Honda CRX Forum banner

Preludewillie's Mild 91 DX Build

28K views 105 replies 23 participants last post by  Gotin 
#1 ·
Some updated pics by my friend Fredo Rodgriguez!

Hi everyone. I've been a member for a while now, but have never posted anything. I recently purchased my 3rd CRX from a member on here (Gotin). I'd like to say thanks to him for taking such great care of the car. I have a few plans for the car, but nothing over the top. The older I get, the more I realize that keeping it simple makes things enjoyable. I added some pics below of some of my previous cars, as well as the new car. My plans for the CRX are as follows:

First and foremost, getting the passenger fender replaced, and both it and the rear bumper painted
New header and exhaust
Custom intake w/ welded velocity stack
Some sort of matching blue seats
New steering wheel (something a little more circular lol)
Either the Sonem or the Hush full hydro conversion (probably Hush, as I've used that in the past and it was excellent)

Looks like a great community here to be a part of! Thanks for looking!

GSR Swapped, Drag Gen III Turbonetics kit

RHD GSR swapped

GSR JE/Eagle, stock sleeves, 60-1 turbo

GSR w/ITR pistons, B16 trans

....and some of the many faces of my Integra

My latest 99 Si Wiseco/Eagle LS Vtec, ITR cams, 60 Trim

AND....my new CRX. I just picked up some 15x7 Kosei K1 w/ 195/50/15 Toyo Proxes R1R tires last night. I'll update whenever I get some other things done to it, which should be over this winter. This is actually the only photo I've taken so far of it.

See less See more
#9 ·
Every one of those past projects look simply amazing, very interesting in seeing what you do with this crx!

89_rexer, please start a new thread. Your question has nothing to do with this guy's intro. But real quick, you have an hf. Weakest engine and longest geared trans, made only for economy. It's completely pointless to try making power out of that engine, you might as well swap in something else and sell the d15 to someone on here

#10 ·
Not a big update, but I decided that the Kosei wheels just didn't fit the car well, so I sold them this past weekend. I just purchased a set of Sprint Hart CPF wheels. They'll be here anytime between now and 6 weeks ( Not looking forward to the wait :( ) Once they get here I'll be having them stripped and powdercoated, and replacing the labels. Here's a pic from the sale ad. Plan on tearing the front end apart this next week or so to clean the bay up and paint it. Thought I'd add a couple of pics that were snapped on new years day, as well as my homies' cars that we all roll together in come summer time. ENJOY!

#12 ·
Gotin said:
Sprint wheels look good. Are they going to be white?

The hatchback is clean and had the chance to see it first hand.

keep the updates coming.
Thanks man. Yea Chris' white hatch is a shining example of a perfectly executed car. The Sprints will actually be silver. Right now I'm trying to track down a place that can do decals in a custom color (other than red or blue).

#13 ·
Well, not a big update, but this is how the car sits as of right now. Car goes to get the engine bay painted the second week of February. In the meantime I'll be getting the brake line tuck all mocked up, and figuring out what kind of plate I'll make for the engine harness to enter the bay.

#15 ·
I've since calmed down, but I was very upset yesterday with the car. As I was removing the screws that hold the climate control in, 2 out of 3 of the mounting tabs simply broke off. So I will be in the market for a new climate control when the car goes back together. Aside from that, dash is out, and I've located the spot where the brake lines will enter the cabin, as well as where the prop valve will go. Clock is ticking...

#18 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys. It's been a while since I've updated anything. Weather has been crap, and I was down for a few weeks with an illness. Wheels still aren't here. Shipment is slowing down due to the strikes at the docks on the west coast from what I can gather from the shipper. I purchased a used set of mounts since the ones in the car were mismatched (Hasport trans mount/Innovative steel rear and driver mounts). I'll be selling these soon for cheap if anyone is interested, btw. Car should be going for paint work on the bay/hood/fender/rear bumper here in a couple of weeks. Tires showed up yesterday. 205/50/15 Nitto Neogen. Love these tires. Other than that, nothing new! Here's a shot of the mounts that I picked up on ebay the other day. As soon as I get some other stuff done I'll be sure to post some pics!

#21 ·
Not a lot of great updates with pics yet. Should have some soon, though. Car is in paint right now. Wheels, valve cover, and Neuspeed strut bar are at powdercoat, and every fastener on the engine and in the engine bay is at the plater right now. All of them are being stripped and recoated in yellow zinc. Once everything comes in I'll get some updates moving in here. In the meantime, I'll be cleaning the engine and trans, and maybe painting it. Part of me just wants to keep it raw and get it as clean as I can. Not sure how that will work just yet. I also spent some time on another toy of mine while the car has been gone. Here are a few pics for right now.

#23 ·
Gotin said:
:popcorn: Are you going to do the whole car or just parts? Powder coat color?
Just the engine bay, underside of the hood, passenger fender, and rear bumper. You kept the car in such good condition, I couldn't justify painting the whole thing right now. I figure this, along with a little PDR work afterward, and I'll be perfectly content with it. The color is called Blue Ice Explosion. Essentially generic Mag blue from the Volk wheels. I found decals in white, finally. So they're on their way as well. Hoping to have this all buttoned up within the next few weeks.

#25 ·
Gotin said:
Sounds great. I love the mag blue color. I was thinking that my next wheels come in that (ce28) but the right used deal has not come by. Can't wait to see the outcome.
Congratulations on the ITR btw. I saw that you had purchased one. It looked wonderful.

Powdercoater sent me a shot of a finished wheel. I'll be getting those back tomorrow. Bay is painted, as well as the other parts that were being done. Should be back one evening this week. I had to add the highlight this last Saturday night as well. :blah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.