(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

front defrost won't work

Got a problem with your stock CRX? This is where you should start.

Moderator: Moderators

front defrost won't work

Postby pepsiman50 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:06 pm

the heater fan blows but i can't get the front defrost switch to flip the air to the defroster it seems like the heat is stuck on just 1 switch and i can't remember how to pull the control panel to check and see if everything is hook up right i just got this crx si from a old man 1 ower and only 117,000 miles on it and it runs really good if anyone can help i would be a friend for life and thanks for your time
pepsiman50

Re: front defrost won't work

Postby Myriad » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:29 pm

Get yourself one of these. :lol:
I got a new shell, just need to stop driving the DX so I can work on it.

I've got a filter for my mouth, it just isn't a good one.
Myriad

Postby thaeli » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:24 am

If the mode select is stuck, it's probably either the metal cables behind the unit, or the mode door itself is jammed. Could also be an internal break, but that "should" default to the defrost position.

You're going to need to pull the dash. With the dash off, these cars have a pretty simple blend and mode door system. It's mostly mechanical except for the fresh/recirc switch that's electric for some reason.
thaeli

Postby pepsiman50 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:40 pm

thanks for replying to my post a couple of Questions for you how do i go about removing the dash and will it mess anything up when i do or is there a video somewhere that will help me with this?
pepsiman50

Postby Myriad » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:26 am

You'll only mess something up if you're rough with it. Keep in mind that the plastics are really old and often brittle. If something isn't loose, don't yank on it.

There are 6 bolts holding it to the chassis; 2 on the left, 2 on the right (one behind the door vent, one underneath the dash), one in the center under the windshield, last one in the bottom of the console. You'll need the speed sensor cable pulled out from the back of the tach cluster and the steering rack dropped as well (I think 4 bolts hold it in). OF course, the radio and crap need disconnected.
I got a new shell, just need to stop driving the DX so I can work on it.

I've got a filter for my mouth, it just isn't a good one.
Myriad

Postby theinfamousw » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:09 am

On a crx si the mode vent is under the dash in the middle. Get in the driver side floorboard and look towards the center and you will see a bunch of levers on a large black box, near the bottom of said box will be a smaller black box that contains the motor that does the switching. tap on that with a screwdriver handle and change the settings and see if the levers start to move. That's what i had to do with mine
I like my women like my CRX. Short, sexy, and with a rear end that makes you say "I bet she handles like a dream"
theinfamousw

Return to Stock Garage