(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Nar's RRR (rio red rex) Pics updated

Show off your CRX. Member rides, pictures, project threads and galleries can go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Nar's RRR (rio red rex) Pics updated

Postby Nar » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:54 am

Hey gang! My name is Ragnar and well, it took me long enough to post photos. :D I got my Crx on May the 20th of this year and been a member here since July, though i've been around these parts before i even got my Crx. Where to start......... well this is actually the second Crx that i've been lucky enough to drive, the first being a tahitian green 91 si that ended very abruptly. I along with my sister somehow survived that night unscathed and thankful to be alive, but that's another story for another time.

Fast forward to 8 years later and i still couldn't shake the awesomeness (that was driving the Crx) from my system. I've been so set on getting another one at some point that i would constantly keep looking up crx's on craigslist or wherever i saw them for sale. :D My good friend Chris ( from now on refered to as "Chan" ) who is also pretty nuts about cars would check for me as well from time to time and fire them my way while we were at work or just hangin out.

So, May rolls around and i spot this red 91 si add on craigslist with some photos of a non butchered crx with respectable mileage. 223,000 km i believe. Since most other once i saw were over 300xxx and up with crazy kits and really horrible looking swaps, this really grabbed me by the balls. It was never lowered and was very well maintained. I wasn't sure though as that was just an add and people claim a lot of crazy things online so we went out to North Vancouver (shout out to my fellow vancouver people) to check it out. And there it was, in all its shiny, waxy, glossy, freshly applied meguire's tire black awesomeness!

Chan and I check the car out and as always for it being a 20 year old car there were some blemishes but the thing that sealed the deal was after i sat in the car and fired up the engine. Like butter without any hesitation the car started up like it was new. Like getting reacquainted with a long lost friend. I had to have it, so i asked the guy what the price was and he said the best offer he's gotten so far was $1800. So i slept on it and thought about it for around 3 days! Called him, negotiated and settled on $2070.............and then

First day home

Chan came with me to pick up the car and we drove back to my place after. I've always been a big fan of his ae86! He was a huge influence on me picking up the car, my girlfriend sealed the deal when she said " you've thought about it too much, just get it!"

Old cars are awesome!!

That was a really good day

Even Pepper likes it!!

Also the first thing that came to mind when i sat in the car, for some reason was donkey kong. I have since taken to the idea of naming my crx "Kong"! I will add more pics in the next coming days. Thanks for reading and sorry for the wall of text! :) :D
Last edited by Nar on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:20 am, edited 10 times in total.
My CRX Si
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=43328
"And the CRX still wins on design; aerodynamic block sander beats lumpy egg every time."
Nar

Re: Hello all!! My 91 si and I

Postby Baker » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:21 am

Seems like a fair price for a solid looking bone stock example!
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby nihkon » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:33 am

It looks super clean! Nice pick up! :-)b
nihkon

Postby Oscar » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:43 am

Nice cars :-)b
Oscar

Postby klee1 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:55 am

Baker wrote:Seems like a fair price for a solid looking bone stock example!

Awesome find for 2k bone stock. :-)b
klee1

Postby Nar » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:32 pm

Thanks guys! It even came with the stock radio as well. I was thinking of changing it out but i quite like it. I just bought a tape adapter so i can listen to my ipod :D.
My CRX Si
"And the CRX still wins on design; aerodynamic block sander beats lumpy egg every time."
Nar

Postby Bryan. » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:10 pm

wow, i wish those type of deals would appear in south florida :cry:
Bryan.

Postby Nar » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:14 pm

Baker wrote:Seems like a fair price for a solid looking bone stock example!

Indeed Baker, couldn't have come at a better time too. It just all worked out great!

It looks super clean! Nice pick up! :-)b

Thanks Nikhon, your car is definitely a great inspiration! :D

Nice cars :-)b

Thanks Oscar. The AE has also just had some body work done so its in specially nice condition! :D My ride has a small spot of rust on the rear passenger side wheel well that i plan on getting fixed sometime in the warmer side of spring.

Awesome find for 2k bone stock. :-)b

Totally agree man, i think the hardest part was not putting down money on ones i could have gotten sooner, but were also not in as great shape.

Almost bought a 94 Prelude in 2008, test drove it and was really unimpressed. Felt like driving my sisters rav4.
Almost bought a 94 Integra in 2009. Really nice condition although it wasn't a gsr. Test drove it and it felt like a slightly bigger Crx and very responsive great handling car. I was a little slow on deciding so it got sold on the day was ready to buy.

But i guess things happen for a reason! :D I only looked at those cars cause the crx selection at the time was seeming pretty bleak.

wow, i wish those type of deals would appear in south florida :cry:

I know how you feel man, i waited 8 long years to come by a good one. :D I just wish i was a little younger, cause now i have some actual bills, so money is not as easy to let go. :D Lol
My CRX Si
Nar

Postby klee1 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:33 pm

Guess the guy didn't know the value of his ride;)
I notice the door handles are painted same color as the car, did the guy do a new paint job?
Sweet deal cause you even got the sunroof visor.

I picked up my stock 91 si for 5k, you got yourself a hell of a deal for 2k all stock. :-)b
klee1

Postby 91TREXSi » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:43 pm

looks so minty clean ...looks like you got a good deal :-)b
91TREXSi

Postby Nar » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:34 pm

Guess the guy didn't know the value of his ride;)
I notice the door handles are painted same color as the car, did the guy do a new paint job?
Sweet deal cause you even got the sunroof visor.

I picked up my stock 91 si for 5k, you got yourself a hell of a deal for 2k all stock. :-)b

:D I think the guy was looking for a quick sale and he was pretty knowledgeable about the Crx. It was pretty cool of him to let it go for that price though! :D

Canadian crx had door handles and side mirrors painted the same color as the car. I am a big fan of the black handles and black mirrors though, so i'm thinking about that as something i might do when i go in for a paint job. Oh and also pillar mounted seatbelts for all model years.

I wouldn't mind paying 5k as well if it was in good shape, but yes, it was a hell of a deal.

looks so minty clean ...looks like you got a good deal :-)b

Thanks man. Just a case of all things lining up perfectly. :D
My CRX Si
Nar

Postby Nar » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:04 am

Some interior shots :)
I replaced the oem crx steering wheel with an lx civic one. They're a bit lighter and stiffer.

The seats are in really good shape still, no tears yet

small tear on the door panel

i have since changed to a civic si shiftknob. will get pictures when its not raining

my permanent passengers. also i have a cracked climate control.
Last edited by Nar on Sat May 07, 2011 3:52 am, edited 8 times in total.
My CRX Si
Nar

Re: Hello all!! My 91 si and I *(interior shots update sept

Postby Brezzent » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:31 am

if only... i could find a rex not hacked... and not destroyed for that price haha. nice find.
Brezzent

Postby Nar » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:42 pm

Brezzent wrote:if only... i could find a rex not hacked... and not destroyed for that price haha. nice find.

They are getting pretty hard to come by these days. Though there are a couple that pop up every now and then but they do charge a little more, usually in the 3k range.The most i've seen is the jdm with a glasstop and that was going for 7k
My CRX Si
Nar

Postby Brezzent » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:16 pm

seen one sold i believe a lil more then 10 grand. it only had 28k miles on it tho :shock:
Brezzent

Postby Nar » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:14 pm

Brezzent wrote:seen one sold i believe a lil more then 10 grand. it only had 28k miles on it tho :shock:

Jeez thats so new! If something like that came up i wish i had 10g's to blow! :-)b i love these cars!
My CRX Si
Nar

Postby Baker » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:04 am

Nar wrote:Image

i have since changed to a civic si shiftknob. will get pictures when its not raining

Which Si?
The addition of the sedan wheel looks good too.
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby Nar » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:05 pm

Baker wrote:
Nar wrote:Image

Which Si?
The addition of the sedan wheel looks good too.

Thanks Baker! The knob is from this model civic
My CRX Si
Nar

Postby Nar » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:16 am

So its been a long time. :D I've been so busy with work since I got the car that I haven't been able to work on it as much. But since my gig is up animating on bobs burgers i've got more time to do more things for the car.

I was able to score some k1's a couple of months ago. They were white and pretty scuffed up. So I am now in the process of repainting them to a metallic silver. Here is the prep work, sanding down the old paint befor spraying the etching primer.

On the left is the primed wheel and on the right is the painted wheel.

This is the finished wheel with the clear coat. Coated it 3 times. Hopefully I did a good job and it doesnt peel anytime soon :D

I've also gotten my hands on a climate control to replace my broken one. Just waiting for better weather. Peace out guys be back with more updates soon.
My CRX Si
Nar

Nar's RRR (rio red rex) Updated

Postby Nar » Sat May 07, 2011 3:45 am

Just some random pictures i`ve been hanging on to. Thought i might as well post them up. :D :-)b

I got a couple of parts i need to put into the car when the weather gets warmer. Tomorrow i`m going to pick up a set of amber corner lights! Further into the summer she`s going into the shop for some body work to take care of the rust. Still need to finish painting my K1's and get some new tires. Any suggestions?
My CRX Si
Nar

Re: Nar's RRR (rio red rex) Updated

Postby shelbyz4u2nv » Sat May 07, 2011 8:36 am

amazing price on that car man, ours seem to be in VERY similar condition. i just paid 3k for mine and had to fight over it with 4 others who were interested... the only suggestion i have for it, is to continue to take car of it :-)b
shelbyz4u2nv

Re: Nar's RRR (rio red rex) Updated

Postby Nar » Sat May 07, 2011 1:28 pm

Thanks Shelby. Its funny you mention that because I felt the same way when I was checking your ride out. :-)b I'm saving up mostly to take care of the basic stuff right now, like body work and the head gasket. Ill pick up some small inexpensive things here and there to help with the caars looks but nothing crazy. I liike the idea of small subtle details.

I'm still surprised I picked the car up for that price. I think we got pretty lucky with our rides man. :-)
My CRX Si
Nar

Re: Nar's RRR (rio red rex) Pictures

Postby Nar » Sat May 07, 2011 6:15 pm

Took a picture of my small collection of things that are goin on the car at some point during the summer.

Climate control from fellow community member 1cr_xxx(thanks man). Decorative valve stem caps with the honda logo! :D Got it for 5 bucks, will throw them on the K1's when they're done. On the right, a rim from a set of factory acura el's. I didn't know this but they were made by enkie, i'll be throwing some winter tires on those later this year.

I'm also waiting for other parts today! Been a great week for parts.
My CRX Si
Nar

Postby GruvRegulator » Sat May 07, 2011 6:58 pm

Good find man!! and a GREAT price!! It's interesting to see the small differences between the USDM and Canadian versions of the car. I'm diggin those k1 rims ya got; they should look pretty sweet on the car when you get em on there!! As always; post more PIX!! :biggrin: Seems like a lot of us have had some really good luck with CraigsList and used stock CRXes!! Sucks about the cracked climate control; but it looks like you got that taken care of! Is that a new Climate Control unit or did you just replace the plastic face on it? Just curious. Any big plans with the car or are you gonna leave it stock?
GruvRegulator
1991 CRX Si NH-526M
http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=48567
DJ, Android, and CRX Enthusiast
GruvRegulator

Postby Nar » Sat May 07, 2011 8:05 pm

GruvRegulator wrote:Good find man!! and a GREAT price!! It's interesting to see the small differences between the USDM and Canadian versions of the car. I'm diggin those k1 rims ya got; they should look pretty sweet on the car when you get em on there!! As always; post more PIX!! :biggrin: Seems like a lot of us have had some really good luck with CraigsList and used stock CRXes!! Sucks about the cracked climate control; but it looks like you got that taken care of! Is that a new Climate Control unit or did you just replace the plastic face on it? Just curious. Any big plans with the car or are you gonna leave it stock?

Thanks man! I was actually thinking of painting my mirrors and door handles black like the Usdm ones. A best of both worlds kinda thing. :D I got the climate control from fellow member cr_xxx for a pretty good price, also cause my cracked ones lights aren't working anymore. Totally agree with the craigslist thing, usually its just really waiting to pounce on good deals when they come up.

As for the future plans with the rex. Really basic stuff for now. Rust, leaks, bushings, head gasket and sunroof. Its going in for body work when it gets warmer, and then maybe a complete repaint next year. I really want to work on my suspension as well later this year after the k1's are done. Gonna try and drop it by maybe 1.5 inches. I'm really liking the mileage i'm getting with the a6 so swaps are out of the question right now, but most likely changing headers and an intake for just a little bit more power. I'm really light as well so at 125lbs i don't really need that much power. :D Whatever the rex lacks in power i make up for in my lack of weight!! LOL Other than that i just really want a clean looking fairly close to stock ride! :) :-)b
My CRX Si
Nar

Next

Return to The Showroom