Honda CRX Forum banner

Fuel Line Replacement

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  AttackCRX 
#1 ·
Hello,

Just purchased a 1988 CRX SI and I've had it for 3 days now. Well while driving to work this morning I broke a fuel line on the way to work (lines were really rusted). Brought it to a shop and they state that the fuel lines are no longer made and they will have to take apart my interior/dash to install a new fabricated line. They also stated that they can't go with a poly/rubber line because the line is pushing 40 lbs of pressure. I would love to install all JDM parts and I don't really need the car to run right away (3rd vehicle). Any suggestions or recommendations appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

#3 ·
As long as the rubber tubing is secured properly, you have nothing to worry about with using it. Hard-lines are needed for the permanent solution, though; you do NOT want something stupid like carpet slightly pinching the line.

#4 ·
I'm assuming they broke right at the left rear wheel near the fuel tank? You can use fuel injector hose (and fuel injector clamps) to make your own. Any reputable part guy will know what that is. I fixed mine well over 3 years ago with no issue and I'm running a Xenocron 255lph fuel pump.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.