 2....

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=23882&start=25
C.R.Xander

Postby daveb91 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:20 am

Yeah don't have it either...I reported the user.
daveb91

Postby Baker » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:01 pm

This never got fixed.
I thought with the new "leaders" at the helm, things like this would be dealt with, fixed and improved.
Baker
Mr. Search

Return to crxcommunity.com Site Suggestions & Issues