Honda CRX Forum banner

Officially HooKeD, My 2cd CRX :)

13K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  JeffWilliamsUSA 
#1 ·
Hey guys .. i guess i'm officially "HooKeD" .. i just bought another CRX ..
Got a great deal on it .. has a busted timing belt ... it's painted black with a spray can
and the rear interior is "MonSTaH Energy Drink" green .. lol
it came complete with a monster sticker on the quarter glass .. lol ..
( and one that said boobies on the back .. lol )

anyways .. i'm gonna post this real quick and try to get some pics up ..

PICz :)

100_6744 by jeffwilliamsusa, on Flickr

100_6745 by jeffwilliamsusa, on Flickr

100_6746 by jeffwilliamsusa, on Flickr

100_6747 by jeffwilliamsusa, on Flickr

100_6750 by jeffwilliamsusa, on Flickr

100_6751 by jeffwilliamsusa, on Flickr

100_6759 by jeffwilliamsusa, on Flickr

100_6761 by jeffwilliamsusa, on Flickr

100_6762 by jeffwilliamsusa, on Flickr

100_6763 by jeffwilliamsusa, on Flickr

100_6765 by jeffwilliamsusa, on Flickr

See less See more
#7 ·
THATREDCRX said:
Sweet. Think of this kind of stuff happening as just the beginning lol.............
man , don't say that , :shock: i have a DVD i need to shoot here soon of my guitar stuffz .. ;)
haha .. jk .. i know what you mean .. i'll still cruise CL looking for the next find .. ;)

Tian90crx said:
Nice, I actually like the first pic...
thanks .. i didn't know when my camera battery would die , i was just snapping away as fast as i could.

288REX said:
Not too riced out...Looks to a 90/91 Dx, what's going on below the bumper lights?
Yep , good eye .. 91 DX , d15b2 , L3 .. The cam gear has funky marking :?
there are only 2 factory marks and one that some guy made and it has PM33 stamped on it.
There is no "UP" and the 2 marks that are on there are at like 12 and 10 o-clock ??? WTF ???
Is the the wrong cam gear ? am i supposed to line up to this painted on mark ?
I'll take a pic when i get a min ..
RE: bumper lights , eh .. well the PO has some kind of fog lights hacked in there .. :(
he told me what car they were from but i forgot .. :( .. i'll ask him again ..

stelios said:
That's a lot of smoke packs..Looks like a good find though. That green would be so distracting, I'd always be looking at it in my rearview while driving.
LOL for a second there , i thought "smoke packs" was a car term i wasn't familiar with .. LOL
yeah .. he was definitely smoking in the car .. haha
RE: Green .. that's just about gone .. i put some black quarter plactics and a grey cargo cover and our old blue carpet , i cut out a spare tire cover real quick so the carpet lays flat ..
and you can only see green where the security box goes .. and one small strip where over-spray is on the hatch seal ..
I'll take more pics tomorrow when there is light and batteries .. lol

UPDATE: right now i've replaced the front shocks and i'm going for the back ones now ..
it's AMAZING how "un-sLaMMiNg" the car makes it look SO MUCH BETTER !! :)

#8 ·
THATREDCRX said:
No way the hatch stays up on its own.............

I bet the green is holding it up :rofl:
ROFL .. well the green almost knocks me back and makes me drop the hatch .. lol ..
It didn't have hatch struts when i got it .. i added those too .. discards from my daughter ReX ..
but hey , the hatch stays up .. :)

#9 ·
lol i read your whole post when your were building your daughters car its cool you have your own now thats awesome i know this is going to be a good build!!!!
and the green is pretty damn cool looking but it will be covered up with mint interior im sure =D
and i want that wink mirrior those things are sweet in my opinion.
good find and good luck man ill be following this one!

#10 ·
Mikesrex1990 said:
lol i read your whole post when your were building your daughters car its cool you have your own now thats awesome i know this is going to be a good build!!!!
and the green is pretty damn cool looking but it will be covered up with mint interior im sure =D
and i want that wink mirrior those things are sweet in my opinion.
good find and good luck man ill be following this one!
Thanks Mike,
Yeah i really learned a lot on the first build ( still in progress )
It really made getting this one cleaned up quickly much easier ( and possible .. lol )
I couldn't have done it without all the awesome info here at the forum :) :)b :)b :)b :)b

RE: the mirror .. what's it called ? a "wink mirror" .. haha .. KeWL .. :biggrin:
My daughter already has "dibbs" on the mirror ..
She thought that was pretty cool too .. :)

RE: Green .. well .. we'd like to leave some "tribute" to it ..
I'm thinking plexi-glass over the tire space with a nice clear square - black paint border .. and ..
a BaDaZZ green light in the tire hole .. lol

BTW: i discovered 2 strips of LED lighting under the dash :) .. wonder if it's Green .. lolol

#13 ·
TPZVTECREX said:
see if u cant start removing some of the black overspray on the headlights and taillights might get you pulled over
yeah , funny story, i was asking the PO how he did the tail lights and before i could stop him , he went on about how he really did that "the right way" .. kinda felt bad when i saw the look on his face when i asked him, "what do you think it will take to get it off?" .. he literally looked like this emoticon :shock:

Yeah it looks like a "batmobile" with all the stuff painted black .. I already have the front turn signals pulled and i'll pull the tails & headlights today.

Also, i'm not saying it can't be done .. but i don't think i'll get any tickets with a broken timing belt .. hehe .. :rolleyes1: ..
It's gonna take about 1-2 weeks to get it tagged and inspected .. i don't plan to drive it, even after the timing belt is done .. brakes need a close look next ..

Mikesrex1990 said:
im not sure the real name of them but were im from there called wink mirror.
and lets get some updates on her crx soon!! lol if they leds are green hide them but keep them as a reminder of how rice the last owner was!! plus call me rice but i like under dash glow i think it looks cool! lol
:)b
haha .. ok .. and I like under dash / footwell lights too :)b
I like the deep blue that comes from EL wire .. like on our shift knob ..
I really need to get my daughter to take a nice night pic with her camera ..

RE: updates on K-ReX .. well brakes , clutch & timing belt ... i didn't take a lot of pics of these last few things .. didn't really plan clutch & timing belt-WP but i'll have some CooL stuff to photo soon
** plus i'm at my Limit on Flickr and i have to find another way to post pics or delete some at flickr **

Ok .. well i started at 6 am yesterday and finished at 6am this morning ( not all on the ReX but .. )
I'm pretty exhausted this morning .. OuCh !! ..
... Doctor it hurts when i work on my car .. don't work on your car .. YEAH RIGHT MF .. lol

#16 ·
TPZVTECREX said:
see if u cant start removing some of the black overspray on the headlights and taillights might get you pulled over
ya mean like "this" :) ..

100_6768b by jeffwilliamsusa, on Flickr

eventually i'll clean it all off .. I'm doing it in stages just for the fun of it ..

Let me ask .. the 91 tails have that "tinted" edge around them .. is that the actual color of the plastic ?
.. if i clean it all , would the tinted edge trim remain ?

#19 ·
JeffWilliamsUSA said:
TPZVTECREX said:
ya mean like "this" :) ..

100_6768b by jeffwilliamsusa, on Flickr

eventually i'll clean it all off .. I'm doing it in stages just for the fun of it ..

Let me ask .. the 91 tails have that "tinted" edge around them .. is that the actual color of the plastic ?
.. if i clean it all , would the tinted edge trim remain ?
looks way better also the trim is just darker red

#20 ·
The trim is maroon/dark red ish. I think it would look kind of cool if you left the center garnish and trim black, and just cleaned up the tail lights/reverse lights. The trim on my 90 Si is painted matte black (I think it's actually bumper black, same thing though) and it looks really sharp. Only colors that can pull it off are white and black though IMO.

While you're at it you should sand the lettering off of your tail lights :)b

#21 ·
Really havn't done much .. :(
I put all my spare parts in to see what i didn't have.
Then stripped it all back out to clean the gReeN overspray on the hatch rubber and quarter window rubber. Not sure if i should just paint over that green, leave it and cover it with plastic or :( sand it off :( and prime / paint ..
Some dufus cut one of the cross pieces from the center console that goes between the A/C & Radio .. :evil:
.. i hope to use a spare console i have here to cut the missing piece and glue it back it / duplicolor the inner flat black & re-install. and .. haha HoLy CoW .. i think the PO got a "deal" on tie wraps because the whole car is put together with them .. lol
You can see one poking out next to the front wheel in the pic below .. :oops:
But mainly i got the plan together:
Documented the repairs and started a To Do List & Parts List.
and ..

Got some NEW SHOES :) .. it's starting to look like CRX now :)
well new to the car .. I read somewhere these sawblades were designed by Enkei for Honda.
BTW: .. these wheels were marked with L & R .. does that mean they can only go on the left and right sides in pairs ? I thought it looked better to put the R on the Left and the L on the Right .. hope that's ok .. :p

100_6936 by jeffwilliamsusa, on Flickr

#22 ·
OMG! I just noticed whats on the lower half of the front bumper. Those are wraparound bumper lights from a NISSAN MAXIMA I believe! I think it was a FAILED attempt to make some JDM lenses, thats just horrible job. But i can see a total transformation since its first pic from your updates! Keep up the good work Jeff. :)b

#23 ·
REXzAcTLy904 said:
OMG! I just noticed whats on the lower half of the front bumper. Those are wraparound bumper lights from a NISSAN MAXIMA I believe! I think it was a FAILED attempt to make some JDM lenses, thats just horrible job. But i can see a total transformation since its first pic from your updates! Keep up the good work Jeff. :)b
ahhh .. thanks .. the OP told me but i forgot ..
I don't know what to do to fix it except get a new bumper.
I wish he would have given me the fog light just to stick in there till i can get a new bumper.

BTW: the bumper was ripped by that missing fog too :(
I patched it temporarily with a few screws and an old plastic license plate ..
the plate turned out to be quite brittle and it's not gonna be good temporary fix,
much less a permanent one ..

and ... OH YEAH :shock: :shock: :shock: .. i forgot to mention this .. :doh:
I googled the OP before the guy who sold it to me ..
and .. the photo of the home at the address looked familiar .. and .. ( suspense , wait for it .. )
wait for it .. WOAH !! it's the SAME GUY who sold us the BLUE CRX !!! .. lol
they are "CRX Brothers Re-United" .. lol x 1000

#24 ·
The rims are marked because they look like a sawblade, so if mix them up the 'sawblades' will be turning in two different directions. If that doesn't make sense just switch the rims on the front with each other and you'll see what I'm talking about

#25 ·
ohisofly said:
The rims are marked because they look like a sawblade, so if mix them up the 'sawblades' will be turning in two different directions. If that doesn't make sense just switch the rims on the front with each other and you'll see what I'm talking about
yeah i put both L's on one side and both R's on the same side
I see what you mean .. i just wanted to be sure it wasn't something about cooling the brakes and air flow or something .. hehe

#26 ·
bleh .. :dizzy: .. havn't updated this in a while ..
the title was a crazy little dance of back and forth but we finally got all that done.
Trying to get it ready to pass inspection. pretty sure they are gonna make me weld the cat in .. hehe .. maybe not .. :twisted:

anyways .. seats in :)
i repaired the rip temporarily .. it's really holding better than expected ..
This pic doesn't show the repair .. it wasn't done yet .. that's the reason for this photo angle .. lol .. i keep forgetting to take pics in the daylight .. i just did both mirror covers in both CRX'x and they came out GREAT but it looks too light at night with a cheap camera and a flash :(

100_6876 by jeffwilliamsusa, on Flickr

I got a lil parts list going .. buying the car kinda broke me .. i have a line on a parts car but .. in the mean time .. if anyone wants to donate a part .. please feel free to do that .. lol .. my money will go to engine work first .. seals, water pump etc ..

1- Si radio bezel ( with the light ring on cigg lighter )
2- right speaker cover
3-backup light interior covers
4- corner lights
5- blinker lenses
6- steering wheel
7- R door pillar trim
10 - security box
11- storage compartments
12- small dash switch plug
13- cargo divider latch * in speaker *
15- Rear Wiper
16- black window crank handle
17- Emblems / Logos front -back
18- 91 fender trim .. left side i think
19- climate control
20- rear bumper ( metal one )
21-front & rear bumper covers
22-glove box latch
23- windsheild
24- hood

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.