(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Nar's RRR (rio red rex) Pics updated

Show off your CRX. Member rides, pictures, project threads and galleries can go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Nar's RRR (rio red rex) Pics updated

Postby stelios » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:56 pm

The autox was awesome! So much fun. You should come out this weekend. Sunday July 7th at Pitt Meadows Airport. Check-in closes at 845, racing starts at 9. Come check it out :-)b Or even better, join in the competition.
froggy_prelude wrote:do u have a vigiana :D

-Angelo-
1991 Rio Red CRX Si
'91 CRX Si Build
stelios

Postby Nar » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:00 pm

Ahhhh man, i would love to but work has got me in a bind for the next couple of weeks. Have a good time though and take some pics. I'll let you know when my sched opens up we should def do that mini meet and get some grub. :-)b
My CRX Si
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=43328
"And the CRX still wins on design; aerodynamic block sander beats lumpy egg every time."
Nar

Postby Nar » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:32 pm

Today i had one of my first old car moments. :) On my way to work a lady in a Nissan Quest caught up to me at a stop light on Main and 16th and started the conversation by asking what year my CRX was. I told her it was a 90, she then said she owned and 88 si and that it was her first car or something to that effect and how she missed it. She also asked how i liked the car and if i loved it and how long i've had it for, and while answering her questions i noticed her eyes looking at every corner of the CRX. She said the car was in great shape and asked me what the mileage to which i replied 285,000Km to which i got a resounding "Awesome"! Then the light turned green and we smiled and waved good bye.

Was a great way to start the day. :) Its nice to see that people have such fond memories of these little cars.
My CRX Si
"And the CRX still wins on design; aerodynamic block sander beats lumpy egg every time."
Nar

Postby Robb » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:49 pm

lol ^^ I get that almost daily...
Robb

Postby nvroutgund » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:16 am

Same here! Not daily but at least once or twice a week. It's always the generation before me, people in their 30s. They ask questions and reminisce about how they had one in high school or whatever. It's always a fun conversation.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2
D16 '87 CRX--will be missed
1991 CRX Si--current love

Check her out! viewtopic.php?f=26&t=60943&p=651239#p651239
nvroutgund

Postby Nar » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:47 pm

Robb wrote:lol ^^ I get that almost daily...

Hahaha, nice! CRX's are still fairly common in Vancouver and are still not widely considered vintage. Not to mention they get lost in a slew of higher end cars especially in the downtown core.
nvroutgund wrote:Same here! Not daily but at least once or twice a week. It's always the generation before me, people in their 30s. They ask questions and reminisce about how they had one in high school or whatever. It's always a fun conversation.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

:) They are definitely the ones who owned our cars before us. Hahaha, I say that but i actually am almost 30, and i had one in highschool! The CRX is a curious sort of car, even people who aren't particularly fond of Hondas seem to view them in good light.
My CRX Si
Nar

Postby Robb » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:56 pm

Nar wrote: The CRX is a curious sort of car, even people who aren't particularly fond of Hondas seem to view them in good light.

This is true.
Robb

Postby RexSupial » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:05 pm

I get that look from time to time. It's always good to see people appreciate a CRX.
The work in Progress: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=47995

"When in doubt, give her the d!"
RexSupial

Postby NRT_Chris » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:11 pm

I had a guy get out in a drive threw at jack in the box ask me about mine.
NRT_Chris

Postby TYetti » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:19 pm

I have mainly girls saying "i had one of those" or "i love your car its so cute" for random comments Lol
TYetti

Postby Mr_Tomcat » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:48 am

hey man i love your CRX!
i happen to work around the area and see your CRX & your friend's mini everyday (in fact, your studio was our old office lol)
if you don't mind perhaps you could give me a ride some time! :D
Mr_Tomcat

Postby g4crx » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:19 am

I got followed once for 3 miles and thought I was gonna get car jacked, only to find out the guy wanted to know if I would sell the CRX. :lol:
1991 CR-X SiR Mugen Glass Roof
2007 RX-8 231PS MS
1991 Glass Roof Si EF7, 1993 BB1 Prelude, 2005 Lexus IS200 [SOLD]

Build thread
g4crx

Postby Nar » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:41 am

Well it's been a while. :) Not a whole lot new just finally got some free time to snap some quick shots. Was not particularly happy with the bulk of the photos but there were some okay ones.

Let's start in the parking garage. This mint RX-7 is in my GF's condo's underground parking and in the 8 years we've been going out i have never seen it move, not once. But its dust free so the owner must come down to clean it once in a while.

The story is the same for this white MR2. Its moved twice so its doing better.
There isn't much to report on the CRX. These are the latest things i've thrown on. :)
I drove around Vancity but most of the shots didn't turn out. I really need a tripod. :D I will probably come back to this spot, the lights in the back are super cool and make for an awesome backdrop.
This was near a VW dealership i wasn't really planning on stopping by but the way the light hit the leaves made me want to try and see what results i could get. Was really hard to find a good angle and this one isn't nearly what i was looking for but it turned out not too bad.
This last shot was not too far from the VW dealership but there was a patch of light that hit the ground nicely and there were enough leaves and shadows to help make things interesting.
Last edited by Nar on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
My CRX Si
Nar

Postby Nar » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:02 am

Robb wrote:
Nar wrote: The CRX is a curious sort of car, even people who aren't particularly fond of Hondas seem to view them in good light.

This is true.

:)

NRT_Chris wrote:I had a guy get out in a drive threw at jack in the box ask me about mine.

It's when you least expect it. Last week i was gassing up at a chevron and the clerk asked me how low the km's were. I told him i was 10k off from hitting 300k. He said "WHOA"! Said if i ever plan on selling i know where to find him. :D

RexSupial wrote:I get that look from time to time. It's always good to see people appreciate a CRX.

It is. And specially in a good way. :)

TYetti wrote:I have mainly girls saying "i had one of those" or "i love your car its so cute" for random comments Lol

Hahaha! I've gotten "Aww you're cute like your car", "Your car is cute like you" Or "You and your car are so small, its cute!" :D

Mr_Tomcat wrote:hey man i love your CRX!
i happen to work around the area and see your CRX & your friend's mini everyday (in fact, your studio was our old office lol)
if you don't mind perhaps you could give me a ride some time! :D

:D Hey man, thanks! We're usually at the parking out back. If you see a couple of asian guys hanging out back come by and say hi! I'm the shorter one 99% of the time. :D
The building is brutal no AC in the summer! :D Was that why you guys moved?

g4crx wrote:I got followed once for 3 miles and thought I was gonna get car jacked, only to find out the guy wanted to know if I would sell the CRX. :lol:

Lol seriously i thought i pissed of the owner of the van. Glad to hear i'm not the only one a little bit paranoid. :D
My CRX Si
Nar

Postby Leon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:41 am

Still looking good Nar, looking to buy another CRX myself, this time a red one, not sure though, would mean I have to sell the EG. Great story about the lady in the Nissan :D
Leon

Postby Nar » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:07 pm

Leon wrote:Still looking good Nar, looking to buy another CRX myself, this time a red one, not sure though, would mean I have to sell the EG. Great story about the lady in the Nissan :D

Thanks Leon! Whoa that would be 3 in your stable! Although the EG is so clean i would hate to see it go. :D What are the plans for the red CRX if acquired? I see that ol' Silver is back in the Honda dealership, so awesome of them to do these little things. Its like having an annual winter museum. :) I think the Nissan van broke the ice for me. I've had a couple of more encounters since then, people do have very fond memories of the car and seem to really regret letting it go. It only helps me want to keep the car more. :)
My CRX Si
Nar

Postby NathanRoss » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:27 am

That RX7 is beautiful. Love the Kosei's on your rex :)
Honda Shirts available here... CIVIC, CRX, WAGOVAN
http://www.redbubble.com/people/naterossart/shop
NathanRoss

Postby RexSupial » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Ah! I need to get out and take some fall leaf pictures, before they get cleaned off the streets for the winter. Something about our red cars in fall is just magical.
The work in Progress: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=47995

"When in doubt, give her the d!"
RexSupial

Postby AZCRXSI » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:59 pm

Love the pics you post. Love the RX-7. Great car! Even the right color! :wink:

8 years huh Nar... time to settle down yet? :lol: :lol:
"Mango Bango", 1990 CRX Si -- Bought on 10/01/11, with 228,116 miles.
1990 CRX Si BUILD THREAD

Liquid Yellow 2005 MINI Cooper S (Daily Driver)
AZCRXSI

Postby Nar » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:29 am

NathanRoss wrote:That RX7 is beautiful. Love the Kosei's on your rex :)

Thanks Nathan! :) I will try to get more pics of the RX7 one of these days.
RexSupial wrote:Ah! I need to get out and take some fall leaf pictures, before they get cleaned off the streets for the winter. Something about our red cars in fall is just magical.

Agreed! I need to stop being lazy and take my camera with me more. :)
AZCRXSI wrote:Love the pics you post. Love the RX-7. Great car! Even the right color! :wink:

8 years huh Nar... time to settle down yet? :lol: :lol:

Thanks Jeff! Hahaha i had a feeling you would like the color! Getting there, though we are both not in a rush hahaha. We're both low stress peeps so i guess you know which phase we aren't looking forward to. :mrgreen:

Happy new year everybody! Hope everyones crx/personal resolutions are realized this 2014. :)
My CRX Si
Nar

Postby fraglerock » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:29 pm

Nice ride, enjoyed reading your thread. Been wanting to since I first noticed your avatar, Robb's as well.
fraglerock

Postby vanrij » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:51 am

What has 2014 been like for your CRX?
vanrij

Postby razordave » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:44 am

Today i had one of my first old car moments.

Had a lady in her 60's yell at me she only didn't miss the tiny back seat! puking

it's funny how the sun down here gets to people ;)
89 si b18a1 obd1 5 spd gutted disc rear
88 si d16y8 obd1 5 spd (Y49) Purchased on 12/13/14
razordave

Postby 06DC5 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:09 am

Nar wrote:This mint RX-7 is in my GF's condo's underground parking and in the 8 years we've been going out i have never seen it move, not once.

Owner must be waiting to save up to replace the Apex seals :lol:
My B-Series 1990 CRX Si OEM + goodies rebuild/restoration
http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=62537
06DC5

Postby Quik89Si » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:32 pm

Super clean CRX, great job!!
Quik89Si

PreviousNext

Return to The Showroom