Honda CRX Forum banner

No clue what's happening...

6K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  mossin_90 
#1 ·
Hey guys so I got in my car tonight after work and the temp gauge, gas gauge, tach, blinkers, clock do not work! Has anyone had this same problem? Is it a fuse?

#27 ·
4drSpankR said:
But, that's in PA. :)b
Ohio is SOOOOOO lax in automotive laws, just the mention of it is a joke.
Just 1 brake light? Good enough.
Broken windshield? Ah, he'll probly fix that later.
Changing lanes without a blinker? Not important. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Except for the 7 counties around Cleveland, emissions testing and inspection isn't a thing.

#28 ·
Myriad said:
4drSpankR said:
But, that's in PA. :)b
Ohio is SOOOOOO lax in automotive laws, just the mention of it is a joke.
Just 1 brake light? Good enough.
Broken windshield? Ah, he'll probly fix that later.
Changing lanes without a blinker? Not important. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Except for the 7 counties around Cleveland, emissions testing and inspection isn't a thing.
Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of cars driving around that should technically fail. For me, it's more of a matter of safety then anything else, and there's of course the "gray area" when it comes to inspecting cars. For me, I like when all my brake lights work, so keeping them that way is no big deal at all, other people not so much.

Emission testing is a whole other animal, and depends on what county you live in. In the Philadelphia region (Berks county) some of the older cars (like ours) still get dyno tested with the exhaust probe, because it's a way more populated area. (Although the dyno is slowly going away) Most everything else is all OBD2 tested and the computer says if it passes or not. Where I live in Lancaster, it's way more lax. Our cars (CRXs') fall into the category of visual emissions inspection, which is much easier to pass.

PA isn't too strict with stuff compared to other states either, I think of it more as "This stuff should be fixed anyway to make YOU and others safer." How many people actually check to make sure their brake and reverse lights work? Or your actual brake hard lines for leaks?? I've had people come in for inspection and when I test drove the vehicle noticed the brake pedal had pressure but was soft, found a leak in the hard line. Some people don't have common sense when it comes to cars, and that's my job to do that for them. :)b

But, there are assholes out there that fail cars for the wrong reasons or also because they don't know what they're doing. That I simply do not agree with.

#29 ·
i Was reading your problems and thinking fuse box or unplugged of halfway unplugged gauge cluster lol.

Damn ebay leds or hids. I got some and am going to install once i finish her. Hope my wiring and fuse box will handle the amps...

May have to add a relay in the wiring of the hids/leds. Wanna say i have hids. So how the headlights work when you had them before your fuse box took a dump?

#30 ·
Fuses have a % for its rating this % means a 10A fuse can hold up a bit over 10, you would need to know what % its rated for.
the resistor used with any electrical component does just that restricts the current flow, this means everything before the resistor and power will heat up a bit more, that is what keeps the LED from melting down or burning up.
IF the fuse box is failing then there is more resistance before the fuse. IF it melted the fuse holder as previously stated if it was handled constantly or enough to losen up the spades terminals(connector) that little wiggle will act as a bad connection increasing current and resistance, this is the hot point.
a different resistor will either dim the LED or make it brighter, the dimmer LED will work hotter at the cable before the resistor(depending of its value).

btw IDK how the ELD would handle that change.
like I said I am no electric expert but that is the info I've gathered from net post regarding selecting the right lightbulb/LED.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.