(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

EFnStatic New 90 CRX Si, "The Deep Sleeper"

Show off your CRX. Member rides, pictures, project threads and galleries can go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: EFnStatic New 90 CRX Si, "The Deep Sleeper"

Postby VThonda » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:59 pm

looks like a quality job on the manifold! Hopefully you won't have any more issues with those welds. Loving the up pipe though! I'm assuming that's just for the track but I would love to see that on the street!
VThonda

Postby EFnStatic » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:23 pm

i am looking to send the car to my buddy again to make a brace up top or down below to help support the heavy manifold and turbo leaving less stress on the flange and studs. the up pipe is something new to me. i did notice it was alot faster to build boost than with the whole exhaust. so what i planned to do is tune with the up pipe and fix the tune for a second map on the full exhaust. on the streets of california, car laws are very strict. as soon as i pull out and get pulled over, thats a "ref" ticket which already going to be 500$+. so the car wont see the streets as much unless i put the full down pipe back on and cover the hole.

should be re-tuning soon!
EFnStatic

Postby Niklah » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:54 pm

Love the polished valve cover!

How do you find the up pipe so far? Seeing any cool flames shooting up yet? The BF did almost an identical one on his previous hatch, and bought a little aluminum tractor flap to run on the rainy days lol. The best part about that mod was seeing people's reactions to it everywhere we went.
Niki
Black LS Vtec 91 Si - under construction
Polar White 90 Si - the daily beater
Niklah

Postby EFnStatic » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:27 pm

thanks! i kinda want to change it up under the hood with the color soon, just dont know the route to go . i havent really tested out the up pipe just yet. i just recently did that mod and havent touched the car after that. just waiting on the boost solenoid before the retune then! i can see what the hype is about! haha. i did do a burnout in front of my house to check and make sure my LSD was functional and i did see some flames spittin' haha. it was awesome. i will definitely record a new video on 4th of july since i dont have firework this year haha.
EFnStatic

Postby EFnStatic » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:40 pm

also uploaded this not too long ago.

https://youtu.be/BbDrZyGpXj0
EFnStatic

Postby B53p » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:34 pm

Such a great build! I'm not a fan of up pipes but if it helps with getting you into the 11's then why not!

Follow me on Instagram @Kaid0

"Compared to racing, drug addiction is an inexpensive past time!"
B53p

Postby EFnStatic » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:47 pm

thanks! i went through your thread completely yesterday and i couldnt help but be jelly of everything i was ready. very beautiful build yourself man. ive always been the full exhaust street car person. i did the up pipe because i was bored. haha. the hood from the previous owner had flopped up onto the windshield so the hood was already bent in half plus all the amount of dents it had. i am tuning soon. i will be having 2 maps for the up pipe and the down pipe. when i find another clean hood, ill hopefully find the correct color to match it (i hope the car was repainted milano red since rio red didnt match)

12.0 @ 300hp isnt bad, with the new tune, even with full exhaust i will hopefully get in the 11.60s
EFnStatic

Postby B53p » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:04 pm

Thanks man! I did read about your hood being messed up, I could see getting bored and just cutting it up :lol:

The red is probably the same but one is fresh and the other is faded over many years. Red is a very temperamental color when it comes to matching.

I don't know if you saw but when mine was turbo'd it had 309WHP and I ended up getting a 11.8 @ 118 with full interior so you're right there! :-)b

Where are you at in Cali? I'll be at Laguna Seca at the end of this month for a race!

Follow me on Instagram @Kaid0

"Compared to racing, drug addiction is an inexpensive past time!"
B53p

Postby EFnStatic » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:13 am

i planned the jdm ef8 front end because of the hood hump. i really dislike the hood prop i have on my car.

the car was repainted from 2 owners ago. underneath (paint chips) you can see the stock rio red in comparison of the current top layer, darker red. so im going to guess the top coat is a milano red since it was a popular color for the honda.

i did see your turbo setup, power and time it ran. i was pretty impress with what it did on the track + that video. i know my car has 11s in it the way it currently sits, ive just been off the track for several years so seat time was not all there. my trap speed is about 114-116 mph. kinda had the slicks too deflated at my power level (7psi) if i ran somewhere in the 10psi, i would have seen the 11.9s by picking up a few more mph.

i am about 1.5 from laguna seca, although im more 1320, a bunch of my friends run out there and i occasionally go with them.
EFnStatic

Postby EFnStatic » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:11 pm

went to the track on saturday. it was Raceworz '15 and i took out both my cars. i ran my crx only twice before breaking the driver side axle on my elimination round. the track was finally prepped with vht. i bogged 1st gear my first run with 9psi in the tires. second run i bogged 2nd gear. ran both a 12.3. 3rd run, well. 6 year old stock axle finally went haha. spent an hour and a half to find a store that had an axle in stock so that i could reinstall and drive home.

got some falken azenis on my stock Si so i would hold that "sleeper" title. love these tires.

EFnStatic

Postby Josip » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:30 am

Nice time.
Josip

Postby EFnStatic » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:35 am

thanks. im hoping to skip 11s and go for 10s in october :X

picked up some parts. nothing special.

EFnStatic

Postby EFnStatic » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:16 pm

today after finishing up shaving a customers bay, i had some time to fix the front end a little bit. story is, the last owner had his rep wheel spoke break on him causing him to veer and swipe out. i bought the front end for $250 :D hood with minor damage, bumper with scrape damage, left head light, left corner light, left bumper light, t bar and bent bumper support.

i couldnt pass up on it. most importantly, the hood riser is gone! i am now able to close my hood without hitting my valve cover and fit the hood shock under it as well. i will soon start the body work on the hood and bumper so i could paint match it. i am overall very happy with the fitment and the price the seller sold it to me for!

the customer for the shave bay paid me with an autopower roll cage for the rex. looking to re-dyno the car soon for 400hp before oct so i can go deep into the 11's without getting kicked out! :D

EFnStatic

Postby EFnStatic » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:54 pm

last event.

EFnStatic

Postby dliverance » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:04 am

Great deal on that front end. I'm about $2k into my front conversion. I'm sure that damage will clean right up.
dliverance

Postby EFnStatic » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:26 am

i saw your parts for sale. very tempted on that bumper haha. but i was able to put in some work today on the hood bumper!!

sanded it down on the car so that it was stabilized.

this part of the bumper took impact. so i heated it up and used a piece of straight edge to kind of massaged it back into form.

scuffed the hood with some 80grits and laid down some filler (rage)

previous photo above, the hood was also in the accident. i had already pulled it straight. today i did some more repair on the corner and its started to look straight again!

still some low spots so i laid down some filler once more, guide coated and should be tackling it again tomorrow.

EFnStatic

Postby dliverance » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:49 am

The body work looks pretty good. Nice trick with heating the bumper. Usually for filling these plastic bumpers I use this stuff. http://www.amazon.com/Epoxy-Superbond-R ... B007GD59YG It holds stronger than anything I've ever seen and it sands pretty well. It also adheres pretty well to oily plastics.
dliverance

Postby EFnStatic » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:48 am

thanks for the heads up! it was very minor after massaging it. it wasnt a hole or anything so i figure a light layer of filler would do the trick (same as ive done on my ef9 bumper on my wagon) that epoxy looks like what was used on the backside of the bumper. ill snag a pix of it when i take the bumper back off. the hood should be somewhat done tomorrow and im going to scuff everything else before i go get primer/base/clear. only one slight problem, lol. i dont know what color the car is. last page showed i painted the fender rio red thinking the cars rio red. it was a lot brighter. the milano red is a popular honda color and says that its a slight bit darker than rio. so i think ill be using milano for the bumper and hood.

should also be getting some hardware for the roll cage and headlight restoration kit. still cannot believe i got the front end for 200$ :X
EFnStatic

Postby EFnStatic » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:58 pm

yesterday i worked a bit on the headlights. they were indeed yellowish in color. i started with a hand sand of 800g and DA with 1500 to 2000 wet. used plastiX and it came out a lot more clearer!

finished up on the hood as well. only primed the repaired areas with 3 layers. sanded down the whole hood with 220grits since i didnt have any red scotch brite. should be primering both hood and bumper as soon as i grab some paint.

EFnStatic

Postby dliverance » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:59 pm

Where are your squirter holes?
dliverance

Postby EFnStatic » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:22 am

lol! now that you've mentioned it, haha didnt even notice it was gone!

today was a success! was recommended to a shop close by to scan the color of my car to find a close match. last week i went to the paint store to find a color to match my car. they just gave me a stack of cards tot take to my car to find one that fits. its not Rio red nor is it Milano red, being the popular honda color i tried those 2. one is too light. one is too dark. the shop i went to was down the street from my normal shop.

they had this scanner ive never seen or heard of before. they pressed the scanner against my car and made 2 scans to compare. both scans came out to be the same result. turns out to be the CPQ Rutland Red from the Range Rover. so the clerk gives me the flash card of that color to go and match up to my car. i must tell you. its a near dead on color match. i couldnt have been more happier. so i bought a pint of that color just to get me by right now because of funds. i went with the Valspar brand instead of the normal omni. cost a tad bit more and also bought some legacy clear also made by valspar. i should be prepping and paint very soon! (way too hot atm) enjoy the photos!

in the sunlight

in the shade

darker shade

patiently waiting here.

EFnStatic

Postby Freemananana » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:36 am

That is a pretty solid color match! I'm sure that it will turn out well. The gaps in the body panels help hide minor differences. To me, the color looks very close.
1989 CRX Si
-Daily Driver

1989 Hatch STD
-Project car
Freemananana

Postby EFnStatic » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:54 pm

if its off somewhat a tad bit it wouldnt really bother. it would actually be a lot better than the multicolor front end haha.

yesterday i was to primer the hood and bumper. found this weird bubbling/soft spot on the very center of my hood that id have to address today. other than that. im hoping to have it painted sometimes this week.

i used evercoat feather fill g2 2 part primer. its pretty damn thick..

EFnStatic

Postby kaminsknator » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:08 pm

Are you spraying that outside? Coming together nicely
Pro- fun to drive
Con- no longer have money
kaminsknator

Postby dliverance » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:59 pm

This thread makes me feel like a slacker. All I ever do is drive my two tone rex around lol. I cant wait to see this thing put together though. Sweet b2200 btw.
dliverance

PreviousNext

Return to The Showroom