(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

nihkon's CRX

Show off your CRX. Member rides, pictures, project threads and galleries can go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: nihkon's CRX

Postby hyperkick » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:03 pm

Any update? :-)b
hyperkick

Postby nihkon » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:15 pm

Sorry, but no updates. I haven't done anything to it recently. And I rarely drive it now. It just sits in the garage and comes out every 2 months for our local CRX meets. lol

In the meantime, I've been focusing on having fun with my 4Runner:

nihkon

Postby fraglerock » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:15 pm

Nice! Gotta love those light bars. Rig looks like it's coming together nicely.
fraglerock

Postby TYetti » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:54 am

I know those feels !!! I'm just glad we got the crx back stupid thieves my tacoma gets in the way a lot
TYetti

Postby nihkon » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:00 pm

fraglerock wrote:Nice! Gotta love those light bars. Rig looks like it's coming together nicely.

Thanks dude!
And yeah, the led lights work pretty well!

TYetti wrote:I know those feels !!! I'm just glad we got the crx back stupid thieves my tacoma gets in the way a lot
[photol]

Nice Tacoma man! Looks like you're having fun with it too! :D
nihkon

Postby hyperkick » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:55 pm

Any update on the Crx?
hyperkick

Postby justinw » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:26 pm

It's been years since I have owned a CRX, although I still love them. I find my sell from time to time heading back to the community to check up on any progress you have made. Even a while back when you had the white CRX, I always liked your taste in vehicles.
Solid photography skills help as well!

Love the 4Runner also.
Silver 87 CRX hf - vandalized
Flint black 91 CRX Si - wrecked/sold
Flint black 90 CRX Si - sold
2012 VW GTI - sold
2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i
justinw

Postby nihkon » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:53 pm

hyperkick wrote:Any update on the Crx?

Nope. lol
I take it out to our local CRX meet every other month, and I try to get it out on the road about once a month.
Other than that, it just sits in the garage. It's kinda crazy that the last picture I posted of it was over a year ago! lol
One of these days I might get some motivation to start doing things to/with it again.

justinw wrote:It's been years since I have owned a CRX, although I still love them. I find my sell from time to time heading back to the community to check up on any progress you have made. Even a while back when you had the white CRX, I always liked your taste in vehicles.
Solid photography skills help as well!

Love the 4Runner also.

Sorry to disappoint you with no progress though man.
Thanks for the compliments though! :-)b

Since you guys took the time to resurrect this thread, I'll post up a few pictures over the past year from our local bi-monthly CRX meet:

And for those that are interested in the progress with the 4Runner....
since the time of the last photos, I've installed a 1.5" body lift (for a little extra clearance for the tires), and a new front bumper:
nihkon

Postby vanrij » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:12 pm

Still looks great. And I think there is nothing wrong with no updates if the car is as you want it. I mean the whole point of builds is to make a car the way you want and hopefully get to that point and be done.
vanrij

Postby JustJesus » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:58 pm

Get those 4runner pics outta here.

boo

i protest.

You should throw some wax on that crx. make that [crud] POP

Just Racing
JustJesus

nihkon's CRX

Postby MexiChriS » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:33 am

[crud]. I haven't been active or gotten inspiration in awhile, last time I actually dug into your build was back in 2013!

Thanks for the inspiration and minor continuation in the community; talking about that car meet I've been meaning to go to since like 2010 that you still attend lol, since you don't update much on your build apparently...
Anyways, point is your involvement in the community strong! I hopped on to see your build, then immediately hopped off to hit the DMV and register/insure the Rex again due to acknowledgement of neglect on my ride compared to yours. Now I'm online ordering parts for minor tuneup. So next meet, better not get canceled due to rain or no-shows, cause I'm coming up and want to meet the few of you guys that keep it going! Lol

Seriously, give this ride of yours more love though, or at least let me sit it in it so I know what a real minty CRX feels like so I can show it love! Haha
1988 CRX Si (shell) D16z6 OBD1 In Progress <--- Build Thread
1990 Civic Wagon D15b2 (SOLD)
1972 Datsun 240z - L24 w/stock SU Carbs (SOLD)
MexiChriS

Postby hyperkick » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:36 pm

Jason, WooHoo! I am ecstatic to be able to get a chance to see this Crx in person. I have been following this build for 6 years!
hyperkick

Postby nihkon » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:26 pm

vanrij wrote:Still looks great. And I think there is nothing wrong with no updates if the car is as you want it. I mean the whole point of builds is to make a car the way you want and hopefully get to that point and be done.

Thanks man!
I wish that was the case! But nope. I still had tons of plans for this car when I lost motivation a couple years ago.
But....I think I might be finally starting to emerge from that funk. We'll see! haha

JustJesus wrote:Get those 4runner pics outta here.

boo

i protest.

You should throw some wax on that crx. make that [crud] POP

Boo yourself! Get outta here with that!
Sooooo....when are you gonna wax my car then? lol

MexiChriS wrote:[crud]. I haven't been active or gotten inspiration in awhile, last time I actually dug into your build was back in 2013!

Thanks for the inspiration and minor continuation in the community; talking about that car meet I've been meaning to go to since like 2010 that you still attend lol, since you don't update much on your build apparently...
Anyways, point is your involvement in the community strong! I hopped on to see your build, then immediately hopped off to hit the DMV and register/insure the Rex again due to acknowledgement of neglect on my ride compared to yours. Now I'm online ordering parts for minor tuneup. So next meet, better not get canceled due to rain or no-shows, cause I'm coming up and want to meet the few of you guys that keep it going! Lol

Seriously, give this ride of yours more love though, or at least let me sit it in it so I know what a real minty CRX feels like so I can show it love! Haha

Yeah we've been hosting that meet for 10 years now. It's about time you finally make it out! lol
Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad I was able to help inspire you in some way! Maybe I'll start working on it again! :D
See you this Sunday man.

hyperkick wrote:Jason, WooHoo! I am ecstatic to be able to get a chance to see this Crx in person. I have been following this build for 6 years!

Lol! Don't get too excited! You know cars always look better in photos online! Hopefully it doesn't disappoint you too much in person! See you this weekend dude.

As for updates....still none.
Though I did pick up a Toda replica header a year or more ago. (I can't recall if I've already mentioned that before in this thread?) But it's just been collecting dust in the Garage. Maybe one of these days I'll bolt it on. lol Oh wait...I was going to get it coated before install. Now it's all coming back to me. So yeah...I guess I have to do that before I can start wrenching on that.

Also...I've been watching track videos again recently. I think I may finally be starting to come around on starting to track my CRX again. [Mr Smithers...excellent]
nihkon

Postby zrickety » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:45 pm

I love everything but the side skirts. I'm sad the car sits, but glad you are keeping it alive. I couldn't put mine down until the wife and kids took over. In for more track days...
91 CRX Si B16(XSi) viewtopic.php?f=26&t=32702
Current 09 VW GTI 2.0TSI viewtopic.php?f=33&t=60122
BigDare23 wrote:A CRX is a like a gift and a curse.
zrickety

Postby nihkon » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:41 am

zrickety wrote:I love everything but the side skirts. I'm sad the car sits, but glad you are keeping it alive. I couldn't put mine down until the wife and kids took over. In for more track days...

Yeah, the side skirts are a love it or hate it item I think. In their defense, I think they flow better when the front splitter is mounted on the car (see photos below for that.)
I hear ya man. It's been a slow couple of years, just keeping this thing alive, and not doing much with it. I things will be changing soon in that department though. 8)

I do have an update though. I recently picked up a set of wheels from my good friend justjesus. They're 16" SSR Type C's. These are wheels that I've loved for a long time, and actually owned 2 sets in the past. My first set were actually SSR Competitions, 15", light gunmetal with polished lip. The second set were Type C's, 15", full gunmetal. I had to sell both of those sets a while back after I installed my Wilwood calipers, since the spokes were hitting the calipers.

These 16" versions also slightly hit the calipers. I'm guess that they would clear with only a 3mm spacer, but all we had laying around my brothers shop were 10mm spacers. So I decided to try those on for size. Tons of clearance, and I love how they pushed the wheels out to fill in the rolled/pulled fenders. I'm not worried about the larger spacers, since I do run extended studs and lug nuts.

I've never really been a fan of 16" wheels on CRX's. But these have really changed my mind! Overall, I'm completely happy with the look! So happy to have gunmetal Type C's again!

Anyway....on to the photos!

nihkon

Postby Rex All Day » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:02 am

Always, always, always enjoy seeing your car man. Keep it up! :mrgreen: :-)b
Black 1991 CRX Si - 1.6 SOHC ZC motor.
Thread: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=62162
Rex All Day

Postby JustJesus » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:57 pm

nihkon wrote:I've never really been a fan of 16" wheels on CRX's. But these have really changed my mind! Overall, I'm completely happy with the look! So happy to have gunmetal Type C's again!

My job here is done [turns and walks away toward the setting sun]

Just Racing
JustJesus

Postby JustJesus » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:04 pm

nihkon wrote:Boo yourself! Get outta here with that!
Sooooo....when are you gonna wax my car then? lol

Sorry, all detailing jobs will resume in January. Unless I creatively take time off work. Oh, and I have some fresh, brand new, custom wax we can try on your car :-)b

nihkon wrote:Also...I've been watching track videos again recently. I think I may finally be starting to come around on starting to track my CRX again. [Mr Smithers...excellent]

Great. You do this AFTER I sell my track car. D'OH {Homer}. Time to prep the others. haha..the others {haha, Nelson}

Just Racing
JustJesus

Postby CR8 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:39 pm

Fell in love with this car after I recently discovered your thread (late I know)
One of the main reasons I'm revamping my REX. Just picked up my PCI side skirts today and can't wait to install them!
CR8

Postby vanrij » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:25 pm

The 16"s SSRs look fantastic. 16s can looks sooo good on CRXs in my opinion if done right.
vanrij

Postby Hrunner989rex » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:17 pm

what size tires did you put on ?
and the side shirts the 4" or 5" version?
car looks cherry! :-)b
Hrunner989rex

Postby nihkon » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:31 pm

Rex All Day wrote:Always, always, always enjoy seeing your car man. Keep it up! :mrgreen: :-)b

Thanks dude!

JustJesus wrote:My job here is done [turns and walks away toward the setting sun]

Don't walk too fast! I still need to pay you for the wheels! haha

JustJesus wrote:Sorry, all detailing jobs will resume in January. Unless I creatively take time off work. Oh, and I have some fresh, brand new, custom wax we can try on your car :-)b

New wax! Fancy! Though...I still enjoy washing my CRX with the scratchy brush at the do-it-yourself carwash! If I put in the effort for a nice polish job....then I'll start having to do "careful" car washes. I don't think I have time for that!

JustJesus wrote:Great. You do this AFTER I sell my track car. D'OH {Homer}. Time to prep the others. haha..the others {haha, Nelson}

Good timing huh! lol. It's ok man, you'll be spending time/money on your new off-road rig!
I see what you did there with the Homer voice, by the way.

CR8 wrote:Fell in love with this car after I recently discovered your thread (late I know)
One of the main reasons I'm revamping my REX. Just picked up my PCI side skirts today and can't wait to install them!

Thanks man! Just be careful with those side skirts. You'll have to avoid all areas that have speed bumps after you install them!

vanrij wrote:The 16"s SSRs look fantastic. 16s can looks sooo good on CRXs in my opinion if done right.

Thanks! And yeah, I also think it takes just the right 16" wheel.

Hrunner989rex wrote:what size tires did you put on ?
and the side shirts the 4" or 5" version?
car looks cherry! :-)b

They actually came with tires. I'll have to head out to the garage to confirm, but I think they are 205/45/16.
The side skirts are 4"
Thanks dude!
nihkon

Postby hyperkick » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:40 am

Any updates for the new year? :wink:
hyperkick

Postby Teamzero1 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:50 am

that car is soo clean i love it.
Teamzero1

Postby nihkon » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

hyperkick wrote:Any updates for the new year? :wink:

lol. Nope. No updates. I've driven it a half-dozen times this year. Beyond that, it's just sat in the garage on a battery tender.
I do have a few small things that have been on my list for a while. Maybe I'll get to those sometime soon. I'm doubtful though. haha

Teamzero1 wrote:that car is soo clean i love it.

Thanks dude!
nihkon

PreviousNext

Return to The Showroom