(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

89 CRX Heat Issues

Got a problem with your stock CRX? This is where you should start.

Moderator: Moderators

89 CRX Heat Issues

Postby THEirltfg » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:32 pm

Hey everyone, I just recently purchased an 89 CRX for pretty cheap and really the only issue that I've run into besides cosmetics problems is that I can't get the heat to work at all. I can feel it a little bit but that's all. I tried different settings, etc. and nothing has worked. I replaced the blower motor resistor and still nothing. I've searched and I'm thinking that it could possibly be the blower motor itself but not totally sure.

I also wanted to check the fuses for the blower motor and I don't think it's there? It's suppose to be on the auxiliary fuse part, #19 correct? I can take pictures of the dash fuses later if it'll help out as maybe I'm just missing the quite obvious.

Any help is appreciated. I just don't want to replace the blower motor(have heard it's a PITA) and that not solve the issue.
THEirltfg

Re: 89 CRX Heat Issues

Postby 4drSpankR » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:39 am

Do you mean the blower isn't blowing hard? Or you have the temp all the way hot and it's not hot coming through the vents??
1991 HF - previously '90 B18A1 now '97 B18C1
1989 Si - running parts car/gone
4drSpankR

Postby Dave_Darling » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:24 pm

If there is no air coming out at all, then the switches, resistors, or the blower motor itself is probably not in good shape. Or the air could be blocked by some debris like leaves. If the air blows, but it's not warm, then you may have an air pocket in the coolant, or you may have a heater valve that is disconnected from the rotary knob, or something may be wrong with the heater core. (Hopefully not the latter, as it's a major pain in the butt to get at!)

--DD
"Mango Bango", 1990 CRX Si -- Sold on 10/01/11, with over 227,000 miles.

VTEC is Honda's "select a cam profile on the fly" system; VTECH is a crappy phone.
Dave_Darling

Postby 94eg! » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:46 pm

Just remove the 3 screws in the footwell securing the blower motor and it will drop out. With it still plugged in, you can test all switch positions to make sure they work. If it only spins on high setting, then you know it's the resistor. If no speeds work, it's the switch, motor or wiring. If they all work, it's time to look for blockage in the ducts (before and after the blower).
94eg!

Return to Stock Garage