(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Ohisofly's 91 si project - her name is Kimmy

Show off your CRX. Member rides, pictures, project threads and galleries can go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Ohisofly's 91 si project - her name is Kimmy

Postby ohisofly » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:26 pm

That's pretty interesting, thanks for the information.

Were you referring to the built in restrictor that I mentioned in my last post?
1991 Crx Si - My build thread

"I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I feel it not. I believe in God even when He is silent." -Written on a wall in a concentration camp
ohisofly

Postby Dr_Drache » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:38 pm

ohisofly wrote:That's pretty interesting, thanks for the information.

no, I somehow glazed over that.
IIRC a .5 or .65 restrictor is good. what you linked is just a AN flange. with a restricted hole.

you said your line is a NPT line? in that case, I'd get a NPT threaded restrictor.
Dr_Drache

Postby KevinEF7 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:45 pm

A .5mm hole is only .019", seems much to small, most I see recommended are .065" which is 1.65mm for journal bearing
KevinEF7

Postby Dr_Drache » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:46 pm

KevinEF7 wrote:A .5mm hole is only .019", seems much to small, most I see recommended are .065" which is 1.65mm for journal bearing

you are right, I missed the "
Dr_Drache

Postby KevinEF7 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:49 pm

I would wait to start up the car until you get it restricted aswell, its not going to love 65+psi

Love that manifold, hope it holds well for you
KevinEF7

Postby ohisofly » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:37 am

Dr_Drache wrote:

IIRC a .5 or .65 restrictor is good. what you linked is just a AN flange. with a restricted hole.

you said your line is a NPT line? in that case, I'd get a NPT threaded restrictor.

Yea I bought a fitting from lowes that fits, but according to the link on eBay it is AN threads so maybe the fitting I bought from lowes doesn't fit as good as I thought.

KevinEF7 wrote:I would wait to start up the car until you get it restricted aswell, its not going to love 65+psi

Sounds good & thanks man 8)

"I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I feel it not. I believe in God even when He is silent." -Written on a wall in a concentration camp
ohisofly

Postby displaynameherex » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:06 am

ohisofly wrote:
Dr_Drache wrote:

Yea I bought a fitting from lowes that fits, but according to the link on eBay it is AN threads so maybe the fitting I bought from lowes doesn't fit as good as I thought.

KevinEF7 wrote:I would wait to start up the car until you get it restricted aswell, its not going to love 65+psi

:-)b just spent like an hour reading over this build thread. I'm on my second crx and like 4th or 5th honda altogether. This makes me want to get off my butt and get started on the my crx project car too
displaynameherex

Postby ohisofly » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:35 am

displaynameherex wrote:
ohisofly wrote:
Dr_Drache wrote:

:-)b just spent like an hour reading over this build thread. I'm on my second crx and like 4th or 5th honda altogether. This makes me want to get off my butt and get started on the my crx project car too

Glad to hear this thread is giving your some motivation :-)b

ohisofly

Postby ohisofly » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:54 pm

Finally got the fpr mounted

Jb weld action (there was another drain on this pan for a normal hose but I'm going to cap that off)

ohisofly

Postby crxvtec91 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:13 am

IDK if it helps or not, BUT you really dont need that fpr. Good part is its not a junk aem one.

Anyways you can convert the oem fuel rail to a -6an. For my crx I need a -6an in and out so I converted it.

My build thread: http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16812

500hp and 450ft/lbs @30psi

LOOK, go to UserControlPanel->UsercontrolPanel->Profile->UPDATE YOUR DAMN LOCATIONS K?
crxvtec91

Postby ohisofly » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:13 pm

crxvtec91 wrote:IDK if it helps or not, BUT you really dont need that fpr. Good part is its not a junk aem one.

Anyways you can convert the oem fuel rail to a -6an. For my crx I need a -6an in and out so I converted it.

That is pretty baller I must say 8) HiProfile recommended that I get a fpr to keep the fuel pressure more stable

ohisofly

Postby ohisofly » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:18 pm

New dx rack from eBay since my rack got donated to a civic wagon :lol: Also got some moog outer tie rods for this thing. My energy bushings also got donated to the wagon so I bought prothane bushings for the rack.

Got the fpr hooked up

Other than that I put the oil pan back on and put the rear upper control arms back in (this thing has been a parts car lately). The only "big" projects left are getting the tunerview 2 to work and finish retro fitting it in the cluster, along with buying a small battery and relocating it in the lock box.

ohisofly

Postby crxvtec91 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:19 pm

Tuner view 2 is cool but the new tunerview app for android is simply badass! The built in racemode display with the [crud] light!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umkRTjdfQAs

http://www.hrtuning.com/
My build thread: http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16812

500hp and 450ft/lbs @30psi

LOOK, go to UserControlPanel->UsercontrolPanel->Profile->UPDATE YOUR DAMN LOCATIONS K?
crxvtec91

Postby ohisofly » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:51 am

That app does seem pretty cool, but I'm going with the tunerview 2 as long as I can get it to work with crome (I was having issues previously when I tried to get it to work).

If anyone wants to help me out with my no start problem that'd be much appreciated

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=150233

ohisofly

Postby ohisofly » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:29 am

Now the car turns over but doesn't start, can anyone input some tuning wisdom? I kept adjusting the fuel pressure and the fuel values in the fuel multiplier table which made things a little better but I never got it to idle by itself.

Also, does anyone know where the iacv plug is on the engine harness? The only cel I have is for the iacv which I know is extremely important while trying to start this thing, and originally I didn't have it plugged in. I saw that the same part of the harness that goes on the back of the block for the alternator had a coolant sensor/plug that was the same, so I tried plugging that in but the code still didn't go away.

ohisofly

Postby Dr_Drache » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:46 am

you might have your TPS/IACV plugs reversed.
Dr_Drache

Postby ohisofly » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:47 am

I originally thought that but I had a label on the tps plug that said tps so I don't think I did, I'll have to look at it more on the weekend

ohisofly

Postby ohisofly » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:11 pm

Last night I ordered some 16 gauge sheet metal to make a battery mount; I'm going to see if I can make the stock battery fit behind the bumper as is and hope for the best. If it doesn't fit then I'll either delete my washer tank or get a pc680, but I'd really prefer to not get a smaller battery as I don't think it'd be very reliable. We'll see I guess.

I also ordered a circuit breaker and some ring terminals, but I'm going to wait until the weekend to see how the battery fits. I think I'll be good running 4 gauge wire to the starter if the battery is behind the front bumper, but if I end up putting it in the trunk then I'll probably just end up going with 2 gauge and putting a cutoff on the back of the car

ohisofly

Postby Tian90crx » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:28 am

Same thing has happened to me twice. It's usually the cap and/or rotor. No joke also they're cheap
Aftermarket Quality Turbo, Suspension, interior parts FOR SALE http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=156674
Tian90crx

Postby ohisofly » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:05 pm

^ It ended up being the map sensor, I'm not sure why because I set it up for the 3 bar but once I changed it back to the stock map it started right up.

Got this welded :lol:

As of now it's impossible for me to run a high beam bulb but I'm glad that a filter fits in there

8)

I ended up getting it running but it was extremely rich (like 10 afr), tried messing with the tune but just ended up in the car not starting so I'll mess with it again next weekend

ohisofly

Postby chunney » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:00 pm

PC680 is the way to go. It will be fine as long as your car has no parasitic drains. I found this company that makes a bracket for it exactly like the PW:JDM one except its aluminum. They have one powdercoated black for a couple bucks more. I'd splurge for the odyssey charger and use the pigtail to trickle your battery when you're not planning on driving it for extended periods of time.
http://www.portablepower.com/PC680_Battery_Box_-_Unf

Here's mine:
chunney

Postby ohisofly » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:10 pm

chunney wrote:PC680 is the way to go. It will be fine as long as your car has no parasitic drains. I found this company that makes a bracket for it exactly like the PW:JDM one except its aluminum. They have one powdercoated black for a couple bucks more. I'd splurge for the odyssey charger and use the pigtail to trickle your battery when you're not planning on driving it for extended periods of time.

Here's mine:

Thanks for the link, as of now I got the stock battery to fit where the washer reservoir was but if I end up buying a battery I'll probably pick the pc680.

ohisofly

Postby MR.SNAIL » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:55 pm

chunney wrote:PC680 is the way to go. It will be fine as long as your car has no parasitic drains. I found this company that makes a bracket for it exactly like the PW:JDM one except its aluminum. They have one powdercoated black for a couple bucks more. I'd splurge for the odyssey charger and use the pigtail to trickle your battery when you're not planning on driving it for extended periods of time.

He speaks the truth, my aftermarket car alarm will drain my pc680 in 2 weeks if left un started.
MR.SNAIL

Postby Dr_Drache » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:52 pm

MR.SNAIL wrote:

He speaks the truth, my aftermarket car alarm will drain my pc680 in 2 weeks if left un started.

sounds like a good reason NOT to get a pc680.
Dr_Drache

Postby ohisofly » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:11 pm

Well long story short after my first test drive it started knocking

I think this is the result of cranking it a billion times (without starting) while trying to mess with the tune. A month or so ago the engine was ripped out and here's how it sits today

If everything goes as planned I'll be picking up a jdm b20 this weekend, and once I get it running I'll be giving the car to my little brother :| It's been fun but right now I don't have the time/money to mess with it. I still have my daily crx so at least I'm not leaving for good :lol:

ohisofly

PreviousNext

Return to The Showroom