(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

New guy's 89 si

Show off your CRX. Member rides, pictures, project threads and galleries can go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

New guy's 89 si

Postby new guy » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:46 am

whats up guys its been awhile since ive been on here but i finally caved and bought another crx two actually. I wasn't even planning on buying a new car but i seen a deal so good i couldn't pass it up. a 89 crx si with a b18a1 swap and another 89 si parts car with sohc zc for $300 delivered!

the black one is the one i will be building, the blue ones the parts car and and coupe is my daily. :-)b

Of course it doesn't run and i have no idea whats wrong and i didn't even so much as see if it will still turn over before buying but thats half the fun :biggrin:
new guy

Re: New guy's 89 si

Postby tommy » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:27 am

Good luck! Fun like that I don't need. :lol:
1990 ZcSi
tommy

Postby new guy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:17 am

well, ive finally gotten some free time to work on the rex now that the holidays are over.

first thing i did was do a compression test the results where 168 155 175 165 not the greatest but hopefully i can still have some fun with it before a rebuild :biggrin: i even pulled the valve cover Image not too bad this engine might just run :D

so begun diagnosing why it doesn't first thing i noticed was hacked wires everywhere :evil: after a couple of hours reconnecting ecu wires and swapping out engine harness with the one from the parts car.... still no fuel or spark. i put some more gas in it and it immediately came right back out a hole in the bottom of the tank :x . so i dropped the tank from the parts car and it turns out both fuel pumps from both cars are bad. i still need to diagnosis why im not getting spark, im starting to think i might have a bad ecu. hopefully i can fix the spark issue before the fuel pump gets here i haven't driven a crx in years and i cant wait :bounce:

i also went ahead and cleaned up the engine bay/ radiator support up and gave it a little paint Image
new guy

Postby FatherDeerhands » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:13 am

I'd check the dizzy if you haven't already.

When I got mine it was fried because the cap seal was non existent. And it was filled with moisture.

Just had to put my 2 cents in. Lol. Looks like a good project though!!
FatherDeerhands

Return to The Showroom