Honda CRX Forum banner

Anyone going to H-day?!

9K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  AttackCRX 
#1 ·
Whats up guys!! English town is this weekend. Will i see anyone of you there?

#3 ·
Hip hop i dont mind. but shady people bother me lol. Ive never been to hday and ive always wanted to experience it so im going to attempt this one and if its awful ill never go again lol. Did your car make it there and back in one piece?

#4 ·
Don't get me wrong, there were some amazing cars there. NSXs', Type-R's, K-swaps, JDM theme'd and some crazy built drag cars. It's the people I can't stand. My buddy and I were sitting in the stands, watching the races and these 2 dudes were betting with other people over which car would win on each race, there was also almost a fight because they got into an argument over which car won this one race because the one dude thought that whichever car got to the end of the track first won the race, whether he had the faster time or not. This dude was talking so much ****, "I used to drag professionally, I know what I'm talking about..." blah blah blah

I sat there in disbelief. These 2 (and their crews) guys were about to fight over a $1 bet because they didn't understand drag racing.

I left there questioning my love for Honda's', when they are/were so horribly misrepresented. It really made sense as to why people can't stand them. Then I went to Eric's meet (Spring PA EF meet) and then it all made sense again. People like me who truly loves these cars' for what they are and what they're capable off.

Sorry it was so long winded but hopefully you'll see for yourself why I'll never go to another Honda Day.

#6 ·
4drSpankR said:
Don't get me wrong, there were some amazing cars there. NSXs', Type-R's, K-swaps, JDM theme'd and some crazy built drag cars. It's the people I can't stand. My buddy and I were sitting in the stands, watching the races and these 2 dudes were betting with other people over which car would win on each race, there was also almost a fight because they got into an argument over which car won this one race because the one dude thought that whichever car got to the end of the track first won the race, whether he had the faster time or not. This dude was talking so much [crud], "I used to drag professionally, I know what I'm talking about..." blah blah blah

I sat there in disbelief. These 2 (and their crews) guys were about to fight over a $1 bet because they didn't understand drag racing.

I left there questioning my love for Honda's', when they are/were so horribly misrepresented. It really made sense as to why people can't stand them. Then I went to Eric's meet (Spring PA EF meet) and then it all made sense again. People like me who truly loves these cars' for what they are and what they're capable off.

Sorry it was so long winded but hopefully you'll see for yourself why I'll never go to another Honda Day.
No thank you so much. i love hearing others opinions/stories of what to expect there. My main goal was to go and see all of the nice hondas etc. I have never been to a car show of this size or even close so im just looking forward to that aspect but im taking the trip with the intentions to gain the experience. I dont do people very well either. well dumb ones lol but yeah i completely understand why people dislike the honda crowd. I know theres a HUGE difference in this meet and the EF meet. so much so that im not even bringing my girlfriend to H-day because it would be her first car-show (shes not a car person at all) and i wanted the first impression to be a good one!

#7 ·
Cementups said:
I refuse to go to the Hdays meet or Nopi or anything of that scale. It brings out all the wrong people.
yeah i understand that. im going for the experience and for the fact that it means something deeper to me to be able to go to this show (long story maybe ill tell you at the EF meet lol) but yeah i get it. I just want to experience it for myself and see some FAST and wild hondas. i tend to stay to myself lol

#8 ·
HDAY in august is better. Thats the one i usually go too, mainly because the spring hday used to be at atco and that place is small. Even though they moved this one to englishtown for the spring as well im still not going as my car isnt done and its going to be pretty cold. Others are right and the place is full of idiots, but about 20% of the cars are built by nice genuine people and thats really the only time ill bother asking about someones car in the show. As far the racing i usually only watch the 10.50, 11.50, All motor and SFWD classes. all the other racing is boring and slow. Honda day isnt for everyone but its a nice event with a good mix of show, go, and racing. Also if you have a nice car in the show and sit next to it, people are very nice and always pay compliments and ask questions.

#9 ·
Yeah im not gonna show im just gonna take the rex because its my cleanest honda atm but im going for the races more than anything and to see what its all about. Its more of a bucket list thing that i wanted to get checked off. So all in all this will most likely be my first and last h-day :)

#10 ·
You could even consider The Import & Performance Nationals show at Carlisle Events in May. It's usually a nice meet and not just Hondas. Imports from all over the globe. This is how the show used to be and then the Japanese Import scene got so big in the 2000's they had to give them their own show which was called Performance & Style in it's last incarnation. But they merged the show back with the European and kit cars. Especially good for me as I am a Mini Cooper guy and love seeing the old ones at that meet. I can even get free tickets for myself now but I haven't gone in years. I'm the UPS driver at the Carlisle Fairgrounds so I got the hookup. :wink:

#11 ·
Yeah, Carlisle is a pretty good show. I checked, and this year the featured cars are "German cars". Which is about the lamest feature they've ever had. Usually, it's an individual marque, instead of such a large pool. I anticipate that stanced GTIs/Golfs will dominate that part of the show. :rolleyes1:

Honda Day really isn't that bad; you just need to figure out where the douches are, and avoid that section of the event. To your point, though - this current one is much smaller than the August one, which would be a much different (and better) experience.

#12 ·
tommy said:
Yeah, Carlisle is a pretty good show. I checked, and this year the featured cars are "German cars". Which is about the lamest feature they've ever had. Usually, it's an individual marque, instead of such a large pool. I anticipate that stanced GTIs/Golfs will dominate that part of the show. :rolleyes1:
You going? I may be able to get a pass if you want to go. But you may have to pick me up on the way so we can harass each other all day. :lol:

#13 ·
That's the weekend after my big 5-0, so I'll probably be sorting my meds and getting ready for the big exciting "Hey, where'd that camera go?" appt at the doctor's.

I really doubt I'll be going to Carlisle, though the swap meet is always interesting.

#14 ·
tommy said:
That's the weekend after my big 5-0, so I'll probably be sorting my meds and getting ready for the big exciting "Hey, where'd that camera go?" appt at the doctor's.

I really doubt I'll be going to Carlisle, though the swap meet is always interesting.
Even though I only just turned 41 two weeks ago, I just had that appointment last week. And an upper endoscopy at the same time. Now they are telling me I may have Celiac Disease. I have to go in for blood test in two weeks. If it comes back positive then I will have to give up gluten, which I am NOT happy about.

If you change your mind about Carlisle, let me know. I haven't gone in probably at least 10 years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.