Honda CRX Forum banner

My 91 siR Mugen project**now with bigger pics**

36K views 114 replies 35 participants last post by  crxsounds 
#1 ·
Well I decided to start a build thread. hopefully this will motivate me to get things done a little quicker. Here's what she looks like now

And yes that's a real mugen rear bumper!

JDM front end conversion and Carbon fiber hood has definitely seen some better days, Anybody ever try to overlay a new piece of carbon over a cracked hood?

more random pics of her

Tein super street coilovers with the EDFC remote control, and fastbrakes big brake kit. These were on the car when I bought it :bounce:

and this is going in it someday soon

See less See more
#3 ·
can you post a pic of the crack on the hood so i can see how big. when we do carbon fiber repair we use a vacuum curing system. most of the time if the cracks(holes) are small enough we fill them with 9394 b 1/2. you probly dont know what that is but its like a adhesive and an aircraft grade bondo. or if can get some carbon fiber you can repair it but it take about 5 days to cure. i believe its 9396 i dont know the actual chemical names or part numbers.

#5 ·
ace90si said:
can you post a pic of the crack on the hood so i can see how big. when we do carbon fiber repair we use a vacuum curing system. most of the time if the cracks(holes) are small enough we fill them with 9394 b 1/2. you probly dont know what that is but its like a adhesive and an aircraft grade bondo. or if can get some carbon fiber you can repair it but it take about 5 days to cure. i believe its 9396 i dont know the actual chemical names or part numbers.
I was thinking of just Filling the cracks and laying down a layer of carbon fibre cloth, Then doing a few flow coats of epoxy resin on top of that. Then wet sand it smooth.

#6 ·
Well I went crazy with powdercoat! :shock:

Front knuckles, waiting for new splash shields so I can assemble the rest of them.

Even the neuspeed sway bar got the powder treatment.

Cleaned up the old teins

All new bushings

Just waiting on some more parts before this can go back in.

#9 ·
88CReXin said:
Did you disassemble the whole knuckle inluding the bearings before you powder coated them? I'm going to be sending my DA knuckles out soon and was just wondering what I need to take off before I send it.
Yes I pressed out the bearings to get the splash shields off.

#12 ·
well I guess I should update this build with some more pics!

I started to bolt my freshly powder coated parts onto my car when my buddy says "Man you should clean up the wheel wells and respray them with undercoating" Sounded like a good idea...Then about 4 hours later I realized I have to do this to the other side too :shock: Then the engine bay starts to look crappy so I end up painting it as well.

Rear cross member bolted in.

teins all cleaned up and mounted.

Yeah I know they're upside down! and the hubs aren't fully seated...

calipers so fresh...so clean...

Instead of using the old rusty bolts I went to fastenal and got some M6 allen heads with finish washers

Looking for a B series ramhorn turbo manifold(fullrace,afi,peakboost,etc.) Let me know if you have one or know of any good deals out there.

#22 ·
dmlemus said:
I really like the color of your powdercoated parts! What color is that? Like a bronze?
It's called copper vein, it's from eastwood. I really like it, but the pictures don't do it justice at all though. It has a textured finish with little specks of black in it too.

And the valve cover is annodized red from eastwood as well.

#23 ·
B53p said:
It's looking great! so what other Mugen parts will you be putting on it?
So far I have the front and rear bumpers, pedals, and some other little interior stuff. I plan on buying a replica mugen wing, and maybe some mugen wheels? I haven't decided yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.