(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

nihkon's CRX

Show off your CRX. Member rides, pictures, project threads and galleries can go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

nihkon's CRX

Postby robhoy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:15 pm

Awesome CRX, nihkon. The level of care you put into your car is amazing! Makes me feel like a slacker :)

nihkon wrote:Time for some more photos....
Last weekend I went on a canyon cruise with a few friends (JustJesus, dmlemus & fourthgenhatchb17.)

This post made me miss Cali SO much. Not too many twisty mountain roads down here in Florida lol...
-------------
'88 CRX DX
robhoy

Re: nihkon's CRX

Postby nihkon » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:56 pm

robhoy wrote:Awesome CRX, nihkon. The level of care you put into your car is amazing! Makes me feel like a slacker :)

nihkon wrote:Time for some more photos....
Last weekend I went on a canyon cruise with a few friends (JustJesus, dmlemus & fourthgenhatchb17.)

This post made me miss Cali SO much. Not too many twisty mountain roads down here in Florida lol...

Thanks dude!
Yeah, we have a lot of canyons to choose from here in SoCal.
Speaking of....I went on a quick canyon cruise with my brother last weekend. He just bought a new Subaru BRZ. Here are a few pictures from that day.

nihkon

Postby hyperkick » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 pm

Nice Jason! Glad to see the crx come out! :-)b
hyperkick

Postby umop3plsdn3dlus » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:00 pm

Good looking crx, but can we take a sec and step back at the awesome photography here? Looking good, wouldn't mind seeing more
Dustin - Central Texas
umop3plsdn3dlus

Postby nihkon » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:37 pm

^Thanks dudes!

It's been a few months. Time for an update I guess? lol

I'd been having an issue for a while now where my battery light would blip when I hit high rpms (7.5k+)
After a bit of research, it sounded like my alternator was probably on its way out. So I picked up a new one from RockAuto (my first time ordering from them actually. It went smooth enough. Was weird though, not buying oem! lol)
Here are a couple photos of the alternator:

I didn't feel like jacking up the car, removing the driver side wheel, disconnecting the lca, and removing the driver-side axle just to get the alternator out. So I decided to go out from the top. I was still running the original intake manifold gasket that came on my jdm ITR engine years ago, so I figured I can kill two birds. So i pulled off the intake manifold, which game me tons of room to pull the alternator out from the top.

I cleaned up the mating surfaces on the intake manifold and cylinder head, prepping them for a new oem gasket. While I was at it, I picked up new oem gaskets for the throttle body and IACV.

Since I had to drain the coolant in order to pull the intake manifold, I figured that would also be a good time to finally finish a project I started years ago. When I had previously installed my Defi gauges with my old D16a6, I had rigged up a collection of hoses and connectors to attach the water temp. sensor to the back of the block. I was never really happy with that particular setup, and I knew that I wanted to go a different route when I eventually connected the sensor to the B18c5. So I had purchased a new oem water neck, and had my brother tap it for the sensor. That part has been sitting in my garage for years, and now I finally bolted it up to the block.
Here are a couple photos of it:

Now that everything was put back together, it was time to put the radiator drain plug back in, and fill it back up. Well, the [crummy] Mishimoto radiator drain plug snapped in half (with very little torque applied to it.) It turns out that Mishimoto used a really funky size for their radiator drain plug, and it wasn't as easy as just heading to a local hardware store to get something to stick in there. From some research though, it turns out that it's the same size as BMW oil drain plugs. So I was able to source one of those fairly easily. I picked one up from ECS Tuning:

I know none of that is particularly exciting, but my CRX is running good again (I can rev it passed 7.5k for the first time in 8 months!), and I can monitor my water temp. and oil pressure with my Defi gauges again. So it's exciting for me. lol

Also....while I was doing some organizing in my garage recently, I came across my old set of magnetic race numbers. So I just had to slap them on for a photo.
nihkon

Postby vanrij » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:51 pm

Looking good as always. The coolant temp sensor looks professional! I've always had great luck with RockAuto, and you can usually Google search a 5% off coupon for them too.
vanrij

Postby mrmunsell » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:28 pm

Nice work, Nihkon! Your CRX is looking great! I miss that car, but clearly it is in great hands. If you ever get tired of it, just hit me up. :)

Mike
mrmunsell

Postby Robb » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:03 pm

robhoy wrote:The level of care you put into your car is amazing! Makes me feel like a slacker :)

Its not care, its an obsession. :lol:
Robb

Postby nihkon » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:15 pm

vanrij wrote:Looking good as always. The coolant temp sensor looks professional! I've always had great luck with RockAuto, and you can usually Google search a 5% off coupon for them too.

Thanks dude!

Oh...now you tell me about the 5% coupon! lol

mrmunsell wrote:Nice work, Nihkon! Your CRX is looking great! I miss that car, but clearly it is in great hands. If you ever get tired of it, just hit me up. :)

Mike

Thanks Mike!
You know....a couple years ago, I would have said it was probable that I'd let the CRX go someday. But now, I highly doubt it. Plus, I promised Davey that he'd have first dibs to buy it back from me if I were to ever sell it. So it's not looking good for you! haha

Robb wrote:Its not care, its an obsession. :lol:

lol
nihkon

Postby ngrif2020 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:55 pm

I'm about to ejaculate after looking at that car

I haven't followed it the entire time it's been up (actually just joined this week), but how much would you say you've put into it?
ngrif2020

Postby nihkon » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:45 am

^Gross!, but lol! But mostly gross!

As for how much I have into it...man, I don't know. I don't think I even want to know! lol
nihkon

Postby ScottMog » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:29 pm

Jasons car now has a stalker.
EMAIL ME instead if possible. scottmog@gmail.com
Haters gonna hate
ScottMog
BlabberMouth

Postby kracksmith » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:28 pm

in my opinion it's best to put in as much as you want into it. it's better than buying a new car making payments. nothing beats something like this clean.
kracksmith

Postby dmlemus » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:38 pm

Oh updates :mrgreen:
89 CRX Si Build Thread
http://www.crxcommunity.com/vi...29182

B R I D G E P O R T • B U I L T

"Painting is an infinitely minute part of my personality."
-Salvador Dali

Check out my Store!
http://onpointcali.bigcartel.com/

J's Racing /// Active Traction Service /// SunLine Racing