(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

1991 crx si!

Show off your CRX. Member rides, pictures, project threads and galleries can go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

1991 crx si!

Postby 91CRXSI_VA » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:53 pm

okay everyone i recently posted a introduction post the other day. i purchased a 1991 crx si! for 1500 bucks! ive always wanted a crx and finally convinced my wife lol. i have previously owned a 91 teg and a 03 civic. i dont know a lot about building them so im very open to all the help and ideas you guys have. now for the route i want to go i really dont know. the motor has 287k still running strong so im going to leave that how it is for now because like i said i dont really have the knowledge on what do to... but im hoping you guys can guide me and help me. a few questions.. in interior is in pretty good shape. should i leave it all completely stock inside? or change out small things to start like the shift knob and little things like that. any ideas are welcome! i know the shift linkage is very loose.. maybe the bushings? how would i go about changing those?
91CRXSI_VA

Re: 1991 crx si!

Postby 91CRXSI_VA » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:39 pm

Any ideas?
91CRXSI_VA

Postby J Wid » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:37 am

The joint at the front of the shift linkage may be worn out, if it is then it would be easier to just replace the linkage. But start with the bushings first, those being replaced always helps restore the feel of it.
J Wid

Postby 91CRXSI_VA » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm

J Wid wrote:The joint at the front of the shift linkage may be worn out, if it is then it would be easier to just replace the linkage. But start with the bushings first, those being replaced always helps restore the feel of it.

okay i ordered a short throw shifter and new energy shifter bushings. hopefully that helps! also i think the next thing i need to do is work on suspension.. my driveway is on a hill. so i don't know if lowering is going to be my best option right now. i'm also on a budget. got any ideas man?
91CRXSI_VA

Return to The Showroom