(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

IACV?

Got a problem with your stock CRX? This is where you should start.

Moderator: Moderators

IACV?

Postby umop3plsdn3dlus » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:58 pm

Is there a proper procedure to adjusting this? or keep taking it off and adjusting the screw and hope you get lucky. the deathtrap just wont idle right. honestly its gotten to the point that i just unplug the thing. sure it idles super low but IT NEVER DIES. as soon as you plug the iacv in it revs to 1000-1500 then falls on its face. sometimes it will chug and catch itself but most times it just dies. As soon as the car is under load, drives great, no load =sometimes it does the surging thing where it 1000-1500-1000-1500, but 9/10 it just dies. if i could unplug it and it not trip the ecu into going into limp mode, i would just drive without it being plugged in.
Dustin - Central Texas
umop3plsdn3dlus

Re: IACV?

Postby msc » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:40 am

Don't touch the adjusting screw, it's a factory setting and there is no field adjustment procedure for it. What it needs is a really good cleaning.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=158178

Mike
msc

Postby umop3plsdn3dlus » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:14 pm

Well the PO had it back all the way out. If I knew where it was supposed to be I would put it back. But I'll get on that cleaning job.
Dustin - Central Texas
umop3plsdn3dlus

Postby kracksmith » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:36 pm

i would remove the IVAC and let it just soak in the brake cleaner for days. it'll clean all that carbon that is inside.
kracksmith

Postby mossin_90 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:59 am

tps might be bad, the only way to test is with a multimeter and an analog meter from what Ive read is better.
set screw changes the position of the throttle body plate thus changing tps position. its all connected.
I had the same problem but with DPFI and everytime I had fluctuating idle it was related to timing and tps position because of the idle set screw being touched.
in anycase clean the IACV, make sure timing is good, test the tps as well, they go bad at lower rpm because those are the most used range of movement from tps.
from what I can recall set the tps to .5v at idle.

check ecu for any codes.
gl
'90 CRX DX_5sp
"Maybe it's better that way... memories can be terribly painful, being able to forget is a great blessing"
mossin_90

Postby umop3plsdn3dlus » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:16 pm

Oh ya I got plenty of codes from the Ecu. Problem is that the codes themselves are intermittent but the only constant is the idleing issues. I might go three or four days without throwing codes or five minutes. Codes are 7, 10,14,16. But because of the intermittent part, I wanted to start at the constant first then work my way through the codes. But I'm fairly certain fixing the IACV will go along way into fixing those other codes. I checked out the post on here on what the codes are
Dustin - Central Texas
umop3plsdn3dlus

Return to Stock Garage