(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Crx of the month

Voice your opinion about the site. Make new suggestions. Vote on changes. An open forum to discuss anything related to the CRX Community site.

Moderator: Moderators

Crx of the month

Postby Crxhenson » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:39 pm

What ever happened to the featured crx of the month post. It stopped in May of 2011. Any reason we aren't doing it anymore? I was just curious.
Crxhenson

Re: Crx of the month

Postby ohisofly » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:53 pm

Reason we don't have the feature is due to the lack of people willing to do the features; the feature team kind of just fell apart. I tried putting a feature together a long time ago for Nar and got a lot of information but it's a lot more work than people realize. In my situation school just got in the way :( but if anyone is interested in trying to put together a feature talk to tonyguns he's the one in charge of it all
1991 Crx Si - My build thread

"I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I feel it not. I believe in God even when He is silent." -Written on a wall in a concentration camp
ohisofly

Postby As I Conspire » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:32 pm

As far as i know we have 1 person left in the feature crx team. tony guns? i emailed him roughly a year ago about me helping him it, hey fly how bout we get together and talk to an admin bout restarting it?

also as far as i know tony isnt on to much anymore, but pm me if you wanna talk about it more, tony said he was interested in my help so :shrug: lets see if we can get feature crx back up and running!!
As I Conspire
AIC Designs

Postby daveb91 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:44 pm

Sometimes you have to read the entire site.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=52959
daveb91

Postby As I Conspire » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:55 pm

i was just answering to this thread. and no i dont read EVERYTHING on this site, didnt know i was obliged to

but anyways i too know that tony guns hasent been on lately, and has been busy, so i again offer to help with the feature crx
As I Conspire
AIC Designs

Postby asianflava » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:59 pm

If anyone takes it over, maybe they should change it to "CRX of the Quarter". Or something that doesn't occur as frequently as monthly.
91 CRX Si (hers)
89 Civic Si (his)
01 Toyota Highlander (hers)
07 Toyota Tundra (his)
asianflava

Postby As I Conspire » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:03 pm

i just sent a pm to tony about helping him with the articles
and yes at least start less frequent would absolutely lighten the load
As I Conspire
AIC Designs

Postby Crxhenson » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:23 pm

I'm also happy to lend a hand any way that I can to get it going again. I think quarterly is reasonable, maybe make it a seasonal theme. Summer crx 2013...etc that could be cool.
Crxhenson

Postby As I Conspire » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:25 pm

yeah that would be cool. winter summer spring and fall crx features.
As I Conspire
AIC Designs

Postby daveb91 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:48 pm

As I Conspire wrote:i was just answering to this thread. and no i dont read EVERYTHING on this site, didnt know i was obliged to

but anyways i too know that tony guns hasent been on lately, and has been busy, so i again offer to help with the feature crx

I was answering the OP question as to why it is not being done anymore...not your post. This issues has been hashed out more times than there are featured crxes.
daveb91

Postby C.R.Xander » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:39 pm

Just thinking out loud here...

Is it possible to make up a form that can be filled out by any member, to be submitted for consideration for a feature? Include all details on car (year, engine, upgrades, etc) story behind build, any special features, custom work, race results... that kind of thing. Give a few 'rules' for photos to accompany submission. Like... front, side, rear, 3/4 view,.. interior, engine bay,... close ups of any custom work. Specify size, format etc. This would give the organizer a good head start on info and whether the car meets requirements. Then if needed follow up for more info.

I think this would cut down on the work required to get an article together.
C.R.Xander

Postby daveb91 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:07 pm

C.R.Xander wrote:Just thinking out loud here...

Is it possible to make up a form that can be filled out by any member, to be submitted for consideration for a feature? Include all details on car (year, engine, upgrades, etc) story behind build, any special features, custom work, race results... that kind of thing. Give a few 'rules' for photos to accompany submission. Like... front, side, rear, 3/4 view,.. interior, engine bay,... close ups of any custom work. Specify size, format etc. This would give the organizer a good head start on info and whether the car meets requirements. Then if needed follow up for more info.

I think this would cut down on the work required to get an article together.

There was a form/template.
daveb91

Postby ohisofly » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:57 pm

As I Conspire wrote:As far as i know we have 1 person left in the feature crx team. tony guns? i emailed him roughly a year ago about me helping him it, hey fly how bout we get together and talk to an admin bout restarting it?

also as far as i know tony isnt on to much anymore, but pm me if you wanna talk about it more, tony said he was interested in my help so :shrug: lets see if we can get feature crx back up and running!!

Send me a pm and I can give you some more info and we can chat, I still have access to the feature forum. Actually the last post in the feature forum was from me back in February :lol: We're going to need a good amount of people that can be dedicated to the features if it's ever going to make a comeback. If you can code html that's a big plus, but the main thing is that we need people that are willing to put in the time and not give up on it

"I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I feel it not. I believe in God even when He is silent." -Written on a wall in a concentration camp
ohisofly

Postby Meech » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:54 pm

ohisofly wrote:
As I Conspire wrote:As far as i know we have 1 person left in the feature crx team. tony guns? i emailed him roughly a year ago about me helping him it, hey fly how bout we get together and talk to an admin bout restarting it?

Send me a pm and I can give you some more info and we can chat, I still have access to the feature forum. Actually the last post in the feature forum was from me back in February :lol: We're going to need a good amount of people that can be dedicated to the features if it's ever going to make a comeback. If you can code html that's a big plus, but the main thing is that we need people that are willing to put in the time and not give up on it

I still have access also. :lol: Work is unpredictable though, but, seasonal features would work out perfectly
ebob wrote:Wish I aged as well the HF. I think I know why I lost 5mpg, my car's carrying and additional 150 pounds.

'88 Dx - '93 MPV V6 2wd - Feedback
Meech

Postby As I Conspire » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:59 pm

how is it you all have access but dont have the feature crx title and color?
As I Conspire
AIC Designs

Postby daveb91 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:31 pm

Isn't Tony the only member who can post the threads?
daveb91

Postby As I Conspire » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:32 pm

him and the admins. but it can be made up by another member then turned into him
As I Conspire
AIC Designs

Postby ohisofly » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:41 pm

As I Conspire wrote:how is it you all have access but dont have the feature crx title and color?

Because he didn't want people to simply join just so you could get the special title and color, you have to earn it via actually doing a feature. As you can see nobody actually followed through with that step though :lol:

ohisofly

Postby Meech » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:44 pm

Hey, I turned in a feature but it was never posted and my second assignment never replied...
ebob wrote:Wish I aged as well the HF. I think I know why I lost 5mpg, my car's carrying and additional 150 pounds.

Meech

Postby Crxhenson » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:10 pm

Now that the site is under new ownership. They should have the man power to run this..... just a thought. .
Crxhenson

Postby Meech » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:49 pm

They don't have the man power to keep the servers running reliably... :rolleyes1:

Meech

Return to crxcommunity.com Site Suggestions & Issues