(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Ohisofly's 91 si project - her name is Kimmy

Show off your CRX. Member rides, pictures, project threads and galleries can go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Ohisofly's 91 si project - her name is Kimmy

Postby Claysonw » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:19 pm

What are you doing with the old engine?
My 1991 CRX Si Build (in progress): viewtopic.php?f=26&t=81777
Claysonw

Postby ohisofly » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:12 pm

Claysonw wrote:What are you doing with the old engine?

Donating what I can to the b20, using the head on another motor and selling what's left
1991 Crx Si - My build thread

"I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I feel it not. I believe in God even when He is silent." -Written on a wall in a concentration camp
ohisofly

Postby KevinEF7 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:57 pm

That sucks man [crummy] to hear about the motor being your final straw for the car
KevinEF7

Postby ohisofly » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:31 am

Time for my bi-annual update :lol:

Here's the jdm b20, it's a b20b iirc. Picked it up for $300 8)

I got the engine from jdm engine depot, so according to them it has somewhere around 60k on it. After doing a cylinder leakage test I discovered a valve in cylinder 4 that wasn't sealing completely. Ultimately I decided to just rip apart the engine even though I'm sure it would have ran just fine.

When I had the engine apart I lapped the valves, honed the cylinders, installed new rings, and swapped over my arp head studs and rod bolts from the old engine.This is after I put the b20 back together.

Heart transplant complete

This is what it currently looks like

Right now I'm just trying to get it running properly. I have an xenocron basemap chip in the ecu because Crome was giving me issues and I really don't have time to mess with it. The engine started up first try but it sounded absolutely horrible, and after doing some digging it seems like I either put the timing belt on wrong or it jumped (I'm not sure which to be honest).

After I get it running right it needs an alignment, exhaust, and inspection. With the b20 being a little taller than the ls, my old exhaust doesn't seem like it'll fit so I'll have to figure out something for that. Then I will finally be done working on this thing since I'll be giving it to my brother. Well at least till till it's time to turbo it again :mrgreen:

I haven't decided if I want to keep my other crx or not yet, but need to decide soon since I need a more reliable daily.

"I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I feel it not. I believe in God even when He is silent." -Written on a wall in a concentration camp
ohisofly

Postby ohisofly » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:32 am

Turns out the timing belt did indeed jump, it is running much better now :mrgreen:

ohisofly

Postby ohisofly » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:00 pm

Bump from the dead :lol:

After a bunch of headaches this thing is finally getting towed this weekend to get an alignment/inspection.

Then time to see if it survives on the dyno 8)

ohisofly

Postby Cementups » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:46 pm

ohisofly wrote:Bump from the dead :lol:

After a bunch of headaches this thing is finally getting towed this weekend to get an alignment/inspection.

Then maybe a trip to Eric's meet north of Reading next month??
Cementups

Postby ohisofly » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:08 pm

* double post
Last edited by ohisofly on Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohisofly

Postby ohisofly » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:11 pm

ohisofly wrote:
Cementups wrote:
ohisofly wrote:Bump from the dead :lol:

Then maybe a trip to Eric's meet north of Reading next month??

April 24th - I should be able to make that :mrgreen:

ohisofly

Postby ohisofly » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:13 pm

Towed it to the shop yesterday to get aligned/inspected 8)

ohisofly

Postby ohisofly » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:36 am

The car finally got tuned 8) Made 122 hp, I don't remember what the torque was. I really wasn't concerned with what it made, I just needed someone who knew what they were doing to tune the car

https://www.youtube.com/embed/D4503EhKHf8

It was nice to drive it since it's been off the road since November 2013. There were definitely some bugs that came up while tuning it but the tuner (Art at http://www.ycunderground.com/) was really chill about it. It's on eCtune so I can finally do cool stuff like check codes with the gas pedal and use two-step :lol:

After getting it tuned the next day I went to Gifford Pinchot State Park to get some pictures

As of now I need to sort out a few little things but the engine seems to be running strong - it has roughly 100 miles on the rebuild so far and no major issues yet :-)b

After a local crx meet on April 24th I'll be officially gifting this car to my younger brother :cry: I really don't have the time right now to give this thing the attention it needs. Looking forward to seeing some of you guys at the meet

ohisofly

Postby tommy » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:36 am

Wow. I'm probably pretty much older than you, but feel free to pretend I'm your younger brother. :D

We can discuss the details at the meet. :-)b

Car looks awesome; love that vc.
1990 ZcSi
tommy

Postby ohisofly » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:32 am

tommy wrote:Wow. I'm probably pretty much older than you, but feel free to pretend I'm your younger brother. :D

We can discuss the details at the meet. :-)b

Car looks awesome; love that vc.

Yea he's definitely getting lucky 8)

Thanks! It's called 'translucent purple'. It does feel weird having a ls valve cover on a b20b but oh well :lol:

ohisofly

Postby ohisofly » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:52 pm

Saved my 3000th post for some good news - in a few weeks I'll be buying my crx back from my little brother 8) Might drive it for a little bit but it'll be going under the knife again for turbo attempt #2

Aside from little things not a whole lot has changed with the car over the last year. I have my tunerview 2 screen working now, little brother installed a quick release and different steering wheel but iirc that's basically it. Also had my welded engine mount from a few years ago break so replaced it with the updated billet version

Stay tuned gentlemen

ohisofly

Postby tommy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:31 pm

Congrats. Always good to keep a car like that in the family. Niagara is only a couple of months away. :-)b
1990 ZcSi
tommy

Postby ohisofly » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:58 pm

tommy wrote:Congrats. Always good to keep a car like that in the family. Niagara is only a couple of months away. :-)b

Thanks man, I couldn't be happier to have it back. If the turbo build is done by then I plan on going 8)

ohisofly

Postby ohisofly » Mon May 01, 2017 5:29 pm

Just picked this up 8)

Borg warner s300sx3, it's a 66/73mm so should be more than enough for my goals (shooting for 600hp)

Current plans although I'm open to suggestions:
- eagle rods
- weisco pistons
- arp headstuds / rod bolts
- honda bearings
- either block filler / posting or css
- supertech valve springs and just lap the valves
- b16 head (already have it with blox intake manifold)
- use current cable ls trans and stage 5 action clutch
- use current 900cc injectors
- use current fuel lab fpr to crank up fuel pressure
- currently have rewired 255 fuel pump, sure I'll need to upgrade this though
- some type of homemade catch can setup
- little brother is a welder so I'll have him make a new manifold and do all ic/exhaust welding
- need to pick a new intercooler since I doubt stock evo9 intercooler would be ideal

ohisofly

Previous

Return to The Showroom