Honda CRX Forum banner

EPT CRX (New project)

10K views 40 replies 15 participants last post by  CRXGuy 
#1 ·
Hello everyone my name is Chris I've been a very long time lurker on the community, but Ive never really shared so I had some spare time today so I thought Id tell my story and show everyone my crx.(excuse the bad pictures) So I have my dad to blame for getting me into CRX's he bought one back in the day from the neighboor across the street and I thiught it was the coolest car I had ever seen. (Thats my dad and me in the picture). So I bought my 1990 CRX si back in 2007 with all the money I saved working at Village Inn my jr year of high school. It wasn't the nicest and it still isn't, but it's mine. Try not to make to much fun of my paint its the last thing on my list of things to do. Here is the day I drove it home with my dad. And heres another one a few months later when my dad went out and got another crx and my brother with his old crx. Since 2007 I've done a ton of stuff to the crx and I've gathered many parts to eventually do a full restoration on it,(I have just about everything I need) I just have to find all the pictures and bring you guys up to speed. For now I'll leave you guys with a teaser. Before: And now: Check back around next week I should have a lot more pictures up by then.

See less See more
#2 ·
Now that's cool!! Those are some moments to cherish!!!

And I'm going to assume a k-swap was done... Just because of the raised hood....then again it does say DOHC VTEC on the door. So maybe a B-series.

#4 ·
thanks guys. and yes they are lol. Your right I originaly bought the crx with a zc swap already in it but being in high school and young it didn't last me to long so once I saved up the cash I ended up going with a B18c. Also Robb I have somethings that I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing, but I still need to get the pictures up.

#6 ·
Thanks Rommel. :)b So here's an old update. I found some pictures of when I did the suspension about 6,000 miles ago. So I waited till my crx hit 200k and pulled it into the garage and redid a lot of the suspension. Cleaned up the wheel wells and repainted them. And more recently my fuel pump started acting up so went ahead and replaced it. and now last week I got in some nice parts, new bumper cover, front fender and a Apexi muffler. I got the apexi welded up yesterday. Thats it for now, next week I should be able to pull all my parts I've been collecting for the crx and take some pictures.

#7 ·
Real clean! Good job on the wheel wells. Definitely makes the suspension come to life!

#10 ·
Thanks crxn I think it made everything look fresh again. And from what I remember my dads y49 was really clean he was the second owner. Alright so today I was able to pull all my parts out and take some pictures of them and actually organize my stash. Here we go. All new moldings and weather stripping new mud flaps and some used extras new front lip

#17 ·
Great work! I hope my son picks up my love for CRXs as well, but in 15 years there might not be any left! :shock:

I will also second your recommendation of Majestic Honda (hondaautomotiveparts.com). Everything there is way cheaper than any local dealer, but you need to buy a bunch as well because shipping seems to be a flat rate ~ $25 whether you buy a $1.00 clip or $400 worth of everything.

#22 ·
91_CRX said:
Great work! I hope my son picks up my love for CRXs as well, but in 15 years there might not be any left! :shock:

I will also second your recommendation of Majestic Honda (hondaautomotiveparts.com). Everything there is way cheaper than any local dealer, but you need to buy a bunch as well because shipping seems to be a flat rate ~ $25 whether you buy a $1.00 clip or $400 worth of everything.
Thanks man I really appreciate it.
As for the lip I would try it. The worse that can happen is they return your money if they can't get it.
NovaVTEC I get all excited too whenever I see them. :lol:
So no new updates really on the crx since school has been taking all my time. Although my door switch that tells you if the door is open has been going off randomly as I drive it. I guess I'll have to find new ones. :cry:

#24 ·
Well my new favorite place is called Crave its at 11990 Rojas Dr. on the eastside everything there is really good I always get the grilled chicken pesto sandwich with the chorizo mashed potatoes. I also really like Rosco's burger its at 3829 Tompkins Rd. If you know what kinda food your specifically looking for I can recommend something else. I've never been to Dallas. :oops:

#26 ·
CRXGuy said:
I bought just about everything from majestichondaparts.com and hondapartscheap.com but that was 3 years ago they might still be able to find you one though. And thanks Deviousjet not to many people here in El Paso that are into crx's.
Your right alot of peeps like the newer cars I never had my crx in el paso though I had an ej6 red hatch. The worst part are the thieves back at home the scene is nice though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.