(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Redirecting to home page after logging in

Voice your opinion about the site. Make new suggestions. Vote on changes. An open forum to discuss anything related to the CRX Community site.

Moderator: Moderators

Redirecting to home page after logging in

Postby ohisofly » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:09 pm

I've been aware of this for years, just wondering if it's possible to fix. Sometimes when I go to crxcommunity I'm not logged in and don't really think anything of it, but then whenever I click on the parts for sale subforum it makes me log in. After logging in it redirects the user to the home page, so then you have to click again on the parts for sale subforum just to get back where you were. It obviously isn't a huge deal, just a thought
1991 Crx Si - My build thread

"I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I feel it not. I believe in God even when He is silent." -Written on a wall in a concentration camp
ohisofly

Re: Redirecting to home page after logging in

Postby As I Conspire » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:54 pm

i understand it takes me to board index. maybe we can have it send us straight to the board index instead of telling us its going to.
As I Conspire
AIC Designs

Postby ohisofly » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:18 pm

yea that gets kind of annoying too

"I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I feel it not. I believe in God even when He is silent." -Written on a wall in a concentration camp
ohisofly

Postby Meech » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:36 pm

As I Conspire wrote:i understand it takes me to board index. maybe we can have it send us straight to the board index instead of telling us its going to.

This made me laugh. :lol:

But yeah, it would be be a good idea to streamline it. Maybe it would also use less bandwidth? Ehh, with the shirts being made we'll have enough bandwidth for chat and 5+ million members. B)
ebob wrote:Wish I aged as well the HF. I think I know why I lost 5mpg, my car's carrying and additional 150 pounds.

'88 Dx - '93 MPV V6 2wd - Feedback
Meech

Postby ohisofly » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:48 pm

Since the site is under new management, can this please be fixed?

ohisofly

Postby AG_admin » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:17 pm

Hello,

I have sent this to the tech department so that they can take a look at the login redirecting issue and see if anything can be done about it.

Have a great day!

~KM, community support
AG_admin

Postby AG_admin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:39 pm

ohisofly wrote:I've been aware of this for years, just wondering if it's possible to fix. Sometimes when I go to crxcommunity I'm not logged in and don't really think anything of it, but then whenever I click on the parts for sale subforum it makes me log in. After logging in it redirects the user to the home page, so then you have to click again on the parts for sale subforum just to get back where you were. It obviously isn't a huge deal, just a thought

Unfortunately, this appears to be a limitation of the forum board software, as discussed here: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... 5#p5021685

There are hacks to change the message or point you to another section of the board, but not the particular one you would looking to enter after logging in.

~ AS
AG_admin

Postby Baker » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:47 pm

AG_admin wrote:Unfortunately, this appears to be a limitation of the forum board software

Not that I think we need to change, but I remember there being talk years ago about updating/upgrading/changing to newer software, any plans in the works for that?
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby Dr_Drache » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:11 pm

knowing the security holes in this one, I could rather simply dump the database at any time.
Dr_Drache

Postby As I Conspire » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:49 pm

It would be nice if we had a full overhaul on the site, more options for writing the html maybe, it would be kinda neet to have a more thorough feedback system, not a rep counter like honda tech but when someone writes up a feedback review have the choice to say good or bad. Then on the top post for the thread have the statistic, we would easily be able to click on someones name and determine if its a good idea to work with them or not.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk
As I Conspire
AIC Designs

Postby ohisofly » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:34 pm

AG_admin wrote:
ohisofly wrote:I've been aware of this for years, just wondering if it's possible to fix. Sometimes when I go to crxcommunity I'm not logged in and don't really think anything of it, but then whenever I click on the parts for sale subforum it makes me log in. After logging in it redirects the user to the home page, so then you have to click again on the parts for sale subforum just to get back where you were. It obviously isn't a huge deal, just a thought

Unfortunately, this appears to be a limitation of the forum board software, as discussed here: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... 5#p5021685

There are hacks to change the message or point you to another section of the board, but not the particular one you would looking to enter after logging in.

~ AS

I understand, thanks for looking into it at least

ohisofly

Return to crxcommunity.com Site Suggestions & Issues