Honda CRX Forum banner

Sarasota / tampa / clearwater / bradenton ?????

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  razordave 
#1 ·
Any meets on this part of the gulf coast of fl ????? I know theres a huge honda scene in Tampa but not sure about Sarasota.

#2 ·
What huge honda scene in Tampa? There's a pretty good S2000 scene but the CRX scene is morbund afaict. Not being sarcastic here, clue me in in if I'm missing something. But anyway, It'd be great to set up some sort of W-Central FL meet, I'd be down for Sarasota or anywhere else close-ish to Tampa.

#3 ·
C'mon guys, I met a few people from the Tampa area at the FL CRX meet so I know you're out there! I go to two Cars and Coffees every month - one at Reeves Imports on Florida Ave in Tampa on the first Saturday of every month and another at the DuPont registry off Ulmerton Ave in St Pete the third Saturday. They're both 7-9am, a bit early, but at least they have coffee :). We should definitely try to get some meets started. I'd be happy to help organize. Also happy to drive up to 50 miles if need be...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#6 ·
15 years ago a Saturday night in Tampa started at 8pm and ended at 6am. Multiple locations on Dale Ma bury from north to south. Before and after Gandy bridge. Brandon had the "bread factory", 84 and lumber and "sea breeze". Hoover off of Hillsborough. 4th street in St. Pete (after the bridge). Temple Terrace had the Dallas Bull (old location), Winn Dixie on 301 and Fowler out by the fair grounds. It was a great night if you hit all the spots in a line that you couldn't see the end of in your rear view. Ahhhh.... That felt good to reminisce.

#7 ·
razordave said:
I'm in fort myers but my car probably won't make it up your guy's way. come south! ;)
Hi, Dave. I'd be game to head down to Ft. Myers if we can get people together. Was down there earlier this month for the autocross at the airport, and will probably do that again. Not sure I'd be in the CRX though, mine has developed a scary habit of (almost) stranding me far from home :(.

#8 ·
ah I see..

I haven't really seen any nice cars, mine included but I haven't really been looking, been trying to get my papers together to get a job.

I can't really complain about the reliability of mine, I just have my reserves.
I was under the ass today tweaking my exhaust and cleaning and painting the underside of the trunk and noticed the lca mount seems to be pulling from the body..

I'll definitely have to do something about that, soon!

#9 ·
Finally figured out what my reserves were. The tach on my car never worked. My car used to die off on me randomly, mostly in a hot situation.

Today it died. I figured Dizzy as mostly everything else is new.

Junkyard trip landed me a play-less td46u and I swapped it in, now it runs and the tachometer works so hopefully the reliability is back. I just need a new pigtail/ plug for the ECT and I should be 100% or at least close.

I may actually come up north as there seems to be a lot more action up there. Ray's performance Machine, Phearable.net both up there.

Everything I find on Craigslist, you got it. Tampa.

I'm actually 3 hours from both Tampa and Miami, so I could really go either way, but Miami just seemed too busy, that usually means more police and anytime you have a gathering, especially of modded vehicles, the police seem to think you are doing something wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.