Honda CRX Forum banner

Deetz CR-X Project- back to life after 13 years

46K views 133 replies 41 participants last post by  Uglyobesegamer 
#1 ·
I'm a long time member on this forum, but haven't posted as much as i would have liked. I've owned a number of crx's over they years, but my favorite one from my youth got parked back in the summer of the year 2000. I bought it back in 1995. The last winter it ever saw was back in 1994, so i saved it from ever getting rusty...it was and always was a clean and straight chassis.

I didn't have a digital camera back in the 90's, so here are a couple of scans, LoL :p

Original, before i did anything to it-

I worked for a performance parts company from the mid 90's onward, so tasteful mods began....a couple shots after owning it a couple of years

Then, in 1998 a DOHC ZC swap, with at the time a new ZEX nos kit, it got me into high 13's. I was pretty happy at the time

The year 2000 was a turning point, the one that lead me to parking the car, though i never though it would be so long. I was out with some buddies on a Friday or Sat night, with the car left at home in front of the house. I got a call on my cell from my folks telling me the alrm was going off and people were running from the car, who had just attempted to steal it!! They had taken some tool or pry bar to my passenger door handle, ruining the door. I was pissed, the car got locked up in the garage never to sit outside again! I bought a new door from Honda, and then with the quest for more potential for power and performance, i sourced out a full B16 swap from a JDM front end clip. I had been importing engines for a few years by now, so i sourced out a the most cherry swap i could find, and paid a little extra for it. It had only 28,000km's on it, less in miles! I cleaned it up a bit and here was the result.

What i did was sell off the jdm S1 tranny, and sourced out a usdm YS1 from a 1993 Integra GSR. I had a great connection with people in the industry and was lucky to source out a tranny that had been sitting in storage for 7 years at the time at a wrecker. It was all tagged from a car that was written off 6 months from being new, with only "9 thousand km's" original! crazy huh?

See less See more
#2 ·
I had originally planned to run the stock OBD0 setup, and had sourced a rare OBD0 Spoon header, it even had the two o2 sensor provisions. The valve cover was a type R, and i had the stock flywheel lightened, with a fresh Centerforce Dual friction clutch assembly attached to it

At this point i became busy with my life working and going to school, so my car was moved into storage and hasn't been driven since!! Over the years i picked up more parts here and there....getting more heavily into real jdm parts. I had many more pics of my car back then, but my computer at the time had a hard drive crash on me, plus the hosting site i used at the time (we-todd-did-racing) crashed.....i lost so many pics....oh well, i learned my lesson, and back everything up now :) Here are a couple shots from when i pulled the car out around 2003ish, just for display purposes only

At this time, i was rocking some 15" Regamasters

I threw some different wheels on from time to time for different looks. For some reason, my a/c compressor leaked a little bit, so you may notice some cardboard under the car in these pics

I had some old school glass APC headlights, along with a brand new ZC hood from Japan, and new bumper i hadn't painted yet

By this time, i was going nuts with jdm parts, lol Here, i've got an EF cluster and steering wheel, and a new ITR shift boot

#3 ·
Under the hood, my B16 got some love.....I sold off the obd0 header, and started an OBD1 conversion with a OBD1 PR3 ecu, new oem Honda obd1 dizzy, and even though i didn't have to, i ran the newer injectors along with the needed wiring. I sent my original valve cover out and had it chromed, plus half moons cut out for cam gears. At the time, i had installed a P73 ITR intake manifold and throttle body, as well as a limited DC sport fuel rail and billet spark plug cover

I was really interested in keeping keeping with rare oem parts and accessories. I sold off the Regamasters, and found a mint set of original unrestored 15" Mugen MR5 2pc mag

I found a set of lugnut caps, but later sold them in favor a brand new set in a box, which i don't have a pic of at the moment

#10 ·
Thanks for the support guys...i can't wait to get further, but i still have more to bring us up to date!!!

I wanted to get rid of the 1990's style fast&furious rear wing, so i sold the whole rear hatch, and broke even when i picked up an EF8 hatch complete with oem deck spoiler

#20 ·
Thanks for the kind comments everyone :)b

It's a long weekend up here in Canada, so i am back out of town, by my storage unit for a couple of days. The plan is to grab the that B18C i built a couple summers ago, plus the ys1 with quaiffe lsd, along with a new clutch and flywheel....get them prepped and put together. I hope to install on Monday. Once the car is up and running, plus a few upgrades are added, the car gets towed to the bodyshop.

It will cost me 5g's. The car will be stripped down pretty good with all molding removed and inspected for any hidden rust or surprise that might need attention.....then the whole car redone top to bottom. I want ti to new off the lot when done!!

#23 ·
vtecn8ive said:
You better keep updating this thread, unlike when you bump something and then disappear.
Bump and disappear? This car is out of storage! I picked it up and brought it to another city. I spent this whole weekend out of town again to pick up the b18, LSD tranny, new axles and clutch/flywheel.

I put my 2000 Civic EM1 up for sale in favor of finishing my CRX to get it back on the road! In the next week or two, it goes straight to the body shop, just like the car above......I'm getting excited!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.