(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

My Creamy Beige Crx Build

Show off your CRX. Member rides, pictures, project threads and galleries can go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

My Creamy Beige Crx Build

Postby ItsOldGreg » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:53 am

Hey everyone, just wanted to document some of the mods I've been doing and the direction this car is going in!

MY CARS COLD DARK HISTORY OF HACKNESS
I Should start off by pointing everyone that a lot of weird mods were already done when I received the car. It had a junkyard setup lsvtec with gt28r and some [crummy] log style manifold! The motor was basically cooked! The car had some sketchy home ghetto garage boost controller setup, and was running a home fabricated traction bar that caused the car to push like a mother**** in Corners!!!! The car was supposed to be a write off from hail damage but I purchased it in order to save the title! The car is beautiful and has next to no rust at all!

I knew exactly what motor I wanted to use which was my Built N.a all motor b18b with balanced rotating assembly itr pistons and a fully built b18c1 gsr head, 7 angle valve job, ported and polished, skunk 2 pro 1 cams, omni valves, valve springs, and tit retainers! Chopped and 70mm port matched to alpha throttle body, and deploying the symphony with a Toda Header!

But once we put the engine in the car we realized the 1.8 litre bottom end was no longer good from sitting so long in storage the coolant expanded and separated the cylinders! (Ontario condensation BULL**** :evil: !!!

Anyways I decided to go 2.0 high compression jdm b20b from Jdm Source in Calgary since I moved to Edmonton. The block was Very clean and I ended up laying down an impressive 198WHP on the dyno, stock bottom end with the built head on pump gas! LOL mind you i needed to replace the distributer because it was causing misfire, and my itr header was on the car restricting exhaust flow!

SOO My plans this year for the car are to

~Fix Hail damage Work on body and paint (creamy beige .single stage)
~purchase either progress or ASR rear sway bar
~Find a Solid Distributer company that makes obd1 dizzy high quality
~Install some bushings I have sitting around and some adjustable camber front / rear!
~Purchase Toda Header Install to 3" Electronic Cutout that goes to a 2.5" exhaust with a Spoon N1 Muffler (already have)
~upgrade brakes with my brembo rotors and ebc red race pads!
~Touch up the Dyno Tune and shoot for around 215whp
~Prep the spare 2.0 block for disassembly and sleeving! (eventually going high compression race gas)
~I also need to look into bigger Injectors because my RC 370 are topped out
~ Also looking into roll cages but probably not for this Year

Here are some pictures of the car throughout the build process

This is The Interior when I first got it! Pretty Clean In all Honestly just Missing a few components!

This is the outside, it was really clean no rust just a [crud] ton of hail damage which I try to avoid showing :P

The Crusty Home made Turbo Kit on a stock Lsvtec!

Durring the Disassembly of the Turbo Kit and Taking the Engine out!

Some Head work on the Gsr Head

ItsOldGreg

Re: My Creamy Beige Crx Build

Postby ItsOldGreg » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:12 pm

I'll post a lot more updates on the car later on I just need to get some stuff done around the House!
ItsOldGreg

Postby ItsOldGreg » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:14 pm

This engine was when It had the built 1.8 with type r pistons and balanced rotating assembly

And back out because 1.8 litre leaked as I stated up top so we replaced it with a Jdm b20b high comp 99'

replacement bottom end

Mounted Up and Installed in the vehicle with some other things like Patron coolant overflow, kevlar Wrapped itr header!

Restored Injector harness because 2 had bad signal! (need to replace entire harness)

This is them with 2 silconed into place!

A Rough MOMO woodgrain wheel I picked up for 70$

After Staining and sanding the centre down, I used dark ebony stain for this!

Port matched the 70mm Throttle body to the intake Manifold!

Some Fuel System gauge and lines done in black AN

I plan on running this Spoon N1 I picked up with a electric cutout!
ItsOldGreg

Postby ItsOldGreg » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:26 pm

Strapped on the Dyno ready to get some baseline numbers

I'm not feeling the greatest because my Wiring harness has had a million problems up to this point!

We made 197 Whp with a distributer issue causing misfire and lots of other issues !

Mind you an ap2 with less than 50k did on the dyno and made around 185whp ... being they are rated around 240hp. to the crank.

Picked up some tan leather s2k seats for that Exclusive look

Sitting pretty with the new Hood and seats !

with a new Vw mk3 lip and a new Jdm Sir front hood with no hail damage!
ItsOldGreg

Postby ohisofly » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:51 pm

Welcome to the community :-)b Looks like you're off to a great start.

I had the same mk3 lip on my crx, but looks like you're running two lips?
1991 Crx Si - My build thread

"I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I feel it not. I believe in God even when He is silent." -Written on a wall in a concentration camp
ohisofly

Postby ItsOldGreg » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:32 am

Yeah, it's a Vw Lip bolted to the bottom of the factory lip for that street sweeper look, plus it works well with the splinter I have back in Ontario.

Anyways it's Cold AF here in Alberta and I haven't really done much with the car, but I'm going to be welding some tabs on my traction bar for a place to seat the rad!

Here is a picture showing the tabs I need welded up

first warm day lol

I'll post some more updates later !
ItsOldGreg

Return to The Showroom