(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Anyone going to H-day?!

News about any and all gatherings for CRX and Civic owners.

Moderator: Moderators

Anyone going to H-day?!

Postby ZeusTwo » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:51 pm

Whats up guys!! English town is this weekend. Will i see anyone of you there?
1991 Crx Dx/Si converted
ZeusTwo
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:30 pm
Location: Dover,Delaware

Re: Anyone going to H-day?!

Postby 4drSpankR » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:22 pm

No. I learned that lesson going to Honda Day in Atco. :?

Hope you like hip-hop, shady people and trash everywhere.
1991 HF - previously '90 B18A1 now '97 B18C1
1989 Si - running parts car/gone
User avatar
4drSpankR
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Lancaster, PA

Re: Anyone going to H-day?!

Postby ZeusTwo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:44 pm

Hip hop i dont mind. but shady people bother me lol. Ive never been to hday and ive always wanted to experience it so im going to attempt this one and if its awful ill never go again lol. Did your car make it there and back in one piece?
1991 Crx Dx/Si converted
ZeusTwo
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:30 pm
Location: Dover,Delaware

Re: Anyone going to H-day?!

Postby 4drSpankR » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:21 pm

Don't get me wrong, there were some amazing cars there. NSXs', Type-R's, K-swaps, JDM theme'd and some crazy built drag cars. It's the people I can't stand. My buddy and I were sitting in the stands, watching the races and these 2 dudes were betting with other people over which car would win on each race, there was also almost a fight because they got into an argument over which car won this one race because the one dude thought that whichever car got to the end of the track first won the race, whether he had the faster time or not. This dude was talking so much [crud], "I used to drag professionally, I know what I'm talking about..." blah blah blah

I sat there in disbelief. These 2 (and their crews) guys were about to fight over a $1 bet because they didn't understand drag racing.

I left there questioning my love for Honda's', when they are/were so horribly misrepresented. It really made sense as to why people can't stand them. Then I went to Eric's meet (Spring PA EF meet) and then it all made sense again. People like me who truly loves these cars' for what they are and what they're capable off.

Sorry it was so long winded but hopefully you'll see for yourself why I'll never go to another Honda Day.
1991 HF - previously '90 B18A1 now '97 B18C1
1989 Si - running parts car/gone
User avatar
4drSpankR
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Lancaster, PA

Re: Anyone going to H-day?!

Postby Cementups » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:19 pm

I refuse to go to the Hdays meet or Nopi or anything of that scale. It brings out all the wrong people.
User avatar
Cementups
 
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:51 am
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Anyone going to H-day?!

Postby ZeusTwo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:26 pm

4drSpankR wrote:Don't get me wrong, there were some amazing cars there. NSXs', Type-R's, K-swaps, JDM theme'd and some crazy built drag cars. It's the people I can't stand. My buddy and I were sitting in the stands, watching the races and these 2 dudes were betting with other people over which car would win on each race, there was also almost a fight because they got into an argument over which car won this one race because the one dude thought that whichever car got to the end of the track first won the race, whether he had the faster time or not. This dude was talking so much [crud], "I used to drag professionally, I know what I'm talking about..." blah blah blah

I sat there in disbelief. These 2 (and their crews) guys were about to fight over a $1 bet because they didn't understand drag racing.

I left there questioning my love for Honda's', when they are/were so horribly misrepresented. It really made sense as to why people can't stand them. Then I went to Eric's meet (Spring PA EF meet) and then it all made sense again. People like me who truly loves these cars' for what they are and what they're capable off.

Sorry it was so long winded but hopefully you'll see for yourself why I'll never go to another Honda Day.


No thank you so much. i love hearing others opinions/stories of what to expect there. My main goal was to go and see all of the nice hondas etc. I have never been to a car show of this size or even close so im just looking forward to that aspect but im taking the trip with the intentions to gain the experience. I dont do people very well either. well dumb ones lol but yeah i completely understand why people dislike the honda crowd. I know theres a HUGE difference in this meet and the EF meet. so much so that im not even bringing my girlfriend to H-day because it would be her first car-show (shes not a car person at all) and i wanted the first impression to be a good one!
1991 Crx Dx/Si converted
ZeusTwo
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:30 pm
Location: Dover,Delaware

Re: Anyone going to H-day?!

Postby ZeusTwo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:28 pm

Cementups wrote:I refuse to go to the Hdays meet or Nopi or anything of that scale. It brings out all the wrong people.



yeah i understand that. im going for the experience and for the fact that it means something deeper to me to be able to go to this show (long story maybe ill tell you at the EF meet lol) but yeah i get it. I just want to experience it for myself and see some FAST and wild hondas. i tend to stay to myself lol
1991 Crx Dx/Si converted
ZeusTwo
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:30 pm
Location: Dover,Delaware

Re: Anyone going to H-day?!

Postby MR.SNAIL » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:11 pm

HDAY in august is better. Thats the one i usually go too, mainly because the spring hday used to be at atco and that place is small. Even though they moved this one to englishtown for the spring as well im still not going as my car isnt done and its going to be pretty cold. Others are right and the place is full of idiots, but about 20% of the cars are built by nice genuine people and thats really the only time ill bother asking about someones car in the show. As far the racing i usually only watch the 10.50, 11.50, All motor and SFWD classes. all the other racing is boring and slow. Honda day isnt for everyone but its a nice event with a good mix of show, go, and racing. Also if you have a nice car in the show and sit next to it, people are very nice and always pay compliments and ask questions.
User avatar
MR.SNAIL
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:03 pm
Location: NY

Re: Anyone going to H-day?!

Postby ZeusTwo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:22 pm

Yeah im not gonna show im just gonna take the rex because its my cleanest honda atm but im going for the races more than anything and to see what its all about. Its more of a bucket list thing that i wanted to get checked off. So all in all this will most likely be my first and last h-day :)
1991 Crx Dx/Si converted
ZeusTwo
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:30 pm
Location: Dover,Delaware

Re: Anyone going to H-day?!

Postby Cementups » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:35 pm

You could even consider The Import & Performance Nationals show at Carlisle Events in May. It's usually a nice meet and not just Hondas. Imports from all over the globe. This is how the show used to be and then the Japanese Import scene got so big in the 2000's they had to give them their own show which was called Performance & Style in it's last incarnation. But they merged the show back with the European and kit cars. Especially good for me as I am a Mini Cooper guy and love seeing the old ones at that meet. I can even get free tickets for myself now but I haven't gone in years. I'm the UPS driver at the Carlisle Fairgrounds so I got the hookup. :wink:
User avatar
Cementups
 
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:51 am
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Anyone going to H-day?!

Postby tommy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:16 am

Yeah, Carlisle is a pretty good show. I checked, and this year the featured cars are "German cars". Which is about the lamest feature they've ever had. Usually, it's an individual marque, instead of such a large pool. I anticipate that stanced GTIs/Golfs will dominate that part of the show. :rolleyes1:

Honda Day really isn't that bad; you just need to figure out where the douches are, and avoid that section of the event. To your point, though - this current one is much smaller than the August one, which would be a much different (and better) experience.
1990 ZcSi
User avatar
tommy
 
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:37 pm
Location: Westwood, NJ

Re: Anyone going to H-day?!

Postby Cementups » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:02 pm

tommy wrote:Yeah, Carlisle is a pretty good show. I checked, and this year the featured cars are "German cars". Which is about the lamest feature they've ever had. Usually, it's an individual marque, instead of such a large pool. I anticipate that stanced GTIs/Golfs will dominate that part of the show. :rolleyes1:


You going? I may be able to get a pass if you want to go. But you may have to pick me up on the way so we can harass each other all day. :lol:
User avatar
Cementups
 
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:51 am
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Anyone going to H-day?!

Postby tommy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:53 am

That's the weekend after my big 5-0, so I'll probably be sorting my meds and getting ready for the big exciting "Hey, where'd that camera go?" appt at the doctor's.

I really doubt I'll be going to Carlisle, though the swap meet is always interesting.
1990 ZcSi
User avatar
tommy
 
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:37 pm
Location: Westwood, NJ

Re: Anyone going to H-day?!

Postby Cementups » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:05 pm

tommy wrote:That's the weekend after my big 5-0, so I'll probably be sorting my meds and getting ready for the big exciting "Hey, where'd that camera go?" appt at the doctor's.

I really doubt I'll be going to Carlisle, though the swap meet is always interesting.


Even though I only just turned 41 two weeks ago, I just had that appointment last week. And an upper endoscopy at the same time. Now they are telling me I may have Celiac Disease. I have to go in for blood test in two weeks. If it comes back positive then I will have to give up gluten, which I am NOT happy about.

If you change your mind about Carlisle, let me know. I haven't gone in probably at least 10 years.
User avatar
Cementups
 
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:51 am
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Anyone going to H-day?!

Postby tommy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:38 pm

Will do, and good luck with everything.

Mmmm, healthy, clean gluten-free living. Where do I sign up for that? :puke:
1990 ZcSi
User avatar
tommy
 
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:37 pm
Location: Westwood, NJ

Re: Anyone going to H-day?!

Postby ZeusTwo » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:26 am

sooooooo is it weird i feel old at 29? :mrgreen:
1991 Crx Dx/Si converted
ZeusTwo
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:30 pm
Location: Dover,Delaware

Re: Anyone going to H-day?!

Postby tommy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:03 am

Dover's a rough town. It ages you prematurely. :wink:
1990 ZcSi
User avatar
tommy
 
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:37 pm
Location: Westwood, NJ

Re: Anyone going to H-day?!

Postby Baker » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:57 am

Cementups wrote:I refuse to go to the Hdays meet or Nopi or anything of that scale. It brings out all the wrong people.


Sadly, those are mostly the types of people that are into these cars now.
:|
User avatar
Baker
Mr. Search
 
Posts: 20807
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:48 am
Location: Between Cortland & Ithaca, NY

Re: Anyone going to H-day?!

Postby ZeusTwo » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:43 pm

Well i guess it wasnt meant to be because i could only do saturday and it was canceled due to weather for sat.. LOL guess its first appearance will be at the ef meet on the 24th
1991 Crx Dx/Si converted
ZeusTwo
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:30 pm
Location: Dover,Delaware


Return to Meets!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest