(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

crx car for sale

Anything goes, as long as it follows the Community Rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: crx car for sale

Postby Baker » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:23 am

kracksmith wrote:however if he register it under historian car and then get it appraised on paper, then it could possibly be 4-5k

Registering it as 'historical' usually benefits no one, except the state.
In NY, you're limited on driving it, both from an insurance standpoint and from a DMV standpoint, it can't be a daily driver. It costs more to register it, and you have to register it every year.
Appraisal seems wasteful at this juncture.
The car does not have enough mainstream appeal to justify it.
Sure there are cars that sell for an insane amount, but it's not a consistent enough movement.
The Crx will always be a limited market, niche car.
I don't feel you'll see it reach astronomical numbers like you do the late 60's-early 70's muscle cars.

Sure you see insane amount of money being asked for NOS parts, or "pristine" cars, but;
1. Are they really selling?
2. If they are, it's few and far between.
The people that have the disposable income of $15k +/- to spend on a 25 yr old econobox is small.
Especially when you look at the typical Honda crowd where these "kids" spend more money on wheels/suspension when they can't afford rent, therefore usually still living with Mom or Dad or are selling off parts to make rent/child support. :doh:
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby jzxcrx » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:19 pm

Maybe this should be for a new topic but it seems the CRX started really falling apart at a certain age, like about 8 years ago.

Up here in Washington there's a lot of them for sale in 'need repair' condition, for cheap money.

I used to love the 78 - 81 Civics, the first great Hondas in the U S. I think they were better built than the CRX.
jzxcrx

Postby kracksmith » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:42 pm

well here in california, having a historic license plate allows me to drive it to car shows or car meets plus dmv and chp inspections, and insurance places. but driving it to car shows and meets is good enough for me. no smog.
kracksmith

Previous

Return to The Lounge