(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

ATL, Anyone?

News about any and all gatherings for CRX and Civic owners.

Moderator: Moderators

ATL, Anyone?

Postby atlcrx » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:45 pm

Any fellow CRX'ers want to meet in the Atl? Lets see if we can generate some interest!

---

1990 CRX Si
JDM B16 Swap
LSD
MSD Ignition
Cold air intake
5-Zigen 4-2-1 header
Last edited by atlcrx on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atlcrx

Re: ATL, Anyone?

Postby hybrid4 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:10 pm

i'm always down for a CRX meet.....
hybrid4

ATL, Anyone?

Postby atlcrx » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:30 pm

Let's make it happen!!

--
1990 CRX Si
JDM B16 Swap
LSD
MSD Ignition
Cold air intake
5-Zigen 4-2-1 header
atlcrx

Postby hybrid4 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:06 pm

pm'd.. anybody else down for a meet?
hybrid4

Postby chriskatana » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:05 am

I'm hosting a meet in Anniston, AL
couple of hours away, but it'll be worth the trip..

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=55077

Let me know if you guys put something together in ATL.
1989 DX D16A6 5 speed Daily Driver
1990 DX D15B2 Auto
Alabama Imports FB Group
chriskatana

Postby bubbakush » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:14 am

Im in Marietta, just picked up a 88 DX but Id like to get in with a local CRX crowd.

I should mention I bought it as a project car, d15b2 knocks so Im in need of a motor before I can bring it out!
bubbakush

Postby BlancoDiablo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:30 pm

So any more info on this? I'm near ATL and would be interested :-)b
BlancoDiablo

Postby hybrid4 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:42 pm

chriskatana wrote:I'm hosting a meet in Anniston, AL
couple of hours away, but it'll be worth the trip..

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=55077

Let me know if you guys put something together in ATL.

i really wanna make it to the AL meet this April too. i would like to see us get together in the Atlanta area before then though.
hybrid4

Postby seventy X 7 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:20 pm

I'm down in LaGrange. I'd drive an hour up to ATL any day. :-)b Gotta get this roof swap done first though. I don't know how long my Rex would last downtown with a hole where the sunroof used to be. :oops:
Stay What You Are
seventy X 7

ATL, Anyone?

Postby atlcrx » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:07 am

Having never hosted ( or even attended) a meet, I'm not entirely sure how to proceed. Thoughts?

And yes, you should get the hole in you roof fixed!

Jason
atlcrx

Postby seventy X 7 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:16 pm

I've never been to one either. lol. But I've always gotten a good vibe from fellow CRXers. I guess first of all we need a location. We can pick a time later. ATL is pretty central for everyone I guess. I know there are meets at the Varsity pretty regularly. We could do something like that. We just need somewhere downtown with a decent-sized parking lot.

Or if we wanted to make it something big we could all go camp somewhere up in north Georgia for a weekend (once it gets a little bit warmer). Maybe we should start small though. How many people are we expecting as of yet? Just a couple of us?
Stay What You Are
seventy X 7

Postby sxysweed » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:24 am

Parks with shelters with grills work really good.

Whoevers hosting, bring some hotdogs and some buns and some cheap soda/water from Walmart. Not Coke/Pepsi, just the cheap store-brand stuff. Set up a time and location a few months ahead. When I was helping with the EF meets in Tampa, we did it Sundays from 10am to whenever (usually cleared out around 4-5pm). Set-up a nice cooler with ice for the drinks on a table under the shelter, with some free community stickers and stuff. When people started arriving/getting hungry, we had a designated grill master get things going. If your hosting the meet, talk to everyone atleast once or twice. Introduce yourself, say hi, try to start conversation. Consider buying those "HI, my name is _____" name tags, and write your username, then a "aka" and your first name. Works well to break the ice/identify people you don't know in person (or when you can't remember their name!).

Parking lot meets don't have the same feeling that a meet in a nice park does. I don't know why, but small park meets are just nicer. Most small bi-monthly CRX/EF meets that have stuck around have been in parks, with a shelter/food set-up.

Also, expanding it to all EF's gets some more people involved. Just CRX's is nice, but it can be damn difficult getting more than five people with CRX's to show up, and it gets a little bit boring when there's only five people.
fals-kk-alrot.tumblr
sxysweed

Postby seventy X 7 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:13 am

^That sounds great. Food and drinks are a great idea. I'd definitely chip in for that. Name tags with screen names are also a great idea. But mostly, I would like to second the motion to open this meet up to all EF's. I don't know where to advertise it other than this community. Import Atlanta's great, but it seems like those guys have a different vibe than the guys on this community. That's the feeling I get anyways.

I don't know ATL well enough to know where we could host it. Piedmont Park could be great, I guess. But I don't remember the parking situation there. I'm not sure we would have the room, or if we would get hassled for any reason. Depends on how many people show up I guess.
Stay What You Are
seventy X 7

Postby sxysweed » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:44 am

You can advertise it on d-series.org, lots of EF guys there, and they're as laid back as here/same attitudes. TampaRacing.com is worth a shot. Tampa's far from ATL, but there's a few north-Florida guys there. Might want to send Brezzent on here a PM too. There's always nwp4life.com and honda-tech, but small meets usually don't get noticed. I've posted meets on craigslist before, but you have to be careful, sometime potential thiefs come along too.

I didn't worry about the people that would show up when I hosted "my" tampa meets, but I also set it at a location off the beaten track, were only pretty much real enthusiasts bothered to show up. And I find that the EF-crowd is generally more laid back and mature than people with newer civics.

I wouldn't worry about being hassled by cops. Pick a nice park/shelter, have some food to cook, and ask people not to dick around. No revving, blasting music, burnouts, racing, speeding, etc. A cop might show up to see what your up to, but small meets are normally fine.
fals-kk-alrot.tumblr
sxysweed

Postby RAULMENJIVAR9 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:20 am

I stay up North but down for a meet Anytime 8)
RAULMENJIVAR9

Postby npe1jar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:44 pm

New to this (forum) and car is completely boring compared to others I've seen on here (no mods at all), but interested in meeting fellow CRX owners and learning more.
Also a question (hope it's ok to ask it here): want to know if any of you Atl guys know of any shops that specialize in working on CRX's. I've been having a heck of a time getting my baby to run again, as indicated here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55878&p=607094#p607094

Any suggestions would be great.
1990 si, 270k miles (3rd engine) all stock
npe1jar

Postby Rexasaurus » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:47 pm

lets revive this, there has to be crx around ATL/Georgia I know this Ive seen them including mine
Rexasaurus

Return to Meets!