(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

CRX aftermarket seats

Anything goes, as long as it follows the Community Rules.

Moderator: Moderators

CRX aftermarket seats

Postby Dren » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:20 am

I'm looking at picking up a seat for my weekend fun CRX Si that I have stripped. I am wanting something that is somewhat comfortable for an hour drive. I want something more geared towards racing than towards long drives in the country side. Any recommendations? I am also looking at 5 point harnesses. Any recommendations on those?

thanks

-nick
Dren

Postby grouch » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:37 am

Budget? Some seats will run you $100...others $1200.
bite me
grouch

Postby Dren » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:47 am

$500 for one seat is as high as I want to go. I would like to keep it closer to a few hundred though. The passenger is going to ride in a DX seat :D
Dren

Postby SETI20 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:48 am

I have a set of non-adjustable Sparco's with 2" sparco belts in my car. Just did 700 miles in one go in them. Not a problem at all. I did put a small cushion in my back for the long trip.
SETI20

Postby grouch » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:56 am

Check out the Corbeau Forza (or Forza II if you carry some extra heft) for a fixed back "racing" seat.
If you want to maintain reclining adjustment, look at the A4. These look/fit great in a crx.

Corbeau offers a good quality seat at a price that won't break the bank.

http://www.corbeau.com/prod_index/prod_index.shtml
bite me
grouch

Postby downest » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:59 am

How about 250 for 2 ;)

Matt is selling some unused seats... I've sat in them, they're pretty nice.
Tom Downes
'91 CRX Si B18C5 #591 hill climber
'88 3.4Runner daily driver/trail rig
Wicked Performance Group
downest
Wicked Tom

Postby Dren » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:35 am

downest wrote:How about 250 for 2 ;)
Matt is selling some unused seats... I've sat in them, they're pretty nice.

I have a set of quality Si seats but I'm going to throw those in the DX. I want something real sporty for the Si.
Dren

Postby Dren » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:50 am

grouch wrote:Check out the Corbeau Forza (or Forza II if you carry some extra heft) for a fixed back "racing" seat.
If you want to maintain reclining adjustment, look at the A4. These look/fit great in a crx.

Corbeau offers a good quality seat at a price that won't break the bank.

http://www.corbeau.com/prod_index/prod_index.shtml

do you have a set, have you sat in them before? i don't know if i should use my stock DX brackets with the seat or just buy the ones they offer. they are 89 bucks though for the mounting brackets...
Dren

Postby grouch » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:57 am

I've sat in several.
I'm somewhat of a seat fetishist. Too bad I have champagne taste and a kool-aid budget.

I'm on like my third set of stock SI seats. Talk about musical chairs. I've decided that I should just go ahead and get some new aftermarket seats.
I'm leaning toward the A4 wide myself.
bite me
grouch

Postby Dren » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:08 am

Those A4 seats probably don't hold you in as well as the forzas do you think? just more comfortable?
Dren

Postby downest » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:15 am

A guy I autocross with has Forzas in his EG Si hatch. They are pretty nice. I think he has the wider ones, and I'm a bit skinnier, so I move around a bit, but he's been happy with them.
Tom Downes
Wicked Performance Group
downest
Wicked Tom

Postby mattminerDOTcom » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:37 am

I have a brand new set of these for $250 with no rails.

If someone on here buys them Ill toss in an SFI approved red 5 point harness for free.

The seats are great for the $$$, full reclining. Dont know how I would hsip them anywhere, but imopen to suggestions.

-M@
just livin' here in the us, trying to live the tuner lifestyle. real deal here man, all overnighted from japan
mattminerDOTcom
Wicked M@

Postby downest » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:42 am

Speaking of which... someone wants me to ship the Si seats out to Chicago. Has anyone shipped seats before? I want to know what's the best way to package them and what's an estimate of what it will cost. I don't even have a scale here so I can't weigh them.
Tom Downes
Wicked Performance Group
downest
Wicked Tom

Postby grouch » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:58 am

Sounds like you'd prefer the Forzas...go try a set on. Click the find dealer link off their website and see if they have a showroom.

On shipping seats. I bought a set of Si seats while I was in Florida on business.
I diassembled them (seperated the back, bottom, seatrails and headrest) dropped each in a box and shipped them back to myself for about $60 through UPS, not including the cost of the boxes. Flew home and waited.
The boxes showed up, but one had a big hole gouged in the side/bottom. The seat was fine but the seat rails and bag with all the hardware fell out somewhere along the way.
Made an insurance claim...the cost of all that hardware new from the dealership exceeded the insurance value I claimed($150). So the seats were basically free. I had another seat rail so it all workedout.
bite me
grouch

Postby downest » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:02 am

grouch wrote:Sounds like you'd prefer the Forzas...go try a set on. Click the find dealer link off their website and see if they have a showroom.

On shipping seats. I bought a set of Si seats while I was in Florida on business.
I diassembled them (seperated the back, bottom, seatrails and headrest) dropped each in a box and shipped them back to myself for about $60 through UPS, not including the cost of the boxes. Flew home and waited.
The boxes showed up, but one had a big hole gouged in the side/bottom. The seat was fine but the seat rails and bag with all the hardware fell out somewhere along the way.
Made an insurance claim...the cost of all that hardware new from the dealership exceeded the insurance value I claimed($150). So the seats were basically free. I had another seat rail so it all workedout.

How much do they weigh? I'm not too worried about stuff getting broken in shipping, I usually overpack things so that doesn't happen. I was thinking about just taking the rails off so they wouldn't gouge the bottom of the box.
Tom Downes
Wicked Performance Group
downest
Wicked Tom

Postby Dren » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:02 am

mattminerDOTcom wrote:I have a brand new set of these for $250 with no rails.

If someone on here buys them Ill toss in an SFI approved red 5 point harness for free.

The seats are great for the $$$, full reclining. Dont know how I would hsip them anywhere, but imopen to suggestions.

-M@

Are those just like the Si seats as far as holding you in place? I'd take you up on it if they were more along the lines of a racing seat. If not, you willing to part ways with just the harness?
Dren

Postby SETI20 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:35 pm

MarkWilliamson wrote:Yeah, but you weigh like 155 soaking wet! :P
Well, I added some weight last few months but yeah, I'm skinny.

My seats are also my "chick measuring device". If you can't fit in em, there's no need for me to drive you to a date. :lol:
SETI20

Postby mattminerDOTcom » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:04 pm

the side bolsters are way more aggressive then the si seats, ill take a real world pic of them.

-M@
just livin' here in the us, trying to live the tuner lifestyle. real deal here man, all overnighted from japan
mattminerDOTcom
Wicked M@

Postby signalpuke » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:18 pm

I have been looking everywhere for some aftermarket seat rails for the USDM 91 HF and cannot find anything. Does anyone know if any aftermarket seats fit the factory rails? I wanted some sidemount seats, like the buddyclub or a set of sparcos, but I cant find any seat rails for them.

I have been told that the seat rails are different for the CRX's, and that it is dependent on the locations of the factory seat belts. Anyone confirm this?
signalpuke

Postby downest » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:47 pm

That's true. All 88 models, Canadian Models of all years, and 89 HFs have pillar mounted belts. Everything else (89-91 Dx/Si and 90-91 HF) have door mounted belts. The rails are visibly different... can't describe them well but if you post a pic I can tell you what it is. With aftermarket seats you will have to buy/fabricate rails for them to fit in your car. Some companies will sell them with the seats (like Corbeau).
Tom Downes
Wicked Performance Group
downest
Wicked Tom

Postby Slystone » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:52 pm

found a Bride ERGO for $500 here.....i think i buy it! :lol:
Slystone

Postby signalpuke » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:53 am

Thanks Downest, I appreciate it. Are the Corbeau seats side mount? I wouldnt even know which one to get hahaha, I guess I will just weld some mounts in there
signalpuke

Postby CRXBart » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:56 am

signalpuke wrote:Thanks Downest, I appreciate it. Are the Corbeau seats side mount? I wouldnt even know which one to get hahaha, I guess I will just weld some mounts in there

On their site they list the mounting style. I know the FX1's are side mount. BTW welcome. Nice to have another K migrating over,
CRXBart

Postby signalpuke » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:22 am

CRXBart wrote:On their site they list the mounting style. I know the FX1's are side mount. BTW welcome. Nice to have another K migrating over,

Thanks man, appreciate it. Been here a while, most of the tech stuff I need is on other boards though, I actually need to do more Nissan homework, but translating pages and sifting through all the bs is a pita lol.
signalpuke

Postby Wasuri » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:46 am

I know someone who knows someone who gets a 15% discount at Corbeau. Ill be getting seats from them before april.

Their seats are really nice.
'91 Flint Black Si a6->y8->z6/y8->a6->nothing
Wasuri

Next

Return to The Lounge