(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

how to remove the dash?

Got a problem with your stock CRX? This is where you should start.

Moderator: Moderators

how to remove the dash?

Postby greasemonky89 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:47 pm

trying to figure out what im getting into.
greasemonky89

Postby noypistah » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:00 pm

why do you need to take out the dash? there are some nuts and bolts and the plugs to be pulled.
"The only job where you start at the top, is digging a hole." -anonymous
noypistah

Postby ydennek » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:08 pm

I am going to do this tomorrow as well. The reason i am doing it is because someone before tried to 'fix' the ac. So the ac does not flow throwout the vents. I was planning on doing a write up on this. I will post as soon as i am done.
1987 Honda CRX DX
ydennek

Postby noypistah » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:18 pm

ahh where were you 2 weeks ago? i was bored and took out my dash for fun. lol took out alot of unnecessary screws, but its all back now.
noypistah

Postby ydennek » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:22 pm

is there anything you broke or took some time to figure out how to take a part or remove?
1987 Honda CRX DX
ydennek

Postby greasemonky89 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:27 pm

no im trying to remove it to take the heater core out and all of the ac components. i just dont want to take off unnecessary screws if i just have to take off some bolts.

so far i have both bolts from the right and left vents off by the doors. cluster off, center console off, glove box off, steering wheel off, the bolt by the hood latch off. whatelse
greasemonky89

Postby noypistah » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:30 pm

that bolt on top of the dash?

oh yea, don't forget that one control thing on the left side where it slides left to right. make sure you pull the plug off that.. plug or something thats holding it. i think screws. i dont remember
noypistah

Postby seansok » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:29 pm

there are six dash bolts in all. the ones underneath the defrost garnishes on the sides of the dash. one by the hood latch. one on the opposing side of the hood latch. one top center, under a small plastic cover, and one in the lower center, underneath the center console which should already be removed. i removed the two steering column retaining bolts closest to the steering wheel to give me enough play to remove the dash. there may be a ground wire that is part of the dash harness grounded directly to the right of the steering column. disconnect it.

you also need to disconnect the wires from the back of the fuse box under the dash. unbolting it is necessary. the cable for the fresh air vent to the left of the steering wheel is the only thing holding you back once you get this far. pull the knob off of the fresh air vent lever. take a small pick and pry out the small plastic garnish directly behind the knob for the fresh air vent lever. now two small screws will be exposed. remove the two screws and the fresh air vent control assembly is detached from the dash. it should be now ready to pull out, but be cautious pulling it out and always check for wires that may still be attached.
seansok

Postby noypistah » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:35 pm

there is a thin wire which is a ground from the dash harness that has a circle thing and a bolt goes right through it. make sure you take this out too, i almost ripped mine apart.
noypistah

Postby greasemonky89 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:36 am

thanks guys will do in the morning
greasemonky89

Postby noypistah » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:51 am

its also easier to take the dash off if you have the stakes out, theyre easy to pull out and put back in anyway
noypistah

Postby Baker » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:30 am

Taken directly from the service manaul.

DL it or buy a hardcopy version of it, it details EVERYTHING!

http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/medi ... /14-56.pdf
Baker
OEM+

Return to Stock Garage