(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

So...how much would you pay?

Anything goes, as long as it follows the Community Rules.

Moderator: Moderators

How much should I pay?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:04 pm

The price is right on!
7%
Go lower...less than $2,500
43%
Go lower...less than $2,000
50%

Total votes : 14

So...how much would you pay?

Postby ZachSettle » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:04 pm

Hey everyone. My name is Zach, I'm dieing to buy a CRX and I've found a few around central Florida, and this is the best one...the guy wants $2800 for it...but how much would you pay? Pictures below...

'89 HF w/ SI Drivetrain
80,XXX miles
No sun roof
No A/C
No power steering
Comes with a head unit/amp/1 Farad Cap
Distributor/Main Relay are working well
Some bad body spots on the driver's side...couldn't see any rust

So how much would you pay for it? I was looking for power steering, a sun roof, and A/C. I'll settle if you guys think this is a good deal or I should ask lower on the price.
ZachSettle

Postby cleanpigpen » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:10 pm

that is an innappropriate shift knob
User Feedback
I talk to my... car. Sometimes nice, sometimes harsh, depends what department the car needs motivation in.
Kenton
cleanpigpen

Re: So...how much would you pay?

Postby haluska » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:20 pm

ZachSettle wrote:I was looking for power steering, a sun roof, and A/C.

If you want power steering...unless you modify the car to have power steering, you're not going to find it.

If you want Sun Roof, you want a DX (some had them) or an SI (all had them).
haluska

Postby rexy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:26 pm

looks like its has been resprayed, so it could be hiding some bad body issues.like the one behind the rear drivers side wheel, and the seat are a little concern(can't tell with the covers).. but in FLA, you can get these all day.. My uncle sends me listings from Orlando to Tampa all the time and some of them I'd love to be able to get and hord them... really its not bad, I'd try to get well below the 2500.00 mark if you can..my .02... good luck!!
rexy

Postby stevethecat » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:30 pm

Am i the only one thinking that is the most awesome seat cover ever.
stevethecat

Postby haluska » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:31 pm

stevethecat wrote:Am i the only one thinking that is the most awesome seat cover ever.

Yes.

:wink:
haluska

Postby rexy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:06 pm

must be...
rexy

Postby downest » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:11 pm

Where in central Florida are you located?
Tom Downes
'91 CRX Si B18C5 turbo race car project
'87 CRX Si Stock and slow flower pot
'88 4Runner daily driver
Wicked Innovation
downest
Wicked Tom

Postby P081002 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:01 pm

What the F are those seats. It looks like he ripped of something from a message chair and hoped it looked good on there. Price for it seems almost worth the rest of the car though. I like the wheels too, their like blades.
91 Champion White Si Sold in Vegas
88 Light Blue DX - Sold in Seattle
90 Black Si Totalled =(
91 Rio Red Si - Build Thread TBD
P081002

Postby Laure » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:50 pm

No A/C in Florida?... not good. See how much it'll cost to put in A/C and deduct from your offer! :D Or maybe see if you can just buy the wheels; they look great.
Laure

Postby spastik » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:59 pm

id say 1500 TOPS

not much more than that... at least for me
- Suki - 88 CRX w/ B16. you are a newb. i pwn you.
:: Suki Build Thread :: My Feedback :: My Music (Liquid Drum & Bass) :: Twitter ::
spastik
Get your low on.

Postby noypistah » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:21 am

driver seat looks like my computer chair.. looks really comfy tho... o_0
"The only job where you start at the top, is digging a hole." -anonymous
noypistah

Postby Baker » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:53 pm

I think the seller is about $1k off...I think this fits in the $2k or less category.
Baker
OEM+

Postby ZachSettle » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:59 pm

@haluska What dou mean? No CRXs came with power steering? Or have most people removed it for the sake of weight/racing?

@rexy Yeah, I thought it looked repainted myself. Luckily it was probably black from the factor, since the engine bay/door jams were the same color...or someone went the extra mile on a paint job. Actually there are quite a few CRXs in Tampa that are worth taking a look at, but I would hate to make the drive and return empty handed.

@stevethecat No, that is probably the worst seat cover ever. :D

@downest & For anyone interested, I'm in the Navy and I'm stationed in Jacksonville, but am originally from Sanford, FL. (Which is a few minutes north of Orlando). I commute home on the weekends to Orlando to see family and friends. Anyone have a CRX for sale? I've got $3,000 cash.

@Laure He said that the only thing the A/C needed was the condensor, which I've installed before on a prelude, so wouldn't be hard for me to fix. The wheels are from Enkei and are limited edition. I believe the were featured in most of the Need for Speed video games.

@ Everyone who posted Thank you all for the quick response and helpful opinions...I thought I wouldn't hear from the forum, at least for a few days! This makes me even more excited about buying a CRX. Again, thanks so much.
ZachSettle

Postby jfrolang » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:10 pm

No CRX had factory power steering on this continent. The car has definitely been repainted, and there are two fundamental concepts that point me in that direction. The first, is that black was not offered on HF models, and second, the dash is still blue. Honda only put blue interior in blue and white rexes, with the exception of a white Si.

Take a look in the driver's door jamb, at the sticker above the latch. That sticker has the code for the factory paint color, looks like it says B-47M (Superior Blue Metallic).
Custom turbo setup, ported B16 head + more goodies for sale - viewtopic.php?t=104409
jfrolang
Site Admin

Postby ZachSettle » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:17 pm

jfrolang wrote:No CRX had factory power steering on this continent. The car has definitely been repainted, and there are two fundamental concepts that point me in that direction. The first, is that black was not offered on HF models, and second, the dash is still blue. Honda only put blue interior in blue and white rexes, with the exception of a white Si.

Take a look in the driver's door jamb, at the sticker above the latch. That sticker has the code for the factory paint color, looks like it says B-47M (Superior Blue Metallic).

Yeah I would have to agree... it definitely says B-47M. That's awesome that you were able to pick that out. Well now that I know that CRX's didn't come with power steering on this continent, I can cross that off my discrepency list. Ah, and I definitely don't like the blue dash.
ZachSettle

Return to The Lounge