(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Right shift linkage bushings?

Got a problem with your stock CRX? This is where you should start.

Moderator: Moderators

Right shift linkage bushings?

Postby umop3plsdn3dlus » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:52 am

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CN937G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_DqTUybX617NKD these are the bushings for the linkage right?
Dustin - Central Texas
umop3plsdn3dlus

Re: Right shift linkage bushings?

Postby umop3plsdn3dlus » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:53 am

Anyone? Bueller? Kinda want to drive my car again but have been waiting to get this fixed so I don't break abother shifter
Dustin - Central Texas
umop3plsdn3dlus

Postby msc » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:09 am

If you like installing nearly useless urethane those would be the ones. Assuming you have a basically stock shifter that has substantial side to side slop while in gear the real problem is the joint at the bottom of the stick. Put the car on jack stands to get under there and look. Have someone move the shifter in the car and observe where you have play in the linkage.

Parts 3, 4, 5, and 25 in this link are the likely problem. If the link doesn't work it's the standard parts break down for the 91 DX shift linkage. http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hpa_part ... oupID=6039

I replaced these parts on both my HFs and reduced the play by 80 to 90 percent.

Mike
msc

Postby umop3plsdn3dlus » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:09 pm

Ya this thing, if you put it into first instead of it feeling "stuck" at first, it will swing all the way to the passenger side seat while in gear. It's bad, like real bad lol. And that happens in EVERY gear.

For like 20 bucks ill just order all of them, its not gonna hurt to refresh this stuff. Thanks, I'll order them now. This is a pretty cool site, is this the go to for ordering stuff? ill have to bookmark this site.
Dustin - Central Texas
umop3plsdn3dlus

Postby umop3plsdn3dlus » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:37 am

Just got an email from them saying my order was cancelled because one of the bushings is discontinued from Honda. So anywhere else I can order this stuff?
Dustin - Central Texas
umop3plsdn3dlus

Postby Myriad » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:10 am

That always happens when I try to order stuff.

Any chance Integra or newer D-series civic bushings would work? I believe they practically use the same shift linkage stuff. (Integra shifter is reversed, but should still use the same bushings.)
I got a new shell, just need to stop driving the DX so I can work on it.

I've got a filter for my mouth, it just isn't a good one.
Myriad

Postby umop3plsdn3dlus » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:49 am

I'm just going to order the energy ones. I need something to help , its crazy
Dustin - Central Texas
umop3plsdn3dlus

Postby msc » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:38 pm

Which of the Honda parts was not available?

I'm 99% sure the ES bushings are a waste of time and money. You would need to fix the stick base bushings before you could even feel the small difference the ES bushings will make.

An after market shifter will likely use different bushings at the stick base and might be your best option for a purchased part. Beyond that you would need to have a bushing custom machined that replaces the set of parts used by Honda. A brass, bronze, or Delrin bushing of the correct ID, OD, and length would do it. This is the type of bushing I think you will find on most after market shifters.

The complexity of the Honda bushing set is likely to isolate the stick from engine vibration and exhaust heat.

Welcome to the world of maintaining a car that is no longer supported.

Mike
msc

Return to Stock Garage