(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

1991 EDM EE8 Black Betty (moving to England in Oct)

Show off your CRX. Member rides, pictures, project threads and galleries can go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 1991 EDM EE8 Black Betty

Postby Gr8_EE8 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:22 am

Ehhhh, whatsamatta, you no like-a da Italian engineering? Better check your crank case, they might have filled it with olive oil. Maybe you can reach up through where your washer bottle used to be and find your hood latch cable from there.
Keep it real. This is the only Honda forum worth my time. You make it happen.
Gr8_EE8

Postby Treezy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:37 am

lol.. no, as a matter of fact, I don't :P

And that would be a "gr8" idea, but the cable is either broken or detached from the latch itself, so all the pulling in the world won't help. I have to get to the latch and the only way is through those damn zipties! So that's the plan since I'm on leave now..
Founder, Evasive Illusions MSC
*Owner of the Only AWD 5G Prelude*
1991 EDM EE8 Turbo B16A1 "Black Betty"
Treezy

Postby Treezy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:46 am

So this ended up being the problem with my hood latch.. The red plastic piece there is supposed to be a single piece, but it's broke in twain (that's right I said twain!)

So I MacGyver'd it with a zip-tie to finish up my break-in miles on a cruise.. Of course it snapped and left me with no way to open my hood, which is GREAT when you have an overheating issue and you hit standstill traffic :/

And then finally I got her home and parked in the garage.. Then I noticed that I kept walking to the window to check on her so I made this meme :(

Tomorrow, I'll start the hood latch project over again and then maybe try to swap out the motor mounts :)
Treezy

Postby Intertwined » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:24 pm

just read through, good work with what youve done.
Intertwined

Postby Treezy » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:25 am

Tried to install the motor mounts, they don't fit... For some reason it seems that my passenger side mount is a cable-to-hydro conversion mount, even though my transmission is a cable :/

I tried to install the B&M fuel pressure gauge on the AEM rail today.. didn't fit. The 90* fitting didn't fit the rail for some reason, so I had to install the gauge on my filter. Not happy with this arrangement and hopefully will figure it out sometime in the future :( Also.... I'm sitting at 48psi @ idle.

All four of my DP nuts had back off and three were completely gone.. I installed new lock washers/nuts, which is difficult in itself, but when you're doing 1/32nd turns with a wrench in a cramped bay ON HYDROXYCUT..., well, I almost cussed out my neighbor's cat because it meowed at me :( I'm not proud of myself..

Tomorrow I will hopefully get the warm crank issue figured out and we'll go from there.
Treezy

Postby Intertwined » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:26 pm

Gotta hate days like that when working on a car. Ive had a 30 minute shock change turn into a 2 day ordeal >< didnt do anything in the garage for weeks after that lol.

Dont be to worried about almost cussing at the cat, I tried to kick mine last night but hes to quick. I walked into the garage and he was sitting ontop of the car eating the top of my brand new antenna!!!!! I mean im really glad I missed bc I love the dumb thing (he eats plastic alot :/ ) but the anger was real haha.

GL on getting the issues resolved.
Intertwined

Postby Gr8_EE8 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:21 pm

Treezy wrote: ... ON HYDROXYCUT..

Well, there's your problem right there. Don't do that to yourself, man!
Keep it real. This is the only Honda forum worth my time. You make it happen.
Gr8_EE8

Postby Treezy » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:48 am

Installed my B&M fuel pressure gauge.. It wouldn't screw into the AEM fuel rail for some reason so I had to install it on the fuel filter itself.., which then would only screw in to where it was tight upside-down :( So when you open the hood and look at it, it's upside-down from your view.. le sigh.. I'm not going to post any pics of the install other than this one because it pissed me off so much.. This is all I used for the install.. Actually scratch that, the package came with a straight fitting and a 90 degree fitting, but the 90 degree fitting would put it in the way of my intake, so I used the straight fitting to extend it taller (not shown here).. Other than that this is it, pretty plug and play over all. I added a washer because the instructions showed a second (factory) washer, but it leaked so I just removed it.
Treezy

Postby Treezy » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:02 am

I'm installing my AEM gauges in the Glow Shift triple gauge pillar pod now.. I removed the single boost gauge/pod that was previously installed by the shop and wasn't super thrilled by their "professional" installation. Yes, I know it's a dry environment and shouldn't be a problem, but I take pride in what I do and like to do things the right way.., even if it's not always evident ;)

Here's the intake manifold with a t-hose vacuum setup to plug in and run my new digital boost gauge. All I need to do now is re-install my IM fitting and hose, then either run a new vacuum hose through the firewall or see if I can mutilate and use the one from the previous boost gauge (which is option A) :)

For installing the digital boost gauge, here are the main two fittings. Since this is my first digital boost gauge install ever, I was a bit thrown off by the addition of the sensor. See, the barbed fitting on the end screws on to the fitting, which ironically fits perfectly into your IM, but makes no sense.. What else makes no sense? The GD INSTRUCTIONS... Pretty much pointless unless you know what you're doing, and then don't require them :/ Anyway, you just put the sensor/nipple together like so, then install a small fitting like this one (not included in the gauge package) into the IM. You run the vacuum line to it, then the vacuum hose T's off from there to your wastegate or BOV in one direction, and through your firewall to your sensor (large fitting shown below) tucked nicely behind your dash somewhere. Then you run the supplied electrical harness in accordance with the instructions and you should be done. If you want to run it into your ECU/standalone system there's a little more involved. I'll do that at a later time, but for now I need these gauges installed!
Treezy

Postby Treezy » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:14 am

Sooo... my last post was August 6th... That's the last time I worked on my car... When I went to install the oil sensor, it didn't fit the sandwich plate (el-cheapo).. Then when I went to re-install the plug that was in it before.., it wouldn't go back in! My only guess is that the shop stripped it out when they installed it the first time. No bene.. :cry:

I had to order a new plate, so I researched and picked up the Golden Eagle one for about a hundo or so.. It came in, I installed it, but then the turbo feed line fitting was the wrong size!! So I looked everywhere, but there was no standard size fittings anywhere over here, all metric and wrong pitch. I measured and ordered a fitting, but when it came in they sent me the wrong piece :evil:

So I then sent my feed line to the states to ensure I got the correct piece and stopped wasting my time.. The part was picked up and pics were sent to me showing it attached about a week or so after I mailed it.. Then, it took about another 2-3 weeks before it got mailed back, and about a 10 day wait for it to arrive...... Then.., it took another week before I could get into the garage to install.. :|

Today.., I start to install and my shoplight battery dies.. I switch to my cell phone light.. The parts won't go in assembled so then I had to disassemble everything.. As I start to install, my cell phone dies... :mad2:

So now, here I am drinking heavily and typing A LOT :yuck:
Treezy

Postby Treezy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:27 pm

Well... after that last rant a few months back.. I got the car running and finished the engine break-in.. From out of nowhere, the feed line started leaking at the turbo.. I had a copper washer in there and it was worn, so I pulled it and went to find another one.. Apparently, Italy doesn't believe in copper washers :/ So I just waited until I returned to the states (to get married, which kept getting postponed). Now that I'm finally back, and the new washer is in-place, she's back running again. The DS fender is off while I replace the hood latch, and the DS interior is littered with wires as I've been installing my AEM gauges.

So... that's where I'm at right now.. Oh, and I'm moving to England in 8 months 8)
Treezy

Previous

Return to The Showroom