Honda CRX Forum banner

Galoot's 90si

12K views 48 replies 20 participants last post by  galoot 
#1 ·
So this is my original Si from 1994. My first car back when I was a junior in high school. It's still 99% stock and in great shape for its age. Interior is all there. No rips, tears, stains to the seats, panels, carpet, etc.... Everything works, ac, sunroof, heater, clock etc... The only part showing its age was the body!

20 years of dents and dings. And your typical Honda trouble spots. I decided, what the hell, lets make her pretty again!

not too bad right? still shiny. single stage respray from years back.

little spot on the passenger side

little hit and run action...til my neighbor fessed up!

Rust gold mine here!

hood and front bumper had a run in with a truck's receiver sticking out. damn home depot!

So now onto the restore

first well

second well

second well

drivers side

ready for color

ready for color

ready for color

finally...some color!

More to come in the future........

See less See more
#27 ·
So here are a few more pics. Not the greatest as I'm stuck at work.

Next projext will be wheel refinishing. Haven't decided wether to repaint them myself, pay the body shop to, or powdercoat them. Obviously, me doing it is the cheapest route. It will be around $500 for the BS to do them or $300 for powdercoating. I'm leaning toward the powdercoat. Anyone else do their wheels that way?

This one is pretty faded. The others not too bad. Just chipping and scratches

#35 ·
Ya. Thought it might be cool to match the seats. It's a lot of stripes though. Looks better in person when you don't see all the lines converged like the pic. I might try mimicking the seat totally by making it black with a thinner middle striped section.

#37 ·
Looks great! :)b lol on the "swap kick" it's ok I'm still running the a6 :)b :)b I love to go with the ZC vtec would be nicer :tongueblue: JUST GO K! :bounce:

usdm_rex1 said:
man that thing is nice.. :)b
i am jelly. my first crx was gonna be a 1991 si completely stock just like yours. had cruise control the whole shabang. i was so ecxited and when i whent to pick it up the next day, the guy had sold it to another person just 30min before.. :cry:
i was so mad and upset but i love your rex. keep it completely stock..
I feel you been there done that...didnt get too sad tho here when it happened more piss off! :twisted: ...hopefully u found one now tho at least :)b

#44 ·
nice. Did you respray flint black?

My car was originally flint black metallic then at some point it was sprayed burnt orange super metallic lol When i bought it there was this funny olive drab colored mold that someone called paint.. so I flat blacked the entire thing.

I've been slowly spraying gloss black and now that I've seen how well yours came out, I'm anxious to get some proper fenders and bumper and get her back to former glory!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.