(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

crx car for sale

Anything goes, as long as it follows the Community Rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: crx car for sale

Postby Baker » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:23 am

kracksmith wrote:however if he register it under historian car and then get it appraised on paper, then it could possibly be 4-5k

Registering it as 'historical' usually benefits no one, except the state.
In NY, you're limited on driving it, both from an insurance standpoint and from a DMV standpoint, it can't be a daily driver. It costs more to register it, and you have to register it every year.
Appraisal seems wasteful at this juncture.
The car does not have enough mainstream appeal to justify it.
Sure there are cars that sell for an insane amount, but it's not a consistent enough movement.
The Crx will always be a limited market, niche car.
I don't feel you'll see it reach astronomical numbers like you do the late 60's-early 70's muscle cars.

Sure you see insane amount of money being asked for NOS parts, or "pristine" cars, but;
1. Are they really selling?
2. If they are, it's few and far between.
The people that have the disposable income of $15k +/- to spend on a 25 yr old econobox is small.
Especially when you look at the typical Honda crowd where these "kids" spend more money on wheels/suspension when they can't afford rent, therefore usually still living with Mom or Dad or are selling off parts to make rent/child support. :doh:
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby jzxcrx » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:19 pm

Maybe this should be for a new topic but it seems the CRX started really falling apart at a certain age, like about 8 years ago.

Up here in Washington there's a lot of them for sale in 'need repair' condition, for cheap money.

I used to love the 78 - 81 Civics, the first great Hondas in the U S. I think they were better built than the CRX.
jzxcrx

Postby kracksmith » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:42 pm

well here in california, having a historic license plate allows me to drive it to car shows or car meets plus dmv and chp inspections, and insurance places. but driving it to car shows and meets is good enough for me. no smog.
kracksmith

Postby gmt400 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:08 pm

kracksmith wrote:well here in california, having a historic license plate allows me to drive it to car shows or car meets plus dmv and chp inspections, and insurance places. but driving it to car shows and meets is good enough for me. no smog.

I thought everything post 1975 had to be smogged? I saw the historical plate on the DMV site, but didn't find more info about it. Got a link? Might be cause I'm on mobile.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
gmt400

Postby kracksmith » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:26 pm

darn sorry i read wrong somewhere. Historic registration only saves on years fees and still requires a smog test.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/conne ... OD=AJPERES

There is a serious push to move the year exempt to 80.

I'm wondering if a smog exempt can be possible if you insured your collector's car with the insurance and drive it under 2000 miles per year.
kracksmith

Postby Myriad » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:53 am

signalpuke wrote:That's not bad. I'd offer 4.5k cash and see what he says.

The problem with asking too high for these cars is that the car isn't worth that much to the bank, is you can't get a loan. Cash is king.
Not just banks, but also insurance companies. It's a big deal with the Porsche 911 community; they know their cars are worth more than 15k, but the insurance sees less than 5k. Minor accidents, like being rear-ended, will make them call the car totaled.
I got a new shell, just need to stop driving the DX so I can work on it.

I've got a filter for my mouth, it just isn't a good one.
Myriad

Postby Myriad » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:56 am

jzxcrx wrote:I used to love the 78 - 81 Civics, the first great Hondas in the U S. I think they were better built than the CRX.
Hey, man! Don't forget about the 2nd/3rd gen Accords! Those things are awesome. :offtopic:

Myriad

Postby Dexorcist » Wed May 03, 2017 2:42 pm

kracksmith wrote:there was a red one here SHOW super clean with a green valve cover. that one went for 13K here.

More than 13k :oops: :twisted:
Dexorcist

Postby kracksmith » Thu May 04, 2017 12:52 am

more than 13K? I thought that was his asking price. was one of the cleanest crx i have ever seen. he did it right, like from factory.
kracksmith

Postby Dexorcist » Fri May 05, 2017 8:00 am

yea I grabbed it for 15k, figured Id rather have that than anything else, this was around the time Ldo was selling his supercharged crx. I decided to grab Bens Crx.
Ldo

Ben
Currently Turbo
Dexorcist

Postby Gotin » Fri May 05, 2017 11:00 am

Dexorcist wrote:yea I grabbed it for 15k, figured Id rather have that than anything else, this was around the time Ldo was selling his supercharged crx. I decided to grab Bens Crx.
Ben
Currently Turbo

Where the hell are the updates?!? Also, you should put a link in your signature to the build. By far it was the greatest detailed in my opinion. I still kick myself in the butt for my fuel pump going out on the way to meet Ben for N17?
- B.J.F-
Gotin

Postby kracksmith » Mon May 08, 2017 7:55 pm

holy $hit you bought it. still i thought he was only asking 13K, how did it jump up another 2k? I think i would of bought that for 13 or 15K too. I'm still on a look out for something super clean.
kracksmith

crx car for sale

Postby Myriad » Wed May 10, 2017 12:31 pm

.... that's.... quite the price tag. Way higher than my sub-$1k cost.

Myriad

Previous

Return to The Lounge