(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Crx siR from Spain

Show off your CRX. Member rides, pictures, project threads and galleries can go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Crx siR from Spain

Postby Noahprinceluk » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:49 pm

Hello all, after reading a lot of post and make some questions, it's time to show my EE8 Crx SiR(edm EF8).
I bought the car last summer with 65k miles (now 70k) in a extraordinary condition from an old woman, all OEM with any rust (only in the radiator and rear rotors). Since i bought it i ordered a Tein street advance coilovers, (lowered 2.5") then i found a nice set of 16" OZ superleggera with michellin pilot sport 3 and mishimoto full size radiator with Spoon Sports cap, air/con deleted, rear wiper deleted and last thing a Momo tuner steering wheel. (The car weights now 2055lbs without fuel)

Future mods: (i'm planning to get 175-180hp&118lb/ft, currently 157hp&108lb/ft at the crank in the dyno)
Custom 60mm cat-back with sport-cat
Itr manifold+throttle body w/ k&n panel filter
Brembo OE Spec 10.2"+9.4" rotors and pads.
PLM (Toda rep) 4-2-1 2.5" Header
Brand new polybushes and motor mounts
Goodbridge stainless-steel brake lines with motul rbf600
Ceramic stage1 clutch w/ 10lbs flywheel
Hondata s300 v3 (w/ obd1 conversion) with a proper tuned
InnovativeMounts competition traction bar (da spec)
Mfactory Helical LSD

subir fotos a internet

Any advice is welcome! (I'm thinking about whether it's worth buying the Lsd, the traction bar and in the clutch)
Thanks!
Noahprinceluk

Re: Crx siR from Spain

Postby Gr8_EE8 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:02 pm

Clean EE8 you have there. Very clean seats, too... I thought I would comment on your upgrade list:
-ceramic clutch NO. You will not like it on the street. I have a Spec 3 in my EE8 now, and I can't wait to replace it with a stage 2.
-ITR manifold and tb YES! People will say not to use them on a b16, but I love the itr mani and tb in my EE8.
-LSD and innovative trx bar are the best thing you can do for traction. It is money well spent. I did a MFactory lsd install a couple weeks ago for a friend, it is a really nice unit.
-the Y1 transmission with the EDM 4.133 ratio final drive is too tall in the gear for street driving. Consider the 4.4 ratio, it matches well.

I also suggest ctr or itr cams with itr valve springs to work with the new upgrades. I have all three available for sale if you want to pm.

You can make 180 hp with these mods for sure.
Keep it real. This is the only Honda forum worth my time. You make it happen.
Gr8_EE8

Postby Tasos_7R » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:43 pm

This is an amazing condition ee8 you got there!! Well done!! :-)b

I agree that you don't need a ceramic clutch. For your power goals i'ld stay with oem honda. I recently replaced mine with a stage 1 Exedy clutch and even this feels a little harsh for every day driving (at least for my taste). So stay oem. :wink:
Also the Innovative traction bar really makes a big difference. The front end of the car feels amazing after installing it.

How are the Teins in terms of comfort??
Frost White CRX 1.6i-VT EE8
Tasos_7R

Postby Noahprinceluk » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:47 pm

Gr8_EE8 wrote:Clean EE8 you have there. Very clean seats, too... I thought I would comment on your upgrade list:
-ceramic clutch NO. You will not like it on the street. I have a Spec 3 in my EE8 now, and I can't wait to replace it with a stage 2.
-ITR manifold and tb YES! People will say not to use them on a b16, but I love the itr mani and tb in my EE8.
-LSD and innovative trx bar are the best thing you can do for traction. It is money well spent. I did a MFactory lsd install a couple weeks ago for a friend, it is a really nice unit.
-the Y1 transmission with the EDM 4.133 ratio final drive is too tall in the gear for street driving. Consider the 4.4 ratio, it matches well.

I also suggest ctr or itr cams with itr valve springs to work with the new upgrades. I have all three available for sale if you want to pm.

You can make 180 hp with these mods for sure.

Very thanks for the advices! So then i'll keep the oem clutch, and since the engine only have 70k miles, i like to keep it closed, this is why i'm not going to put some ctr/itr pistons, cams, etc.
Noahprinceluk

Postby Noahprinceluk » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:51 pm

Tasos_7R wrote:This is an amazing condition ee8 you got there!! Well done!! :-)b

I agree that you don't need a ceramic clutch. For your power goals i'ld stay with oem honda. I recently replaced mine with a stage 1 Exedy clutch and even this feels a little harsh for every day driving (at least for my taste). So stay oem. :wink:
Also the Innovative traction bar really makes a big difference. The front end of the car feels amazing after installing it.

How are the Teins in terms of comfort??

Okey i'll stay oem haha

The teins? They are sweeeeeet, they feels like you are in a car with sport shocks not with coilovers! And the car goes flat in corners.
I recommend you for street driving, the spring rates are f:6kg r:3kg with 32 leves of hardness settings.
Noahprinceluk

Postby Tasos_7R » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:13 am

Thanks for the feedback on teins. I want a more comfortable suspension than the one I got. I was looking at KW v1 but I ll have to think about the teins too now.
Frost White CRX 1.6i-VT EE8
Tasos_7R

Return to The Showroom