Honda CRX Forum banner

New Owner - 91 CRX with B18 and turbo

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Uglyobesegamer 
#1 ·
Hi everyone

I just picked up this crx a few weeks ago and have been working on it since, trying to get it running nicely by spring time. So far have installed new Hondata S300, changed trans fluid, fuel filter and tomorrow will be going over the fuel system checking pressure etc. Currently is running super lean where it barely idles and dies if I touch the gas so I'm tracking down that issue.

Car has a GSR block, ported B16 head, wiseco pistons, eagle rods, 90mm TB, gt3255e turbo, and puts down 400whp at 17psi on e85. Well, once I get it running right it will, ahem.

I have some crappy pics on my build thread over at H-T...

http://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...1-crx-turbo-b18-project-build-thread-3292540/

Been posting there mostly but figured I'd jump over here as well. Just can't figure out how to get the pics posted here with my phone at the moment. Will update later.

I am a life long Honda fanatic, having owned two del sols (one turbo), a crv, two Crz's, and now the crx as well as a Pilot.

See less See more
#2 ·
that is a nice turbo CRX. 17psi quite high still, what was it before? also noticed the passenger front suspension with the front higher than the rear. the driver side looks ok. so without coilover i noticed these on all CRX including mine. It almost seem like we need coil over to balance it correctly.

#3 ·
Thanks. It is actually sitting on uneven ground in the pics which is why it looks funky lol. I need better pics but weather and car not running isn't helping me out.

PO claimed it was tuned for 20psi and 475whp. However I checked out the tune and it looks like a 17psi tune to me.

#6 ·
Quick update and some new pics. I haven't been on this site but frequent H-T.

It's running like a champ now, other than a vibration that feels like an axle problem. But I've been through 4 sets of axles, not sure if they are just too long for the swap or what. Still a work in progress.

Here are some of upgrades I've done since I first posted when I got the car :)

New Garrett T3/T4 57 Trim
Got the tune fixed and dialed in again at 17psi
Skunk2 Alpha rad with 12" SPAL fan
Picked up another LS tranny since the last one broke
Action Clutch 2MS kit with flywheel
OEM lower ball joints
Progress CS2 Coilovers 550/550
Slipstreams in 15x7 +35
Hasport engine mounts
Bunch of other crap that I don't care to list :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.