(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

[POLL CLOSED] New Classified Rules

This is where we will post new issues to vote on for the community.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you want to use the new Classified Rules in place of the old?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Yes
88%
No
13%

Total votes : 24

[POLL CLOSED] New Classified Rules

Postby jfrolang » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:52 pm

In light of recent changes and some conversation, I've come up with some new rules for the classifieds. This is a complete list and will replace the Current CRX Community Classified Rules List in its entirety.

1. All topic titles must be a brief description of the items contained in the post. General or vague titles such as "FS: Lots of parts" or "FS: Garage sale" are not permitted. (It is already implied by the forum name that there will be parts for sale in the Parts For Sale forum.) However, a summary of the parts contained within such as "FS: D16A6 engine parts" or "FS: 1st Gen suspension parts" will be acceptable.

2. Anyone wishing to sell items in the classifieds must either state the location of the items in their post, or have their location filled out in their user profile.

3. The classifieds are for CRX parts and vehicles only. The only exceptions to this rule are for parts from other models that are compatible with the CRX chassis. (i.e, installing Ex knuckles on a CRX).

4. You may not advertise the auction or the classified listings of your items from other seller's sites, including eBay. This prohibition does not include identical sales threads posted at boards similar to CRX Community. You may post links to personal, non-auction listings for convenience. It is encouraged that sellers link large quantities of pictures off-site rather than post them inline in a thread, and to state that the items are being offered elsewhere.

5. Items offered for sale or trade must have prices posted. Items offered for trade only do not require prices. "Interest check" and "price check" threads will not be tolerated for common items for which prices may be easily obtained.

6. "Or Best Offer" options ("OBO") may not be used to sell an item at a price higher than originally asked for. For example, $50 "OBO" means that you may accept less than $50, but you will sell the item to the first person to offer $50. Lower offers may be refused at the discretion of the seller.

7. Sellers should make every effort to avoid excessive thread posting. There is no need to post two or three threads per week as additional things appear that you wish to sell. Plan your sales, and show your fellow traders respect by not crowding their threads off the front page. Moderators reserve the right to require consolidation of threads or other action when appropriate.

8. Bumping of topics is limited to once every 7 days of inactivity, and don't disrupt or interrupt someone else's ad (aka "hijacking"). If you are not genuinely interested in the item listed, do not post. Serious inquiries only. Bumps from members at large are not permitted. For example "wish I had the cash, GLWS" is not allowed.

9. In the absence of other agreements between seller and buyer, sellers are expected to provide reasonable tracking and insurance coverage of shipments appropriate for the value of the sale. It is the responsibility of the seller to undertake all investigations of lost shipments and the replacement of value lost by the buyer in such cases. Insuring any shipment with a value over $20 is strongly recommended.

10. Classifieds are for personal ads only. No business sales or continuous profit sales, we have a separate forum for approved vendors, contact crxfisher to be approved. No sales on behalf of a 3rd party. (i.e, No selling on behalf of your friend's cousin. We want sellers and buyers to be interacting directly with each other.)
jfrolang
Site Admin

Re: New Classified Rules

Postby Faxcion » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:12 am

YES FTW!
NO COP NO STOP!
Faxcion

Postby beto323 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:39 am

Yes! Got my vote
1988 CRX Si.
2002 S2000.
1968 Camaro.

imgoingforit wrote:I'd rather be stroked than bored. Just sayin'... :mrgreen:
crxgator wrote:she's locked in my basement; sorry guys.
beto323

Postby nylumiro24 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:40 am

:-)b
nylumiro24
El Chapulín

Postby downest » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:01 am

Holy shizzle nay, this must be the most agreed on thing we've ever had!
Tom Downes
'91 CRX Si B18C5 #591 hill climber
'88 3.4Runner daily driver/trail rig
Wicked Performance Group
downest
Wicked Tom

Postby Baker » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:28 am

jfrolang wrote:4. You may not advertise the auction or the classified listings of your items from other seller's sites, including eBay. This prohibition does not include identical sales threads posted at boards similar to CRX Community. You may post links to personal, non-auction listings for convenience. It is encouraged that sellers link large quantities of pictures off-site rather than post them inline in a thread, and to state that the items are being offered elsewhere.

This is the only thing I disagree with.
Most of the time, I just want to get rid of things quickly and don't want to post items for sale, have them sit on here and have to wait for responses. I'll post my auctions up for folks on here just in case anyone is interested and to move items more quickly.

Other than that, I'm good, I voted Yes.
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby jfrolang » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:09 pm

The idea there is that I don't want people just posting a link to an ebay auction and calling it a post. If you have stuff for sale that isn't moving and it goes to ebay, nobody is going to delete your link.
jfrolang
Site Admin

Postby Baker » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:22 pm

jfrolang wrote:The idea there is that I don't want people just posting a link to an ebay auction and calling it a post.

By all means I agree, I was just pointing out one small concern I had, no big deal and thanks for clarifying a bit.

The biggest improvements I see are the location requirements and the price requirements.
Sellers need to step up and stop being flat out lazy.
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby inthewoods » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:48 pm

jfrolang wrote:10. Classifieds are for personal ads only. No business sales or continuous profit sales, we have a separate forum for approved vendors, contact crxfisher to be approved.

So I like to slum around the you-pull-it and grab parts that I know I can resell at a profit... would I need to become a "vendor"??
inthewoods

Postby justinw » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:48 pm

Sounds pretty simple to me. :-)b
Silver 87 CRX hf - vandalized
Flint black 91 CRX Si - wrecked/sold
Flint black 90 CRX Si - sold
2012 VW GTI - sold
2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i
justinw

Postby jfrolang » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:02 am

inthewoods wrote:
jfrolang wrote:10. Classifieds are for personal ads only. No business sales or continuous profit sales, we have a separate forum for approved vendors, contact crxfisher to be approved.

So I like to slum around the you-pull-it and grab parts that I know I can resell at a profit... would I need to become a "vendor"??

That's not a new rule. You aren't running a business or making your own parts, so I see no problem.
jfrolang
Site Admin

Postby Ragnaarok » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:33 am

Classified ads in newspapers and other print ads usually do not require prices, I don't think these should either. I agree as far as "common" items, but who decides what's common, uncommon, rare, etc?

My question would be the common situation of someone parting a car, they must list all parts with prices??
How would those threads work?

I definitely like rule #9 ! :) :)
HurfDurf
"Quality, speed, price - choose any two."
One CRX in the bank is worth two in the bush.
Ragnaarok

Postby Baker » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:14 am

Ragnaarok wrote:Classified ads in newspapers and other print ads usually do not require prices

Most of the local "Swap sheets" we have around here do.
Though some may not technically require, most have the common sense as a seller to post a price.
Not posting a price is just a bunch of game playing.
If they wanna have a bidding war, they can use eBay.
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby jtkc » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:45 am

Got my YES vote FTW
OBSIDIAN - 88 Si-gone
91 HB civic dx-D15b2-daily driver
jtkc

Postby Trinity » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:21 pm

So these rules go into effect tonight?
Trinity