(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Blade Silver 89si JDM Front End B20 Turbo!

Show off your CRX. Member rides, pictures, project threads and galleries can go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Blade Silver 89si JDM Front End B20 Turbo!

Postby MColvin » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:32 pm

The turbo is officially done! I did a street tune to about 8lbs, so I am not sure the exact power it is putting down, but I could not be happier with the difference. The b20 block provides for really great low end torque to match the high end power from the turbo.
I tried to hide the intercooler as much as possible. It is very hard to see from the outside :-)b
I also picked up some pretty decent 215/45/16 bridgestone Potenza re11s for only $75!
I love the fitment and the handling is way better!
Anyway, here are before and after shots of the turbo and wire tuck. I also finally got a chance to color match my core support.
Before:
After:
MColvin

Postby vanrij » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:23 am

That looks nice and tidy in the bay and very subtle on the exterior. Nice work! :-)b
vanrij

Postby MColvin » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:31 pm

Sorry about how long this has been taking, a lot has happened over the last few weeks! So, here goes...
AI had been steadily preparing for HondafestNW for a good couple of months on both the CRX and the Civic and I was ready to go to my first show. Here are some pics of the little updates on the CRX before the show:
I swapped out my old B&M short shifter with a new K-Tuned fully adjustable shifter, and it even shortened the throw a little bit more. I love it! I also installed a rear upper strut brace which I know doesn't do a whole lot to the suspension, But it stiffens things up a tad and it looks really cool. lol
I had to cut the rear interior plastics a bit to make the brace fit, but it turned out really clean. :mrgreen:
I also finally got around to installing my Function7 lower control arms, which I am very happy with.
Anyway, after some more detailing and a few extra bits here and there, both cars were finally ready for the show
I also re-cleared the carbon fiber hood on the CRX and was pretty happy with how it turned out. Not as good as an OEM metal hood, but I cant complain.

But, here is where the bad news come... On our way up to Kent, WA for HondafestNW, my fiance was driving the Civic and I was about a mile ahead of her in the CRX. While she was stopped in heavy traffic, an SUV rear-ended her going about 55mph. She walked away with only minor Injuries, but I am sad to say that my little Civic is done
Before:
After:
MColvin

Postby Jee-F » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:53 am

Wow :shock: :x
That's horrible, hope she's doing alright.
IG: Jee_Kay88 (mostly CRX pics)

2003 Civic Street Edition - DD
Mugen EF8 - Project -B16s suck
Jee-F

Postby MColvin » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:36 am

Another big update! I am still grieving the loss of the civic, but since it was my daily driver, I have been searching for a new car to drive every day. Luckily, I work at a Honda dealership and I get first pick of all of our trade-in vehicles. The other day, one of my favorite cars was traded in and I couldn't resist buying it.
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX with only 52K original miles!
MColvin

Postby MColvin » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:18 pm

Wow, it has been a long time since I have been able to update anything. I had the CRX torn apart for the majority if the winter. I decided to do some white tire lettering and really liked how it looked. Here is how the car looked for most of the last six months:
[img]http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q793/Mitchell_Colvin/20170208_092712_zps34wvdvth.jpg~original
[/img]
My foglights were just being used to plug the holes in my front bumper, so I decided to finally wire them. I have JDM single bulb lights, so I just wired the fogs to my brights and they work great for me.
I also had a bunch of chips in the front bumper, so I decided to re-paint it while it was off the car
I also did a bit of work to dress up the engine bay. I am going for a neochrome look, so if you look closely you can see how much I have done. I replaced my tired old coolant overflow as well.
Then, I got a great deal on this brand new NRG steering wheel with gen 2.5 quick release and hub
Finally, I put everything back together and drove it to work.
MColvin

Postby ModifiedEF » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:15 pm

I had evo8 before, awesome car- you ll enjoy every each minute in this car- really. Evo is a that type of car "must have once"

Anyway, crx is pretty good but wheels are to big- why not 15'ins?
ModifiedEF

Postby MColvin » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:38 pm

I had evo8 before, awesome car- you ll enjoy every each minute in this car- really. Evo is a that type of car "must have once"

Anyway, crx is pretty good but wheels are to big- why not 15'ins?

Thanks! I am loving the Evo. In fact, I actually finally bought some new wheels and suspension for it last night. As for the CRX, I like the 16s because they are wider, so you are able to get a bit better grip, while still allowing the wheels to fit without rubbing. They are the same specs as the Spoon wheels.
MColvin

Postby 4drSpankR » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:27 am

That's a good looking car man! Your attention to detail is really amazing, well done!
1991 HF - previously '90 B18A1 now '97 B18C1
1989 Si - running parts car/gone
4drSpankR

Postby MColvin » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:36 pm

I also thought I should share this. I recently got into more realistic car drawing and the first car I decided to do was Nihkon's CRX!
MColvin

Postby CRXanatos » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:45 pm

Your CRX is almost exactly what I'm going for with my build and I love it, only difference is I'm going with a B18b1 instead of a b20 because I already had it around
98 Integra RS (traded for my CRX)
89 CRX DX
96 Integra LS
Instagram @west_florida_imports
CRXanatos

Postby MColvin » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:19 pm

Nice! I highly recommend the b20/ls turbo setup. You get a lot of power and torque gains and it costs way less than a vtec setup. I have a really conservative tune, and the car is still way faster than most of the people that I know who are running vtec engines.
MColvin

Postby fraglerock » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:06 pm

Beautifully done. While I'd opt for a 15" wheel as a standard, these look really good on your car.
fraglerock

Postby MColvin » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:28 pm

I have been prepping for Hondafest NW again, so I just had a few updates. Mostly, I had been waiting on a set of Kanjo door cards for about six months and they finally arrived. I also finally replaced my old DSLR camera, so I was able to snap a couple of pictures while the weather was nice.
MColvin

Postby J Wid » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:48 am

Love the b20 turbo setup, car looks amazing!!
J Wid

Postby MColvin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Thankfully, I actually made it to Hondafest this year. I tried to take a few pics.

Here is my buddy's crx. It is beautiful! B18a1 turbo
This crazy J32 swapped, procharged eg hatch
This vti imported from Germany
And mine of course
I really liked this shot of my new steering wheel
MColvin

Previous

Return to The Showroom