(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Any meets in the tristate area? DE,MD,PA ?

News about any and all gatherings for CRX and Civic owners.

Moderator: Moderators

Any meets in the tristate area? DE,MD,PA ?

Postby ZeusTwo » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:52 pm

Hey guys im just looking to see if there are any meets around this area. Im planning on going to honda day but id like to know if there was something on a smaller scale geared more towards crx'
1991 Crx Dx/Si converted
ZeusTwo

Re: Any meets in the tristate area? DE,MD,PA ?

Postby Cementups » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:11 pm

all 88-91 civics will be at this meet, as well as a few other randoms.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=196401
Cementups

Postby tommy » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:32 am

If you fill out your profile with your location, that would help others see where you are, FYI.

And Niagara is only 4 1/2 months away, the hugest CRX meet in the known galaxy. It's a nice drive, good campground too. I'd highly recommend it if you can do a long weekend.
1990 ZcSi
tommy

Postby ZeusTwo » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:02 am

Ok I will fill out the location part and look into these meets! Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1991 Crx Dx/Si converted
ZeusTwo

Postby Cementups » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:52 pm

tommy wrote:If you fill out your profile with your location, that would help others see where you are, FYI.

And Niagara is only 4 1/2 months away, the hugest CRX meet in the known galaxy. It's a nice drive, good campground too. I'd highly recommend it if you can do a long weekend.

Ugh.....too soon. I have stuff that needs done before that.
Cementups

Postby tommy » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:16 am

You and me both. My CRX is just sitting sadly in a public garage with no seats, steering wheel, or carpeting. :sleepy:

Not sure if it will be ready for Eric's meet, which is creeping up very quickly.
1990 ZcSi
tommy

Postby ZeusTwo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:16 am

Just looked into the Niagara meet and its about a 7+ hour drive but im game!! looked more into h-day and it seems like that place is just setting yourself up for getting your car/parts swiped so yeah im gonna look for something less sketchy.
1991 Crx Dx/Si converted
ZeusTwo

Postby tommy » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:24 am

I haven't been to it in years, but I have heard that they're getting better about security at H Day. It always seemed like a big sloppy mess to me.

If you're interested, there will be info in a couple of months about convoys to Niagara, which is probably a smart thing to do with 25+ year old rustbuckets. :D

And if you don't have a passport, get it in early; gov't is all over the place with how long it takes to send them back. And just for Niagara, I'd recommend the add'l bucks for the passport card also - that way, you don't need to carry around the booklet to get through the border.
1990 ZcSi
tommy

Postby ZeusTwo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:48 pm

awesome thanks for the info. Id love to do a convoy set up because there are LITERALLY like 2 other crx' in my city lol ( non rust bucket ones are extremely rare in my state ) But yeah unless someone tells me something special about upping the security of h-day thats a no go. But yeah my girlfriend just told me i need to apply for a passport so ill get that done very soon.
1991 Crx Dx/Si converted
ZeusTwo

Postby 4drSpankR » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:17 pm

I went to Honda Day once down at Atco a few years ago. I'll never go again. I drove my stock '98 civic because I didn't feel like having people mess with my crx. That place was TRASHED when the event was over, literally people throwing their trash on the ground with a garbage can 10ft away. Don't get me wrong, there were some really, really nice cars there, but the stereotypical Honda douche bags ruined it for me.

I left that event questioning my love for Hondas' when it was represented in such a horrible way.

The EF meet coming up in April that CementUps posted is a great time, I've been going to every single one of those and have met some great people along the way!
1991 HF - previously '90 B18A1 now '97 B18C1
1989 Si - running parts car/gone
4drSpankR

Postby ZeusTwo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:04 pm

Where is the Ef meet located?

1991 Crx Dx/Si converted
ZeusTwo

Postby Cementups » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:20 am

ZeusTwo wrote:Where is the Ef meet located?

In Leesport, about 15 minutes north of Reading. Your location only says Lower Delaware so it's hard to gauge distance for you but it's a 3 hour drive from Rehoboth.
The physical address is: 1268 Palisades Dr, Leesport, Pennsylvania 19533

I've made the drive to Niagara the last two years. My wife joined me last year and she's already been asking me when this years is. It's a really good time. Drive up Friday, set up your tent and hang out and drink and sit around the fire. Saturday we go to the actual meet and hang out and check out everyone's CRX's and such while Tommy tries to talk me into buying parts I don't need. :lol: After that we all go to dinner somewhere and eventually head back to the campground and hang out and drink and chill by the fire. Sunday, pack it all up, say your goodbyes and head on home. Some of us even head to breakfast up by the falls. before heading home.

You can't complain about the distance to Niagara. I drive 6 hours to get there and make one stop for lunch and to stretch out. But the one guy, Coleton, drove last year from Alberta, Canada, to Nova Scotia to visit family and then came back to Niagara for the meet before heading back to Alberta. His drive home NON-STOP according to Google is 33 hours. Craziness.
Cementups

Postby ZeusTwo » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:44 am

I'm located in Dover which means that meet is probably 2 hours from me. Is there a site or forum where I can get more info on the Ef meet? I'm definitely trying to attend and I'm 99% sure I'm going to the niagara one as well just have to get my passport squared away

1991 Crx Dx/Si converted
ZeusTwo

Postby tommy » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:32 am

Search for "Spring Pa EF Meet 2016" on Facebook, if you're there (FB link is in this same subsection, three threads down from this one). If not, then you're SOL.

It's just your "come to meet, gawk at other cars, eat bad food, fart all the way home" kind of thing. Just like every other meet. :lol: Any particular info you need?

EDIT: And you did need that glass sunroof, UPS - I needed you to buy it, so that I could later hear the story about how it flew off on the highway once the glue gave out. Like the t tops on old IROC Z28s used to.
1990 ZcSi
tommy

Postby ZeusTwo » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:33 pm

lol thanks bro im gonna look it up on facebook now and that sounds fine by me im just excited to come see the other ef's
1991 Crx Dx/Si converted
ZeusTwo

Postby Cementups » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:19 pm

ZeusTwo wrote:lol thanks bro im gonna look it up on facebook now and that sounds fine by me im just excited to come see the other ef's

https://www.facebook.com/events/1719183681649694/
Cementups

Postby ZeusTwo » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:27 pm

Hey bro thanks for the link but it says that the content is unavailable when i click it. Im still searching though :-)b
1991 Crx Dx/Si converted
ZeusTwo

Postby ZeusTwo » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:33 pm

ZeusTwo wrote:Hey bro thanks for the link but it says that the content is unavailable when i click it. Im still searching though :-)b

Went to goggle and it took me to the link you made in jan for the meet. I have all the info i need!! ill be there!!!!
1991 Crx Dx/Si converted
ZeusTwo

Return to Meets!