(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Violet

Show off your CRX. Member rides, pictures, project threads and galleries can go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Violet

Postby VThonda » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:11 am

That does look very good! I'd love to hear how it sounds
User avatar
VThonda
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:35 am

Re: Violet

Postby Zackcal1899 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:06 pm

VThonda wrote:That does look very good! I'd love to hear how it sounds

It's silent below 4,500 rpm's it's crazy. It's quieter than my daily 97 civic that has a rot hole in the stock down pipe.
The guy at the exhaust shop was like " wow now you have like a stock exhaust." I just told Him that's what I was going for. The less attention the better on my eyes. Every Honda in my area has that typical trumbone/ angry bees sound to the exhaust. After 4,500 the sound of the engine, intake and exhaust together is great! I'm going to try to take a video in the next couple days and post it to YouTube because all the HKS sound clips suck.
Last edited by Zackcal1899 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
89' Crx Si

My SLOW Build Thread
http://www.crxcommunity.com//viewtopic.php?f=26&t=51069
My Feedback!
http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=64740
User avatar
Zackcal1899
ZackAttack
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:51 am
Location: Athol, Mass

Re: Violet

Postby VThonda » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:58 pm

Yeah thats what I was figuring, I've heard it was a very quiet exhaust and its definitely one of the best looking ones as well. Yeah most other Hondas around me sound awful so its refreshing to see a tuned Honda with a quality exhaust.
User avatar
VThonda
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:35 am

Re: Violet

Postby Zackcal1899 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:29 pm

Small update. Mounted my JDM rear lip today! Also have installed my vanity plates since my last post. Image
89' Crx Si

My SLOW Build Thread
http://www.crxcommunity.com//viewtopic.php?f=26&t=51069
My Feedback!
http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=64740
User avatar
Zackcal1899
ZackAttack
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:51 am
Location: Athol, Mass

Re: Violet

Postby Zackcal1899 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:46 pm

Little Graduation gift for myself :mrgreen:
Image
Another Mugen Goodie will be here tomorrow :wink:
89' Crx Si

My SLOW Build Thread
http://www.crxcommunity.com//viewtopic.php?f=26&t=51069
My Feedback!
http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=64740
User avatar
Zackcal1899
ZackAttack
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:51 am
Location: Athol, Mass

Re: Violet

Postby Zackcal1899 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:23 am

Special delivery!
Image
89' Crx Si

My SLOW Build Thread
http://www.crxcommunity.com//viewtopic.php?f=26&t=51069
My Feedback!
http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=64740
User avatar
Zackcal1899
ZackAttack
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:51 am
Location: Athol, Mass

Re: Violet

Postby Zackcal1899 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:58 am

Raced in my first autocross yesterday! It went very well and I got 7th place. The only cars that beat me were swapped civics and S2k's. I beat an Em1, 2 integra Gsr's(1 of them was turboed),a supercharged 2011 Si Sedan, a few miatas and another Crx. It was a great time and I had a lot of fun, until my clutch started slipping... I was pushing it a little to far and I have never actually revved my Crx up before and dumped the clutch. After about 10 4K Rpm dumps when I shifted into second the rpm's climbed but I wasn't going any faster :|. I let off and tried again and it was still slipping. I think it got to hot. My clutch didn't slip all the way home. Now I'm looking into an exedy stage 1 clutch and a lightened flywheel.
Image
Image
Last edited by Zackcal1899 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
89' Crx Si

My SLOW Build Thread
http://www.crxcommunity.com//viewtopic.php?f=26&t=51069
My Feedback!
http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=64740
User avatar
Zackcal1899
ZackAttack
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:51 am
Location: Athol, Mass

Re: Violet

Postby tommy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:11 pm

Congrats on the results! That sounds like a good plan; what flywheel? Fidanza seems to be the best reviewed one.
1990 ZcSi
User avatar
tommy
 
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:37 pm
Location: Westwood, NJ

Re: Violet

Postby Zackcal1899 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:59 pm

tommy wrote:Congrats on the results! That sounds like a good plan; what flywheel? Fidanza seems to be the best reviewed one.


Was thinking about getting the Exedy lightened flywheel with the clutch.
89' Crx Si

My SLOW Build Thread
http://www.crxcommunity.com//viewtopic.php?f=26&t=51069
My Feedback!
http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=64740
User avatar
Zackcal1899
ZackAttack
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:51 am
Location: Athol, Mass

Re: Violet

Postby shortA25 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:11 pm

Nice build. I wanted to ask where you got the carbon fiber sunroof? Is it a direct replacement or just a plug? I've been looking for a place to buy one and the only seller on eBay wants absurd money. Pm me if you can. Thanks,
Jordan
User avatar
shortA25
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:05 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Violet

Postby VThonda » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:37 pm

Loving the Mugen goodies! I've been wanting those lug nuts for a little while now as well they look very nice! Great job at the autocross as well, where was it, I'd be very interested in going if there's another one soon. I've got the Fidanza in my car and now that I'm used to it I love it. It definitely changes revs much quicker.
User avatar
VThonda
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:35 am

Re: Violet

Postby Zackcal1899 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:43 am

shortA25 wrote:Nice build. I wanted to ask where you got the carbon fiber sunroof? Is it a direct replacement or just a plug? I've been looking for a place to buy one and the only seller on eBay wants absurd money. Pm me if you can. Thanks,
Jordan

I got it on eBay. I think it was around $250? When I ordered it. The fitment was not perfect either. A couple of the stock pieces needed to be modified to fit on to the carbon sunroof. Hell it still doesn't fit perfect, I've been to lazy to mess around with it though.

VThonda wrote:Loving the Mugen goodies! I've been wanting those lug nuts for a little while now as well they look very nice! Great job at the autocross as well, where was it, I'd be very interested in going if there's another one soon. I've got the Fidanza in my car and now that I'm used to it I love it. It definitely changes revs much quicker.

I ordered the Exedy stage 1 clutch and light weight flywheel, the flywheel is like 10.9 lbs. My buddies laugh at me for spending money on Mugen goodies, but I think it's worth it because the parts hold their value pretty well. The Autocross was at HondaFest, Haha that's why I was trying to see if you were going Saturday. There's another autocross coming up down by Hartford CT a week from this Sunday. If me and 2 of my buddies can get my clutch finished up next Friday, the 3 of us are going to head down together on Sunday morning. Feel Free to Join us! We meet either in Greenfield or right off the highway in Deerfield and then Head down. One of them has a Type R swapped 2000 hatch (1st place winner at the autocross event). My other buddy has an B18 swapped EF Si hatch he's the one that wants to buy your red hood.
89' Crx Si

My SLOW Build Thread
http://www.crxcommunity.com//viewtopic.php?f=26&t=51069
My Feedback!
http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=64740
User avatar
Zackcal1899
ZackAttack
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:51 am
Location: Athol, Mass

Re: Violet

Postby shortA25 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:29 pm

Zackcal1899 wrote:
shortA25 wrote:Nice build. I wanted to ask where you got the carbon fiber sunroof? Is it a direct replacement or just a plug? I've been looking for a place to buy one and the only seller on eBay wants absurd money. Pm me if you can. Thanks,
Jordan

I got it on eBay. I think it was around $250? When I ordered it. The fitment was not perfect either. A couple of the stock pieces needed to be modified to fit on to the carbon sunroof. Hell it still doesn't fit perfect, I've been to lazy to mess around with it though.


Damn, thats what I was afraid of, that's the one I've been watching for a while and they used to be $250 which is the same as you paid. I just never pulled the trigger and now the same seller has them listed at $1250 (not a typo) which is absurd money. Guess I'll try to contact them directly. Thanks for the response!
User avatar
shortA25
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:05 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Violet

Postby VThonda » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:51 pm

Zackcal1899 wrote:I ordered the Exedy stage 1 clutch and light weight flywheel, the flywheel is like 10.9 lbs. My buddies laugh at me for spending money on Mugen goodies, but I think it's worth it because the parts hold their value pretty well. The Autocross was at HondaFest, Haha that's why I was trying to see if you were going Saturday. There's another autocross coming up down by Hartford CT a week from this Sunday. If me and 2 of my buddies can get my clutch finished up next Friday, the 3 of us are going to head down together on Sunday morning. Feel Free to Join us! We meet either in Greenfield or right off the highway in Deerfield and then Head down. One of them has a Type R swapped 2000 hatch (1st place winner at the autocross event). My other buddy has an B18 swapped EF Si hatch he's the one that wants to buy your red hood.


Nothing wrong with Mugen goodies! They do hold value very well. Yeah I wish I could have made it down for HondaFest, I'll be there next year! I think I've heard of the ones in Hartford, as long as I can get the day off I'll try to come down! It will be my first autocross so I'm pretty excited. I've got the engine and transmission out of the parts car now so if your still interested in them I can bring that and the hood down at some point!
User avatar
VThonda
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:35 am

Re: Violet

Postby #roterreis » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:46 am

Zackcal1899 wrote:Got my carbon sunroof installed, did a couple Other small things. I have driven it 250 miles in the past 5 days! Such a big difference then it staying in the garage for 2 years! Also visited Lou'z Custom Exhaust today in Worcester and had my HKS Sport exhaust installed! The difference between the Thermal R&D and the HKS is night and day. The HKS is silent until around 4,500 rpm's. It looks great as well, well at least I think.
Image
Image

Image


That HKS exhaust is beautiful! How's the sound? I'm currently looking for a Fujitsubo Legalis R but this one looks very appealing as well.

btw, is that a hose clamp I see, where the exhaust hanger should be?
User avatar
#roterreis
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:16 pm
Location: Deutschland

Re: Violet

Postby Zackcal1899 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:46 am

shortA25 wrote:
Zackcal1899 wrote:
shortA25 wrote:Nice build. I wanted to ask where you got the carbon fiber sunroof? Is it a direct replacement or just a plug? I've been looking for a place to buy one and the only seller on eBay wants absurd money. Pm me if you can. Thanks,
Jordan

I got it on eBay. I think it was around $250? When I ordered it. The fitment was not perfect either. A couple of the stock pieces needed to be modified to fit on to the carbon sunroof. Hell it still doesn't fit perfect, I've been to lazy to mess around with it though.


Damn, thats what I was afraid of, that's the one I've been watching for a while and they used to be $250 which is the same as you paid. I just never pulled the trigger and now the same seller has them listed at $1250 (not a typo) which is absurd money. Guess I'll try to contact them directly. Thanks for the response!


I think that they put the price at $1250 when they run out of stock, that way no one buys it. I would deff try messaging them though. Here's the how to I used to help me install mine!
http://honda-tech.com/honda-crx-ef-civi ... t-2574507/

VThonda wrote:Nothing wrong with Mugen goodies! They do hold value very well. Yeah I wish I could have made it down for HondaFest, I'll be there next year! I think I've heard of the ones in Hartford, as long as I can get the day off I'll try to come down! It will be my first autocross so I'm pretty excited. I've got the engine and transmission out of the parts car now so if your still interested in them I can bring that and the hood down at some point!


You should deff try and make it next Sunday it's a blast! I have to see if my buddy will let me store the
Engine and tranny at his house for the time being, but I deff want them!



#roterreis wrote:That HKS exhaust is beautiful! How's the sound? I'm currently looking for a Fujitsubo Legalis R but this one looks very appealing as well.
btw, is that a hose clamp I see, where the exhaust hanger should be?


The Hks looks and sounds great! I broke it in a little this weekend at the autocross and it's a little louder now. I love the look of it and how quiet it is.
Haha good eyes! My exhaust hanger is there but it lets the tip hang too low, so to get it to hang right where I wanted it I used the hose clamp to compress the rubber hanger bushing. You can't see it unless you are underneath my car basically. Now I have to paint it black so no one else spots it :?
Last edited by Zackcal1899 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
89' Crx Si

My SLOW Build Thread
http://www.crxcommunity.com//viewtopic.php?f=26&t=51069
My Feedback!
http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=64740
User avatar
Zackcal1899
ZackAttack
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:51 am
Location: Athol, Mass

Re: Violet

Postby Zackcal1899 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:50 am

Here's a couple more photos from the autocross
Image
Image
Image
89' Crx Si

My SLOW Build Thread
http://www.crxcommunity.com//viewtopic.php?f=26&t=51069
My Feedback!
http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=64740
User avatar
Zackcal1899
ZackAttack
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:51 am
Location: Athol, Mass

Re: Violet

Postby #roterreis » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:21 am

That's awesome, I'm definitely leaning towards HKS now since I can't find anybody that will ship a Fujitsubo exhaust here without charging an arm and a leg. Did you have to cut the long pipe in order to make it fit just like the other Civic cat-back exhausts?
User avatar
#roterreis
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:16 pm
Location: Deutschland

Re: Violet

Postby Zackcal1899 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:52 am

#roterreis wrote:That's awesome, I'm definitely leaning towards HKS now since I can't find anybody that will ship a Fujitsubo exhaust here without charging an arm and a leg. Did you have to cut the long pipe in order to make it fit just like the other Civic cat-back exhausts?

Yes 6 inches needs to be cut out of the long pipe. They cut it out right after the resonator and it fits perfect!
89' Crx Si

My SLOW Build Thread
http://www.crxcommunity.com//viewtopic.php?f=26&t=51069
My Feedback!
http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=64740
User avatar
Zackcal1899
ZackAttack
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:51 am
Location: Athol, Mass

Re: Violet

Postby #roterreis » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:30 am

Zackcal1899 wrote:
#roterreis wrote:That's awesome, I'm definitely leaning towards HKS now since I can't find anybody that will ship a Fujitsubo exhaust here without charging an arm and a leg. Did you have to cut the long pipe in order to make it fit just like the other Civic cat-back exhausts?

Yes 6 inches needs to be cut out of the long pipe. They cut it out right after the resonator and it fits perfect!


Alright, thanks for the info!
User avatar
#roterreis
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:16 pm
Location: Deutschland

Re: Violet

Postby VThonda » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:32 pm

Yeah I'm trying, I'll let you know if I get the day off!
Yeah I've got a truck so I can bring the engine and transmission down to you whenever we both have time.

#roterreis wrote:That's awesome, I'm definitely leaning towards HKS now since I can't find anybody that will ship a Fujitsubo exhaust here without charging an arm and a leg. Did you have to cut the long pipe in order to make it fit just like the other Civic cat-back exhausts?


I'd look at Nengun.com, that's where I got my Legalis R. It's definitely more expensive than the hks but it was the least expensive I could find since I really wanted it.
User avatar
VThonda
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:35 am

Re: Violet

Postby #roterreis » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:26 am

VThonda wrote:I'd look at Nengun.com, that's where I got my Legalis R. It's definitely more expensive than the hks but it was the least expensive I could find since I really wanted it.


thanks for the info, I actually sent them an email about the Legalis R but shipping to Germany is unreasonably expensive. I thought about having one of my old co-worker in Japan to order it for me and I can take a free flight and pick it up, but if I can find an HKS locally then I'll go with that.
User avatar
#roterreis
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:16 pm
Location: Deutschland

Re: Violet

Postby Zackcal1899 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:56 pm

Lately I've just been enjoying it, finally got the 750 recommended miles on the replacement clutch so I don't have to baby her anymore. Havnt had any problems with Cel's or the battery being dead, I havnt had my radio hooked up at all this year so that must be causing my old battery drain problems. Picked up a cool piece being made in small batch by a guy on the Facebook site.
Image
Also had a friend take a couple pics with a real camera. Too bad I wasn't home to move the car, but ohh well... This was my favorite!
Image
89' Crx Si

My SLOW Build Thread
http://www.crxcommunity.com//viewtopic.php?f=26&t=51069
My Feedback!
http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=64740
User avatar
Zackcal1899
ZackAttack
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:51 am
Location: Athol, Mass

Re: Violet

Postby Zackcal1899 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:05 pm

Havnt driven the Crx in a week but picked up something else Honda Related!
Image
Image
Image
It's a 1980 Honda Express II NA50
I picked it up for $215. Needs work, I've already ordered a new carb, intake tube, air filter, battery, points Condensor and spark plug. Just waiting for them to get here to see if I can get it running. I'm excited to play around with it and tiker on it. It has 501 original miles.
89' Crx Si

My SLOW Build Thread
http://www.crxcommunity.com//viewtopic.php?f=26&t=51069
My Feedback!
http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=64740
User avatar
Zackcal1899
ZackAttack
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:51 am
Location: Athol, Mass

Re: Violet

Postby vanrij » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:21 am

Nice. That looks like a fun project!
User avatar
vanrij
 
Posts: 2552
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

PreviousNext

Return to The Showroom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests