Honda CRX Forum banner

brake booster leaking??

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  sicknick 
#1 ·
Guys I did a smoke test on the vacuum hose that goes into the bake booster and noticed the interior was full of smoke. Is this normal? The brake booster seems to work fine otherwise.

#2 ·
If your talking about smoke being on the interior of the brake booster than I would assume this is normal unless there is a one way check valve on the port that the vacuum line connects too. Even then as long as there is no smoke coming out of the brake booster with the master cylinder still attached and it is still braking normal then it should be ok.

#3 ·
cowboys2291 said:
If your talking about smoke being on the interior of the brake booster than I would assume this is normal unless there is a one way check valve on the port that the vacuum line connects too. Even then as long as there is no smoke coming out of the brake booster with the master cylinder still attached and it is still braking normal then it should be ok.
Nice,thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.