(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

AJHS2011's 1991 Crx Si

Show off your CRX. Member rides, pictures, project threads and galleries can go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

AJHS2011's 1991 Crx Si

Postby AJHS2011 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:55 pm

I've finally picked up my dream Crx after years of searching. I've owned a 90 Si, 91 Dx, and 88 Dx. I found a good deal on a clean body of a 1991 Si which came already boosted.

I had no idea the interior was all there, I had no idea how clean the body was, and I had no idea it didn't have rust. When I showed up, I was beyond suprised. Even before test driving her, I knew she was coming home with me.

Long story short, the previous owner took very good care of her even though I do not agree on some of the body pieces he put on. It sat in his garage for 7 years. I have all the paperwork that was done to the motor by shops.
His main mechanic passed away and after that he lost interest in finishing the build. So, I am taking over.

My original plans was to get a clean 1991 Si and vitara build a d16z6 with over 20 psi. Well, I will be building that on the side while I drive with this motor.

Immediatly after arriving at my house, I removed the hideous rear bumper and horrifying z3 fenders. Next is to find a decent looking hood. As you can tell I am not a fan of the body kits. I had a 88-91 rear bumper laying around so I put that on.

Here is a small list of work done:
-d16a6
-block bored over .10
-cometic head gasket
-ported and polished head
-titanium spring retainers
-stage 3 cam
-(Lift) intake 383 exhaust 374
-(Duration) intake 264 exhaust 258
-adj cam gear
-oversized valves
-Eagle H-beam rods
-SRP pistons
-7Ib flywheel
-Skunk2 throttle body
-Skunk2 intake manifold
-LSD phantam grip transmission
-ARP fasteners
-full MSD ignition with 2-step
-Greddy profac-B electronic boost controller
-Full aluminum radiator
-OBX Fuel Rail
-xspower turbo, wastegate, bov, exhaust manifold, intercooler
-All new gaskets, belts, everything else internally.
-Guages (RPM & shift light, boost, Air/Fuel, Oil Pressure)

I know I'm missing tons of stuff but it's late and I have to get up at 5am so I'll stop there.

And last but not least, for you picture whores out there...
Interior pics to come on a later date.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by AJHS2011 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
AJHS2011
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Heath Springs, SC

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby sicknick » Wed May 15, 2013 8:09 am

:-)b
User avatar
sicknick
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:19 am
Location: PA

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby JDMCrx91 » Wed May 15, 2013 8:28 am

Congrats. Have fun. And if you need help with your vitara build we are here. I just did mine:) pics on my build thread.
"Correct Me If I'm Wrong... That's Why I Joined" Crxcommunity.com
1991 Crx Si(turbo)
My Build Thread http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=34412
1991 Crx Si (sleeper) 3/17/13
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=64610
1992 240sx coupe
User avatar
JDMCrx91
 
Posts: 5248
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:53 pm
Location: DFW,Texas

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby Tian90crx » Wed May 15, 2013 9:31 am

nice!
Good engine specs, be sure to replace all those ebay turbo pieces whenever you can :-)b
Aftermarket Quality Turbo, Suspension, interior parts FOR SALE http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=156674
User avatar
Tian90crx
 
Posts: 4504
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:24 pm
Location: DFW

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby TPZVTECREX » Wed May 15, 2013 2:25 pm

looks good man, pics of the car all together?
User avatar
TPZVTECREX
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 5:36 am
Location: Los Angeles CA

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby AJHS2011 » Fri May 17, 2013 3:18 am

sicknick wrote::-)b


:)

TPZVTECREX wrote:looks good man, pics of the car all together?


Searching for stock fenders and hood. I have a brand new still in wrapping front bumper. I really need a 90-91 rear bumper but I did this to my 88-89 last night.

Image

Tian90crx wrote:nice!
Good engine specs, be sure to replace all those ebay turbo pieces whenever you can :-)b


Yeah man that's the plan :) last night I chunked all the msd crap. Not really chunked but it's out of the Rex.

JDMCrx91 wrote:Congrats. Have fun. And if you need help with your vitara build we are here. I just did mine:) pics on my build thread.


Thanks bud, and don't worry I've been following your tread ever since I joined. Will be using it for the vitara build.

Sorry the multi-post is mixed up I'm on my iphone and haven't got around to getting the tapatalk app.

And I don't have much time to work on it like I want too, I got on full time with the machine shop so I might get an hour or two each day.

Stay tuned I have big plans :)
User avatar
AJHS2011
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Heath Springs, SC

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby AZCRXSI » Fri May 17, 2013 2:50 pm

Very nice!

:-)b

Glad you are back in the game.
"Mango Bango", 1990 CRX Si -- Bought on 10/01/11, with 228,116 miles.
1990 CRX Si BUILD THREAD

Liquid Yellow 2005 MINI Cooper S (Daily Driver)
User avatar
AZCRXSI
 
Posts: 1535
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:12 am
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby street_ride14 » Sat May 18, 2013 10:08 am

Replace the turbo, wastegate, bov, and exhaust manifold with quality parts
1991 Honda CRX Si - B20Vtec
1993 Honda Prelude SiVTEC
street_ride14
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:11 am

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby AJHS2011 » Sat May 18, 2013 11:30 am

street_ride14 wrote:Replace the turbo, wastegate, bov, and exhaust manifold with quality parts


Yeah man, really wanting a holset. :-)b

I will be replacing those after I save up a good bit of money. I should be getting a raise here pretty soon I hope so nonetheless this build will be getting quality parts.

Pretty sure I can get away with the intercooler though.
User avatar
AJHS2011
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Heath Springs, SC

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby AJHS2011 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:36 pm

4 months since I've updated.

Sending my ECU in to a fellow member to see if I fried it.

It just seems like I don't have the time to mess with it like I use to. Then again working full time during the week and working on other peoples cars on the weekends leaves me with no time to mess with my Hondas.

:?
User avatar
AJHS2011
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Heath Springs, SC

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby AJHS2011 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:01 pm

I pulled the a6 out today and I'm unsure of what will take it's place. I know I will be going obd1 for sure. I think I will do what I've been wanting to do and build my z6 for it. Keep the si cable transmission I'm sure. But nothing is set in stone as I'm starting automotive school and funds will be short.

Image
User avatar
AJHS2011
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Heath Springs, SC

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby vanrij » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:45 pm

Good luck at school. Let us know what you put in the CRX. Why did you pull the A6 by the way?
User avatar
vanrij
 
Posts: 2552
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby AJHS2011 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:35 am

vanrij wrote:Good luck at school. Let us know what you put in the CRX. Why did you pull the A6 by the way?


Thanks.

Didn't like the way it was setup. It didn't look good either so I'm gonna clean it up.
User avatar
AJHS2011
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Heath Springs, SC

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby KevinEF7 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:47 am

Nice start :-)b

One thing that rings a few bells in my head though, is the engine internals. What makes you believe what he says is in there, actually is? To me that turbo kit was pieced together as cheap and chinese as possible, ive never seen so many vacuum lines on a D16, worm clamps, fmu fuel management etc. But then theres $2500+ in engine work and parts inside the stock engine with top of the line parts?

Just curious
User avatar
KevinEF7
 
Posts: 3501
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 11:28 am

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby crxvtec91 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:21 pm

AJHS2011 wrote:Here is a small list of work done:
-d16a6
-block bored over .10
-cometic head gasket Stick with a oem y8, its cheaper and you will have less issues.
-ported and polished head Who si porting it? A clean z6 hean might make more power depending how much power you looking at.
-titanium spring retainers Most aftermarket titanium retainers are junk, Ferrea or Manly are the best
-stage 3 cam What brand?
-(Lift) intake 383 exhaust 374
-(Duration) intake 264 exhaust 258
-adj cam gear
-oversized valves Not needed
-Eagle H-beam rods
-SRP pistons
-7Ib flywheel To light for turbo, dont go less then 12lbs.
-Skunk2 throttle body JUST NO!
-Skunk2 intake manifold If you like a manifold that is poorly cast, will fall apart, sure....
-LSD phantam grip transmission HELL NO! More like phantam slip
-ARP fasteners Only head studs and rold botls, flywheel should be oem!
-full MSD ignition with 2-step Will cause more issues then its worth, STAY AWAY!
-Greddy profac-B electronic boost controller Convert to obd1, most ems have boost by gear built in
-Full aluminum radiator
-OBX Fuel Rail JUNK
-xspower turbo, wastegate, bov, exhaust manifold, intercooler Chuck the manifold and turbo, the rest is ok-ish
-All new gaskets, belts, everything else internally.
-Guages (RPM & shift light, boost, Air/Fuel, Oil Pressure) Remove a/r and replace with wideband



Hope that helps, there is a lot that is not needed and may cause you more harm then good.
My build thread: http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16812

500hp and 450ft/lbs @30psi

LOOK, go to UserControlPanel->UsercontrolPanel->Profile->UPDATE YOUR DAMN LOCATIONS K?
User avatar
crxvtec91
 
Posts: 4818
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:48 pm
Location: NJ

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby AJHS2011 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:46 pm

KevinEF7 wrote:Nice start :-)b

One thing that rings a few bells in my head though, is the engine internals. What makes you believe what he says is in there, actually is? To me that turbo kit was pieced together as cheap and chinese as possible, ive never seen so many vacuum lines on a D16, worm clamps, fmu fuel management etc. But then theres $2500+ in engine work and parts inside the stock engine with top of the line parts?

Just curious


Yeah man I'm gonna break it down to see what all is there for sure. Yes I did remove an ton of vacuum lines. I want to do this build right and I will make sure everything that needs to replaced gets replaced.

crxvtec91 wrote:
AJHS2011 wrote:Here is a small list of work done:
-d16a6
-block bored over .10
-cometic head gasket Stick with a oem y8, its cheaper and you will have less issues.
-ported and polished head Who si porting it? A clean z6 hean might make more power depending how much power you looking at.
-titanium spring retainers Most aftermarket titanium retainers are junk, Ferrea or Manly are the best
-stage 3 cam What brand?
-(Lift) intake 383 exhaust 374
-(Duration) intake 264 exhaust 258
-adj cam gear
-oversized valves Not needed
-Eagle H-beam rods
-SRP pistons
-7Ib flywheel To light for turbo, dont go less then 12lbs.
-Skunk2 throttle body JUST NO!
-Skunk2 intake manifold If you like a manifold that is poorly cast, will fall apart, sure....
-LSD phantam grip transmission HELL NO! More like phantam slip
-ARP fasteners Only head studs and rold botls, flywheel should be oem!
-full MSD ignition with 2-step Will cause more issues then its worth, STAY AWAY!
-Greddy profac-B electronic boost controller Convert to obd1, most ems have boost by gear built in
-Full aluminum radiator
-OBX Fuel Rail JUNK
-xspower turbo, wastegate, bov, exhaust manifold, intercooler Chuck the manifold and turbo, the rest is ok-ish
-All new gaskets, belts, everything else internally.
-Guages (RPM & shift light, boost, Air/Fuel, Oil Pressure) Remove a/r and replace with wideband



Hope that helps, there is a lot that is not needed and may cause you more harm then good.


Thanks for the help bud I'll definitely need this info. I will be going obd1 whether I use the same motor or swap to a z6. Don't worry, the first thing I chunked was the MSD set up. Not sure about the cam but I'll let you know after I break the motor down. I'm tossing all the turbo mess as well except for the intercooler.

I would like for you to explain about the flywheel though. I'm new to the turbo scene so any help is definitely appreciated.


Anyone know if the Eagle rods will work in a z6? Possibly the SRP pistons too?
User avatar
AJHS2011
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Heath Springs, SC

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby crxvtec91 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:11 am

AJHS2011 wrote:
KevinEF7 wrote:Nice start :-)b

One thing that rings a few bells in my head though, is the engine internals. What makes you believe what he says is in there, actually is? To me that turbo kit was pieced together as cheap and chinese as possible, ive never seen so many vacuum lines on a D16, worm clamps, fmu fuel management etc. But then theres $2500+ in engine work and parts inside the stock engine with top of the line parts?

Just curious


Yeah man I'm gonna break it down to see what all is there for sure. Yes I did remove an ton of vacuum lines. I want to do this build right and I will make sure everything that needs to replaced gets replaced.

crxvtec91 wrote:
AJHS2011 wrote:Here is a small list of work done:
-d16a6
-block bored over .10
-cometic head gasket Stick with a oem y8, its cheaper and you will have less issues.
-ported and polished head Who si porting it? A clean z6 hean might make more power depending how much power you looking at.
-titanium spring retainers Most aftermarket titanium retainers are junk, Ferrea or Manly are the best
-stage 3 cam What brand?
-(Lift) intake 383 exhaust 374
-(Duration) intake 264 exhaust 258
-adj cam gear
-oversized valves Not needed
-Eagle H-beam rods
-SRP pistons
-7Ib flywheel To light for turbo, dont go less then 12lbs.
-Skunk2 throttle body JUST NO!
-Skunk2 intake manifold If you like a manifold that is poorly cast, will fall apart, sure....
-LSD phantam grip transmission HELL NO! More like phantam slip
-ARP fasteners Only head studs and rold botls, flywheel should be oem!
-full MSD ignition with 2-step Will cause more issues then its worth, STAY AWAY!
-Greddy profac-B electronic boost controller Convert to obd1, most ems have boost by gear built in
-Full aluminum radiator
-OBX Fuel Rail JUNK
-xspower turbo, wastegate, bov, exhaust manifold, intercooler Chuck the manifold and turbo, the rest is ok-ish
-All new gaskets, belts, everything else internally.
-Guages (RPM & shift light, boost, Air/Fuel, Oil Pressure) Remove a/r and replace with wideband



Hope that helps, there is a lot that is not needed and may cause you more harm then good.


Thanks for the help bud I'll definitely need this info. I will be going obd1 whether I use the same motor or swap to a z6. Don't worry, the first thing I chunked was the MSD set up. Not sure about the cam but I'll let you know after I break the motor down. I'm tossing all the turbo mess as well except for the intercooler.

I would like for you to explain about the flywheel though. I'm new to the turbo scene so any help is definitely appreciated.


Anyone know if the Eagle rods will work in a z6? Possibly the SRP pistons too?


What are your power goals? D16 Eagle rods will work in any D16.
My build thread: http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16812

500hp and 450ft/lbs @30psi

LOOK, go to UserControlPanel->UsercontrolPanel->Profile->UPDATE YOUR DAMN LOCATIONS K?
User avatar
crxvtec91
 
Posts: 4818
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:48 pm
Location: NJ

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby AJHS2011 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:30 pm

crxvtec91 wrote:
AJHS2011 wrote:
KevinEF7 wrote:Nice start :-)b

One thing that rings a few bells in my head though, is the engine internals. What makes you believe what he says is in there, actually is? To me that turbo kit was pieced together as cheap and chinese as possible, ive never seen so many vacuum lines on a D16, worm clamps, fmu fuel management etc. But then theres $2500+ in engine work and parts inside the stock engine with top of the line parts?

Just curious


Yeah man I'm gonna break it down to see what all is there for sure. Yes I did remove an ton of vacuum lines. I want to do this build right and I will make sure everything that needs to replaced gets replaced.

crxvtec91 wrote:
AJHS2011 wrote:Here is a small list of work done:
-d16a6
-block bored over .10
-cometic head gasket Stick with a oem y8, its cheaper and you will have less issues.
-ported and polished head Who si porting it? A clean z6 hean might make more power depending how much power you looking at.
-titanium spring retainers Most aftermarket titanium retainers are junk, Ferrea or Manly are the best
-stage 3 cam What brand?
-(Lift) intake 383 exhaust 374
-(Duration) intake 264 exhaust 258
-adj cam gear
-oversized valves Not needed
-Eagle H-beam rods
-SRP pistons
-7Ib flywheel To light for turbo, dont go less then 12lbs.
-Skunk2 throttle body JUST NO!
-Skunk2 intake manifold If you like a manifold that is poorly cast, will fall apart, sure....
-LSD phantam grip transmission HELL NO! More like phantam slip
-ARP fasteners Only head studs and rold botls, flywheel should be oem!
-full MSD ignition with 2-step Will cause more issues then its worth, STAY AWAY!
-Greddy profac-B electronic boost controller Convert to obd1, most ems have boost by gear built in
-Full aluminum radiator
-OBX Fuel Rail JUNK
-xspower turbo, wastegate, bov, exhaust manifold, intercooler Chuck the manifold and turbo, the rest is ok-ish
-All new gaskets, belts, everything else internally.
-Guages (RPM & shift light, boost, Air/Fuel, Oil Pressure) Remove a/r and replace with wideband



Hope that helps, there is a lot that is not needed and may cause you more harm then good.


Thanks for the help bud I'll definitely need this info. I will be going obd1 whether I use the same motor or swap to a z6. Don't worry, the first thing I chunked was the MSD set up. Not sure about the cam but I'll let you know after I break the motor down. I'm tossing all the turbo mess as well except for the intercooler.

I would like for you to explain about the flywheel though. I'm new to the turbo scene so any help is definitely appreciated.


Anyone know if the Eagle rods will work in a z6? Possibly the SRP pistons too?


What are your power goals? D16 Eagle rods will work in any D16.


I wanna shoot for 300 hp with a full z6. I understand it will take a lot but like I said it's what I'm shooting for I know nothing is set in stone so we will see. Like I said before I want to use vitara pistons and possibly a holset turbo. If the rods work like you say then ill use those. :-)b
User avatar
AJHS2011
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Heath Springs, SC

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby crxvtec91 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:57 am

300hp is no issue at all and you will need less then you think!

As for holset and vitaras, I know a thing or 2 about them 8) if all goes will I should break the current vitara record come june or split the block while trying.

Despite my use of the vitaras I do not recommend them any more, as I personally feel they are not as reliable as they were.

If I where you I would stick with any foraged piston, srp, cp, wisco as they will hold up better in the long run.

Last I recently made 300hp on a friend z6 with a super basic setup.

Vitaras/eagles
arp head studs
Gm3 turbo
Stock head! Stock intake manifold, stock valves, stock springs, and stock retainers.

The only thing I would do differently would be to repace the springs with something stiffer as we where limited to 7,500 rpm. In a way it might not be a bad thing as vitaras dont like the abuse of higher rpms it seems like.
My build thread: http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16812

500hp and 450ft/lbs @30psi

LOOK, go to UserControlPanel->UsercontrolPanel->Profile->UPDATE YOUR DAMN LOCATIONS K?
User avatar
crxvtec91
 
Posts: 4818
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:48 pm
Location: NJ

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby AJHS2011 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:23 am

crxvtec91 wrote:300hp is no issue at all and you will need less then you think!

As for holset and vitaras, I know a thing or 2 about them 8) if all goes will I should break the current vitara record come june or split the block while trying.

Despite my use of the vitaras I do not recommend them any more, as I personally feel they are not as reliable as they were.

If I where you I would stick with any foraged piston, srp, cp, wisco as they will hold up better in the long run.

Last I recently made 300hp on a friend z6 with a super basic setup.

Vitaras/eagles
arp head studs
Gm3 turbo
Stock head! Stock intake manifold, stock valves, stock springs, and stock retainers.

The only thing I would do differently would be to repace the springs with something stiffer as we where limited to 7,500 rpm. In a way it might not be a bad thing as vitaras dont like the abuse of higher rpms it seems like.


Well if these are SRP pistons in the a6 like he says they are, they would work in the z6 correct? So basically I could get away with using those?

For you the vitaras might not be reliable because of your goals lol but if I use a basic set up I shouldn't have an issue.

Before I do anything I'm gonna break down the a6 and see what all I have.
User avatar
AJHS2011
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Heath Springs, SC

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby crxvtec91 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:53 am

AJHS2011 wrote:
crxvtec91 wrote:300hp is no issue at all and you will need less then you think!

As for holset and vitaras, I know a thing or 2 about them 8) if all goes will I should break the current vitara record come june or split the block while trying.

Despite my use of the vitaras I do not recommend them any more, as I personally feel they are not as reliable as they were.

If I where you I would stick with any foraged piston, srp, cp, wisco as they will hold up better in the long run.

Last I recently made 300hp on a friend z6 with a super basic setup.

Vitaras/eagles
arp head studs
Gm3 turbo
Stock head! Stock intake manifold, stock valves, stock springs, and stock retainers.

The only thing I would do differently would be to repace the springs with something stiffer as we where limited to 7,500 rpm. In a way it might not be a bad thing as vitaras dont like the abuse of higher rpms it seems like.


Well if these are SRP pistons in the a6 like he says they are, they would work in the z6 correct? So basically I could get away with using those?

For you the vitaras might not be reliable because of your goals lol but if I use a basic set up I shouldn't have an issue.

Before I do anything I'm gonna break down the a6 and see what all I have.


Anything wrong with the a6? If not why not just put a z6 head on it and call it a day?

Image

Also if you get a holset make sure you do a twin scroll setup as it does help with spool time.

Redline is twin scroll and black is single

Image
http://www.d-series.org/forums/forced-i ... ience.html
My build thread: http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16812

500hp and 450ft/lbs @30psi

LOOK, go to UserControlPanel->UsercontrolPanel->Profile->UPDATE YOUR DAMN LOCATIONS K?
User avatar
crxvtec91
 
Posts: 4818
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:48 pm
Location: NJ

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby AJHS2011 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:28 am

Very nice crxvtec91 that's good info. Any way I can check the rings with the head off? I wanna make sure the a6 has good rings. Cause when I checked compression a while back thy were all low but that may be bc I was doing it wrong idk.
User avatar
AJHS2011
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Heath Springs, SC

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby crxvtec91 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:28 pm

How low were they? Does the motor smoke?

Fyi most vitara motors compression check at 100-135psi depending the head, rods and decking; so if its a low comp turbo motor it maybe fine.
My build thread: http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16812

500hp and 450ft/lbs @30psi

LOOK, go to UserControlPanel->UsercontrolPanel->Profile->UPDATE YOUR DAMN LOCATIONS K?
User avatar
crxvtec91
 
Posts: 4818
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:48 pm
Location: NJ

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby AJHS2011 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:05 pm

77, 95, 85, 100. With eagle rods and SRP pistons.
User avatar
AJHS2011
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Heath Springs, SC

Re: AJHS2011 1991 Si Boosted d16a6

Postby crxvtec91 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:17 pm

AJHS2011 wrote:77, 95, 85, 100. With eagle rods and SRP pistons.


I would do a leak down test!
My build thread: http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16812

500hp and 450ft/lbs @30psi

LOOK, go to UserControlPanel->UsercontrolPanel->Profile->UPDATE YOUR DAMN LOCATIONS K?
User avatar
crxvtec91
 
Posts: 4818
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:48 pm
Location: NJ

Next

Return to The Showroom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest